Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent the past two days trying to get the virtual heightfield to work but I think Virtual Texturing is broken, based on all of the tutorials. It seems that without the Material Domain option of "Virtual Texture", it's impossible to write to the SVT properly. Then again, maybe something changed in the workflow. I wish I knew... I guess I'll leave that alone until I find out if it's broken or hear what the new procedure looks like.

Comment

Is there anyway to put 4.26 P4(launcher) back? I can't get 4.26 P5 source to compile.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
        Is there anyway to put 4.26 P4(launcher) back? I can't get 4.26 P5 source to compile.
        Did you try to compile the p4 ? They won't put the p4 back to launcher, they never did.
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Did you try to compile the p4 ? They won't put the p4 back to launcher, they never did.
          I used 4.26 p5 source. When I run the GenProjFiles.bat it won't run. "GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: It looks like you're missing some files that are required in order to generate projects. Please check that you've downloaded and unpacked the engine source code, binaries, content and third-party dependencies before running this script". Have you tried to compile 4.26 p5?

Comment

Ray traced burley SSS suffers from heavy artifacts, even with high samples override:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Burley_SSS_RT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.9 KB ID:	1827278
            ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I used 4.26 p5 source. When I run the GenProjFiles.bat it won't run. "GenerateProjectFiles ERROR: It looks like you're missing some files that are required in order to generate projects. Please check that you've downloaded and unpacked the engine source code, binaries, content and third-party dependencies before running this script". Have you tried to compile 4.26 p5?
              I didn't try, my machine is currently too busy to compile for now. Later I will give a try.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

I didn't try, my machine is currently too busy to compile for now. Later I will give a try.
                Did I use the right source?

Comment

It seems like you may have not run Setup.exe first :]

Try that and let me know what happens.

Comment

Links for source

for 4.26 p5: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...26.0-preview-5
                    for 4.26 p4: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...26.0-preview-4
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Do I have to modify TargetRules.cs. If so how? It is compiling now.

Comment

Do I have to modify TargetRules.cs. If so how? It is compiling now.
                        Anything after Preview 5 currently, yes. You would need to change bCompileChaos and bUseChaos back to true, undoing what was changed here.

Comment

Originally posted by UntamedLoli View Post

Anything after Preview 5 currently, yes. You would need to change bCompileChaos and bUseChaos back to true, undoing what was changed here.
                          I did the change. It is compiling. Will the Chaos fracture appear in the modes?

Comment

I did the change. It is compiling. Will the Chaos fracture appear in the modes?
                            UntamedLoi it worked. Thanks big time.

Comment

So the current compiled 4.26 p5 build does not have chaos enabled even though it shows up in the plugins fine? Currently the fracture mode does not show up and previous working assets no longer function.

Comment

Originally posted by feldy View Post
                                So the current compiled 4.26 p5 build does not have chaos enabled even though it shows up in the plugins fine? Currently the fracture mode does not show up and previous working assets no longer function.
                                They have opted to not include Chaos after feedback, for 4.26 so preview 5 reflects that and is a reversion to Physx. With Chaos coming Q1 2021 it seems, so they can focus on it being more stable.

Comment

Working...
                                X