Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water System (Experimental). The water system from Fortnite has been brought over to Unreal Engine. It can be used to create oceans, rivers, and lakes that seamless blend between one another and the landscape terrain. It uses an editable spline system to generate water tiles that work with landscape terrain.

I was making this same system to sell on the market and you bring yours from fortnite. YOU TRYING TO BANKRUPT ME lol
    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by Envieous View Post
      Setting AA method to MSAA turns everything except ui icons black.

try rebuilding lights and captures etc.
      Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Hello everybody! I installed 4.26 preview and yep, there is no Water plugin presented ;(

Comment

test gpulightmass
          also bad quality? anyone know how to resolve bad shadow?
          Attached Files
          Tcimage3d Studio
          Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
          Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
          Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

Looks like a shadow bias issue, you can try playing with the shadow bias options or use a high polygon sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
              you have to use source build. chaos is not in the launcher version.
              if you read the release notes in the OP it says Chaos replaces PhysX, so how can Chaos not be in the launcher version?
              Follow me on Twitter!
              Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
              Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Anyone found that SkyLights were simply not working at all anymore ? No setting I apply to them result in any additional lighting.
                Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

When will 4.26 get water actors, blueprints and materials? Unfortunately, they are not in the preliminary version.Also frustrated by the fact that you can not use multiple graphics cards for the mass of light (at least I did not manage to do it, although the API directX 12 allows you to use multiple graphics cards not in SLI mode, as well as Nvidia).

Comment

Originally posted by Igrom4ikus View Post
                    When will 4.26 get water actors, blueprints and materials? Unfortunately, they are not in the preliminary version.Also frustrated by the fact that you can not use multiple graphics cards for the mass of light (at least I did not manage to do it, although the API directX 12 allows you to use multiple graphics cards not in SLI mode, as well as Nvidia).
                    I found this map in landmass!
                    Attached Files
                    Tcimage3d Studio
                    Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                    Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                    Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

The new water system isn't in preview 1 as stated previously in this thread. It'll be in preview 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ConverseFox View Post
                        The new water system isn't in preview 1 as stated previously in this thread. It'll be in preview 2.
                        Thank you very much, we are waiting for updates )

Comment

"Mobile rendering improvements" - 4.25 have a crash on Android as soon as we using any number of Custom Data on Instance. Hope this will be fixed?

Comment

The physics is totally glitched ! My project is based on physics. I'm very scared about Chaos ...
                            Even a simple Skeletal Mesh who simulate physics is terrible.
                            Constraints doesn't works any more ( Constraints on mesh details )

Last edited by Prince.TK; 09-25-2020, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I was using 4.24 for a long time now and was pretty happy with it but i decided to give 4.26 a try because of gpu lightmass, some of the things i'm saying might be changes from 4.25 that i don't know about.

I can't disable realtime viewport, the checkbox is disabled! there is a new button "disable realtime override" and it doesn't do anything.

PlaceActor window doesn't show up with hotkey!, i always closed the Modes\PlaceActor window and used shift+1 hotkey to open it up when i need to add a new light or actor to my scene but now it just doesn't work, i should either leave the window open or go to menus everytime to open it up.

Comment

May I know what is Extended translucency support in raytracing. I don't see any difference between 4.25

Comment

Working...
                                X