This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decksounds13 View Post

You need to enable the volumetrics plugin to get rid of the errors. I had the same issue, we all did. Ryan mentioned something five or six pages back.
    Thanks, managed to get rid of that error but now I have this
    Attached Files

Comment

FYI, In UE4.26 Preview 5 source, If you get compile error in HeadlessChaos project, It's a false positive.
      Because HeadlessChaos project doesn't check chaos build flag from UE4 project.
      The HeadlessChaos project is just an automation test project.
      Last edited by BoBosan; 10-29-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

You guys, it isn't necessary to revert the engine change to bCompileChaos and bUseChaos in order to get Chaos to work again. Although you do need to build from the Github source, as far as I'm aware the following isn't possible with the Epic launcher-distributed binaries.

In your MyGame.Target.cs, make your constructor look something like the following (using the Chaos Destruction Demo as an example):

Code:
        public ChaosDestructionDemoTarget(TargetInfo Target) : base(Target)
        {
            Type = TargetType.Game;

ExtraModuleNames.AddRange( new string[] { "ChaosDestructionDemo" } );

bCompileChaos = true;
            bUseChaos = true;
        }
        In your MyGameEditor.Target.cs, you should make the same change, and additionally add bOverrideBuildEnvironment = true; (otherwise UnrealBuildTool will not accept modifying the UE4Editor target defaults).

Comment

Hi,

I have some problems with GPU Lightmass, it calculates the light but the final result is complete black. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Comment

I have a problem with water in 4.26 preview 5, worked in Preview 3 but now whenever I move any point in the ocean or river spline it resets everything, ignores all the water body splines.

What am I doing wrong here? Doesn't matter if I have distance field turned on. Landscape, Shallow Water, Water and Volumetrics plugins are on. Halp.

Comment

So if Chaos is being walked back for 4.26, does this mean we will be getting a 4.27? Doesn’t seem like something they would add in a hotfix. The reason I ask, is because I know they specifically said they wanted us on Chaos before UE5.

Comment

Originally posted by feldy View Post
                So the current compiled 4.26 p5 build does not have chaos enabled even though it shows up in the plugins fine? Currently the fracture mode does not show up and previous working assets no longer function.
                I just compiled 4.26 p5 source and Chaos is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdsbeware View Post
                  So if Chaos is being walked back for 4.26, does this mean we will be getting a 4.27? Doesn’t seem like something they would add in a hotfix. The reason I ask, is because I know they specifically said they wanted us on Chaos before UE5.
                  The GitHub master branch is on 4.27, and the issue tracker also have a lot of issues assigned to 4.27, so that'll definitely be a version.
                  Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                  LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                  Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	ExposureDifferences.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	1827618

Same scene loaded from 4.25 into 4.26: There was an immediate exposure difference in the file, After going through it I discovered that I had to halve the exposure settings in the post process or in general in 4.26 in order to match the 4.25.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: There is also a bug in post process "Lens tint" settings don't translate, the checkboxes are always grayed out.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

I just compiled 4.26 p5 source and Chaos is there.
                      did you have to change anything or did you just run it through Visual studio like normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtyler2010 View Post

did you have to change anything or did you just run it through Visual studio like normal?
                        Use the links https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...43fe168f2dc8ad
                        https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...43fe168f2dc8ad
                        https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...26.0-preview-5
                        VS 2017
                        It was a little tricky. The compile time was about 30 minutes. I have an i9.
                        Last edited by theProfessor; 10-30-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Good to see Deep Shadows on hair working again
                          But the engine immediately crashes once the hair raytraced geometry flag is switched on

Comment

There seems to be a massive drop in fps when using raytracing in 4.26 versus 4.25 . What has been included in raytracing to have that effect?

Comment

It seems all enums on blueprint nodes related to physics constraints got reset to their defaults in these previews. I was testing my assets and thought it was just chaos breaking things, but chaos being disabled in Prev5 and it still being broken caused me to investigate further.

Comment

Originally posted by BakonGuy View Post
                                It seems all enums on blueprint nodes related to physics constraints got reset to their defaults in these previews. I was testing my assets and thought it was just chaos breaking things, but chaos being disabled in Prev5 and it still being broken caused me to investigate further.
                                You may need to delete those nodes and the references to the old enums, then recreate them. They are probably still referencing the Chaos ones which are no longer there.
                                CTO | Head of VR Development - Visit us at http://humanxr.com
                                My UE4 Tutorials (mostly VR): https://goo.gl/GUvDyV

Comment

Working...
                                X