This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My contribution to improving the widget elements of the Ue 4.26 engine:
    1) Wrap Box now supports checkbox wrapping.
    2) Wrap Box stretches as much as possible in width if it is not limited by the canvas or other elements of the widget. Please add to the new version.
    Attached Files

Comment

Preview 6, like all other 4.26 previews, still runs blank map at 40fps while 4.25 runs it at +150 fps.
      Can people confirm having the same issue or not?

Comment

The water system allows to play with wave settings, but it affects all the waves.

Is it possible to do custom settings for each wave?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreika View Post
          My contribution to improving the widget elements of the Ue 4.26 engine:
          1) Wrap Box now supports checkbox wrapping.
          2) Wrap Box stretches as much as possible in width if it is not limited by the canvas or other elements of the widget. Please add to the new version.
          This is not the way contribute, you can send a Pull Requested to their GitHub repository.

Originally posted by Haoris View Post
          Preview 6, like all other 4.26 previews, still runs blank map at 40fps while 4.25 runs it at +150 fps.
          Can people confirm having the same issue or not?
          If you could reproduce it in a 4.25 and 4.26 clean project, did you submit a bug report?
          Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
          LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
          Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post

Well, preview versions usually have a lot more issues and bugs, so naturally it's great that they exist. Of course, we know that UE doesn't really have "stable versions", as every version breaks something that worked before, but probably it's not the concept they should change, but instead, they should only release a new version, when it has no known regressions compared to the previous version (and all regressions discovered in the release should be fixed in a patch).
            Well.. if only the upcoming UE 5.0 was made completely modular they would be able to achieve full stable releases. Also if they ever added compatibility layers to the framework all deprecated code would still run correctly. There are clearly some design issues that have never been addressed to make the engine really stable so it seems. Although I still think that big software houses paying a lot of money for exclusive support are getting something more than what is made public to everyone, anyway no one will ever confirm anything about that because it obviously would be under NDA.

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post
              This is not the way contribute, you can send a Pull Requested to their GitHub repository.
              And how to do it? I have an account but no message button!

Comment

Send for me

Comment

Originally posted by Dreika View Post
                  And how to do it? I have an account but no message button!
                  It's detailed in the official documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eal/index.html
                  Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                  LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                  Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

Originally posted by pickersZ View Post

If you could reproduce it in a 4.25 and 4.26 clean project, did you submit a bug report?
                    It happens in a clean project without any content. There's no problem on 4.25, only on every 4.26 previews. I'm trying to know if it happens for other people too or just me before submitting a bug (as I don't know if it's one)

Comment

Like, im ok with bugs and UE crashes here and there. But returning to editor from vr preview causes gpu driver crash and whole system freeze a lot. If I package the project and run, then exit the packaged project everything works ok. But VR preview can't properly exit for me.
                      my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by StyleMarshal View Post
                        Does anyone know how to stream Alembic ?
                        I'm hoping to get this to work too. Does anyone know if it is yet to be included in the preview build?

Comment

weird bug with water plugin on vulkan

https://vimeo.com/475726176

Comment

how does Chaos Cloth work ?

Comment

Originally posted by UElaci View Post
                              Oh wow. The GPU lightmass is a LOT faster in 4.26 for me than it was in 4.25 custom plug-in.
                              is there a tutrorial how to use it? I can get it to work but cant get it to give me clean renders. what settng controls how clean it looks? and do you still edit any files like the old way?

Comment

If anyone can link me to a tutorial to use GPU lightmass in this version, please do so. i can get it to work but dont know what setting actually do anything. no matter what setting i elevate.. the render looks fuzzy.

Comment

Working...
                                X