No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.26 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent a while trying to get the chaos vehicle to work, but didnt get very far. It looks like I have things set up properly, but I cant get the vehicle to move on its own. If I apply an impulse to the vehicle I can get it moving and steering, but as soon as I release the throttle, it comes to a dead stop with the wheel still spinning. Engine RPM doesnt seem to be exposed to blueprints to see if the engine is going.
    Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
    Tried creating a new Vehicle Template project - cant seem to drive :-(
    Yeah the template hasnt been updated and is still based off PhysX, Have to create a new vehicle from scratch.
    https://www.patreon.com/MMaxwell
    https://twitter.com/Michael25991355

Comment

Originally posted by Corvidius.Burd View Post
      Awesome update! I have a question for Chaos cache simulation as well as strains and anchors.

Am I doing something wrong? Because I cannot find anything to do with caching simulations like 4.23. I also can't find anything to do with strains (like radial strains to cause the destruction) as well as anchors, to keep geometry collections intact at certain points.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
      Enable the "Field System" and "Chaos Caching" plugins

Comment

[*]Mobile rendering improvements. We are providing several new rendering features for Mobile devices. These include:[LIST][*]New reflection capture compression options for mobile[*]Distance Fields[*]New compression options for virtual textures for mobile (Beta)[*]Ground-Truth Ambient Occlusion (Experimental)[*]Dynamic spotlight shadows (Experimental)[*]Pixel projected reflections (Experimental)[*]Alpha to coverage (Experimental)[*]Other quality improvements

ALOT of amazing features here! I know these are listed as Android, but are these supported for mobile VR?
        I can see some of these features in project settings but where are others located like "ground truth ambient occulusion"?
        When can we expect some kind of documentation for these new mobile features?
        So excited! These coming with Quest 2 might take mobile VR up a peg.

Comment

Sequencer more Transition and Effects like Premiere?
          Sequencer more volume controls? AudioClip Speed? Less laggy with large audio clips usage?
          Sequencer 3D letters for trailer intros like After Effects?
          Facial expressions and Lipsynch like iClone from Reallusion?
          Unreal Motion Suit instead of Rokoko?

4.27?
          Last edited by Hard Frecorency; 09-24-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Hoping with newer versions, UE doesnt break its old stuff like unity. Would still be great to be able to have working templates and such with new implemented systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkiras View Post
              Enable the "Field System" and "Chaos Caching" plugins
              Thank you so much!

Comment

I cannot open the file while trying to set the Default RHI to DX12.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bummer about the water not being in the build. It was the one feature we actually needed...

Comment

Setting AA method to MSAA turns everything except ui icons black.

Anime Shading Model - Twitter

Comment

finally !!! the mythical, final and all encompassing 4.26 release of unreal engine 4 !!

Comment

has anyone figured out the water system ? i have enabled it with no clue how to use it

Comment

Attempting to open the Chaos physics demo project in 4.26 and it asks to rebuild, and errors on attempt to rebuild. Anybody else get the demo project to work in 4.26?
                          UE4 Runs Amazing On Old Hardware (Age of hardware 2004-2011)
                          | Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz | EVGA GTX 570 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 | G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 |
                          | ASUS SABERTOOTH P67  |  4x WD Raptors & 4x WD Black Drives @ Over 4TB | Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW LCD Monitor |

Comment

@VictorLerp I would also like to know if there will be any upcoming changes that would allow directional gravity without modifying the hardcoded Z-Direction in-engine.
                            This has been asked for over and over again throughout the years and with the change to Chaos, maybe it's something that could be exposed in the Project Settings or even to Blueprints (updating gravity direction on Tick). Cheers.

Comment

Volumetric Clouds does not seem to be working . Its included in the build but the complete sky is black.

Comment

Originally posted by IceDDZ View Post
                                Attempting to open the Chaos physics demo project in 4.26 and it asks to rebuild, and errors on attempt to rebuild. Anybody else get the demo project to work in 4.26?
                                you have to use source build. chaos is not in the launcher version.
                                Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Working...
                                X