Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using 4.26 p5 compiled. I would like to do caching. Click image for larger version

Name:	426p5.PNG
Views:	1454
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1831484 Could someone do a video? The last one from Unreal was about a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasp View Post
      Chaos Editor "Fracture Mode" desappear after update to preview 7
      Chaos can no longer be used in the Binary builds of the engine - you have to compile it from source and enable Chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Chaos can no longer be used in the Binary builds of the engine - you have to compile it from source and enable Chaos.
        Guys, you should update the docs. Even the page you linked still says "Chaos Destruction is enabled by default with Unreal Engine version 4.26 available on the Epic Launcher."

Comment

every time I enable raytracing in my scene and try to render using movie queue I get this

Click image for larger version

Name:	cine1.0002.jpeg
Views:	1676
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	1831518

I also don't know how to disable the vr hands visibility in movie render queue

the viewport looks normal and doesn't show these weird colors at all, I have no idea what to do and this is happening ever since preview 1 of 4.26

some other problems I noticed

backfaces have weird bending of reflections when using high specular value on translucent materials
          translucency enabled causes precission errors on large scale planes even if they don't use translucency at all (flickering on ground in distance)
          raytracing has problems with precission with large objects far away from camera like static mesh mountains few KM away.
          GPU lightmass causes artifacting if you enable denoiser and use compression on lightmaps(which is on by default).
          GPU lightmass won't use skylight in sun&sky unless you build reflection captures prior to building lighting every time you open a project.
          Volumetric lightmaps are completely broken at least with gpu lightmass, I can't even describe what's going on there, but I haven't had a single instance of good volumetric lightmap.
          stationary directional light is disabled every time you bake lightmaps and you have to re-enable the light to see it's dynamic shadow (like switch the light to movable)
          Every time I work with DX12 and VR project I get either gpu crash or some weird slowdowns using unreal editor
          Instanced stereo isn't working (at least not with oculus) - some stuff is only visible in left eye (mainly translucency)

my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by UElaci View Post
            Every time I work with DX12 and VR project I get either gpu crash or some weird slowdowns using unreal editor
            Instanced stereo isn't working (at least not with oculus) - some stuff is only visible in left eye (mainly translucency)
            I am getting tired of Epic not really caring enough for VR

Comment

Originally posted by Arkiras View Post
              After updating to preview 7 I can't even open my projects created in preview 6. Crashes while compiling shaders before the editor even loads.
              Yop me too! I canot open projects with version 6... i seems that new gpu lightmass give this problem!

Comment

Originally posted by ulrix666 View Post

Yop me too! I canot open projects with version 6... i seems that new gpu lightmass give this problem!
                same reason, I'm crashing.
                environment artist | VR Dev
                serriffe.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moth Doctor View Post

Guys, you should update the docs. Even the page you linked still says "Chaos Destruction is enabled by default with Unreal Engine version 4.26 available on the Epic Launcher."
                  So Chaos API won't be production ready for 4.26 anymore and that will either happen with 4.27 or 5.0 ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Which bugs have you already reported? So, We can avoid reporting duplicate bug.

This is the bug I have reported regarding VR platform.

Case # 00262916: Software Occlusion Culling doesn't work on Oculus Quest Vulkan 3.1ES Mobile Multiview Forward Rendering <<< This seem to exist since 4.24
                    Case # 00262861: OpenGL3.1ES forward rendering with mobile multiview has black screen on Oculus Quest <<< In, Preview 7 is still the same but Oculus menu overlay + stereo layer is visible.
                    Case # 00262195: Oculus Quest's translucent blend mode is completely invisible. <<< This is probably because of mobile multiview.
                    Case # 00262139: Oculus Quest Arm64 crash if not enable OnlineSubsystemGooglePlay <<< Currently, Only development build crash in LibOvrplatform.so
                    Epic need new method to track the bugs.
                    Case # 00262139 and Case # 00262916 reporting gap is only 2 days but the case number is increased by 700.
                    This look like that the bug just floods their new bug report system.

There is no way to update the reported bug.
                    There is no way to search for reported bug which is not accepted as issue by Epic.

Also some issues cannot be viewed on issues.unrealengine.com such as
                    Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                    Fixed in Preview 7
                    Fixed! UE-102642 Oculus Quest startup failure on Vulkan
                    Fixed! UE-102626 Mobile-Multiview crash with 2D Scene Capture
                    It's probably because of NDA that this is not viewable.
                    Last edited by BoBosan; 11-11-2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoBosan View Post

Which bugs have you already reported? So, We can avoid reporting duplicate bug.
                      I am still on 4.25.3, Oculus fork. I haven't really had any issues with Quest. However, I've heard from several people that PC VR + DX12 are not stable (I am waiting for my new GPU to arrive to start messing with PC VR and RTX). I am pretty sure it's been reported since support for DX12 been there since 4.24 or even earlier.

Comment

When will the 4.26 release version be officially released !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moth Doctor View Post

Yes. In preview 6 it was, but in preview 7 tool "Fracture" disappeared. All plugins avalible and checked

Comment

Does anyone know how to get rid of these strange artifacts at the shoreline where the WaterOceanBody meets the lanscape? I don't remember this in preview 5. Also, the artifacts where the VolumetricCloud meets the water, landscape, and foliage still persist.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by decksounds13; 11-12-2020, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Still getting outline artifacts on thin hair!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thin_Hair_Outline.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	1831774
                              Last edited by The_Distiller; 11-12-2020, 02:13 AM.
                              ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

there is only 1 guy working in the xr/vr department. apply for a job. i'm sure steve could use help.
                                Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Working...
                                X