Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant crashing of editor when i launch my 4.26 preview 6 project into 4.26 preview 7. Has the report message .. doesnt make it into the editor

Comment

Enable the gpulightmass plugin, it will crash, so please make it possible to download Preview 6 with the launcher.

Comment

Does anyone here or from Epic know how to get the Alembic data to stream. They mentioned in the stream that it is in the build and I can turn on the plugin but I only get the import option. I can't find any other option relating to streaming. Please help me out

Comment

still preview? I cannot use Quixel Bridge in preview!

Comment

I need UE5 When you will release it, Epic? )

Comment

ue4 4.26 preview 7 raytracing DX12 + GPULightmass errar:..................................
              Attached Files

Comment

Displacement is completely broken on 4.26 preview 7

It's quite disappointed to see the stability of UE4 is getting worse every updates or patch since 4.1x
                They try to fix bugs in each updates but they also introduce more bugs.

What is happening to the development team and QA team.

Just saying...

Comment

Do Preview 7 fix that long standing landscape tessellation weird shadow bug? i have Preview 6 and did not bother to login after i did not pass that horrible captcha menace from launcher that is haunting with every login when launcher forgets login.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	fggfft565786.jpg Views:	0 Size:	328.9 KB ID:	1831357
                  tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Not sure what I am missing but when I add a water body lake or river into the map its having not effect on the terrain at all.
                    3D Artist and World Builder On Stone Rage

Comment

ue4 4.26 preview 7 raytracing DX12 + GPULightmass , error((((

Comment

After updating to 4.26 preview 7, from 4.26 preview 6, my widgets just seems to have disappeared. The UMG hierarchy is just empty. There were no errors or anything, and they just vanished.

I've attached 2 pics, one before I click the UMG compile button and one after, of a widget in 4.26 preview 7. And all it says is "Removed unused widgets".

It worked perfectly in preview 6 and I've kept a backup of the project as well, and opening the backup gives the same exact result.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by matseffect View Post
                          Not sure what I am missing but when I add a water body lake or river into the map its having not effect on the terrain at all.
                          Click on the landscape and enable edit layers, and then add the water body onto it.
                          FPS Game Starter Kit
                          Retro Game Starter Kit
                          Quiz Game Starter Kit
                          Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Originally posted by sergealmazov View Post
                            I need UE5 When you will release it, Epic? )
                            Unless it's going to be fully functional, stable, production ready and bugs will be fixed quicker than with UE4 there is no need for more features if that means more bugs.
                            Here the reports of issues with 4.26 are enough already, UE5 is going to add a lot of new APIs to the mix with hundreds of features, new algorithms... but if it is unreliable with stability issues and bugs that don't get fixed for months, years then there would be no improvement to UE4.

Comment

Chaos Editor "Fracture Mode" desappear after update to preview 7

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                                Enabling "crack free displacement" breaks the material in preview 7.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Crack_Free_DISP_Error.jpg Views:	2353 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	1831026
                                Yes, exactly the same for me. I will file a bug report. Nevermind, it has been fixed in the source: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...50019d2ef90095 If you apply that small change to the shader file it will fix the problem.
                                Last edited by virtualHC; 11-11-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X