Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support for the render farm plug-in Deadline on the Epic Marketplace.
    ​​​​​​​There's mention in the post about Deadline support. Where can I get more information about it? Couldn't find a plugin in marketplace.

Comment

Change landscape's material to another material causes crash, anyone got this too?

Assertion failed: CurrentOwnerMaterial == OwnerMaterial || CurrentOwnerMaterial == nullptr [:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Materials/Material.cpp] [Line: 878] expected FMaterialResource with material WorldGridMaterial, got LandM(which is my current land material)

Comment

Is there a schedule for previews?

Comment

Originally posted by vr_marco View Post

You may need to delete those nodes and the references to the old enums, then recreate them. They are probably still referencing the Chaos ones which are no longer there.
          Seems to actually be a problem updating a project from pre4.26, going from 4.25 to Preview 5 causes all physics related enums to break. Not a huge issue now that I know what the problem is, but caused a lot of headache until I realized what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicrose37 View Post
            Is there a schedule for previews?
            Kinda.

https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Coverop View Post
              Not sure If someone has already reported It but Ray Trace Shadows doesn't work with the spotlight.

Ray Trace Shadows works with everything else tho.
              You need to give the Spot Light's Source Radius a value greater than 0. At 0 you won't get any soft shadowing from ray tracing.
              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
              UE4 Documentation

Comment

Is Texture Share going to support 3D Texture/ Volume sharing? Thanks

Comment

My Chaos menu item has disappeared, was it placed somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Nupaul View Post
                    My Chaos menu item has disappeared, was it placed somewhere else?
                    You need to compile the engine from source to enable chaos again.

Comment

Asset Editor Open Crash:
                      Does anyone have a problem with opening Asset Editor for any static mesh?
                      Since 4.26P3 everytime when I try to Edit static mesh I have a crash.

LogAssetEditorSubsystem: Opening Asset editor for StaticMesh
                      and CRASH...

https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by Nicrose37 View Post

You need to compile the engine from source to enable chaos again.
                        They did the right thing to once again remove Chaos from official build and let only source code builders to test Chaos. Rock solid Chaos is better than half working & crashing Chaos.
                        tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Using 4.26 preview 5 Instanced stereo for Niagara particles is still broken. Here's the UE4 issues link where it states it's fixed: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-61777

It's changed from 4.25 - instead of inconsistent rendering left/right eye it is now consistently only visible in one eye. Here's hoping it can finally get fixed so we can move to the new system and abandon Cascade.

Comment

Good thing that chaos will be skipped for this release, testet it in my VR project and it runs really bad. 3 times slower on average while being super unstable. And that was after I reset my physics configuration. With higher iteration counts it becomes a slideshow. I really hope they can fix it. Physical animation also behaves totally different with chaos, and again also is very unstable. I hope they keep physx in the engine for a while because if chaos will not get to at least the quality level of it, I cant use it for my game.

Comment

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post

They did the right thing to once again remove Chaos from official build and let only source code builders to test Chaos. Rock solid Chaos is better than half working & crashing Chaos.
                              This is true, It will be great when it finally gets here

Comment

how can i enable chaos cloth on mobile

Comment

Working...
                                X