Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.26 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by StrangerGwenn View Post

    My bug report from a month ago has yet to appear on issues.unrealengine.com, or be fixed. Some transparency would be nice if you want people to take the time to write a report.
    Agreed... I never received a ticket or a response for my last 4 bug reports. Can't understand why they even bother to email a case number to us, it's not like we can use it to check the status.


    Comment


      Originally posted by ArtavazdNG256 View Post
      In the "4.26.0 Preview 4" the 'VehicleAdvanced' template doesn't work.
      It's because it is using the Physx implementation of vehicles still. You need to change it so it is using Chaos Vehicle class instead and Chaos Wheels.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Davido01 View Post

        It's because it is using the Physx implementation of vehicles still. You need to change it so it is using Chaos Vehicle class instead and Chaos Wheels.
        Looks like they just committed a push that switches that example to physx vehicles by default now. I assume until chaos vehicles are out of experimental.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Is this glass shader going to be part of 4.26?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTAB...nel=RyanBrucks
          my behance and instagram

          Comment


            "
            • Fullbody IK Node (Experimental). For users who need to procedurally modify character poses at runtime, the Fullbody IK solver has been added. Based on Jacobian Pseduoinverse Damped Least Squares, the Fullbody IK Control Rig node has additional properties for controlling stiffness, bone limits, pole vectors, and other solver parameters."

            really intrigued on how this going to Affect or improve the system for those of use that have created Fullbody IK setups for VR
            http://www.unrealengine.com/marketpl...rtual-grenades
            https://www.artstation.com/alphawolf
            https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaWoIFuk/videos

            Comment


              Originally posted by mordentral View Post

              Looks like they just committed a push that switches that example to physx vehicles by default now. I assume until chaos vehicles are out of experimental.
              As far as I know, that example has always used Physx by default. Due to the fact that Chaos hasn't existed until now. Remember that the template is intended for general use, and isn't exclusive to 4.26.

              Comment



                Mobile rendering improvements. We are providing several new rendering features for Mobile devices. These include:
                • New reflection capture compression options for mobile
                • Distance Fields
                • New compression options for virtual textures for mobile (Beta)
                • Ground-Truth Ambient Occlusion (Experimental)
                • Dynamic spotlight shadows (Experimental)
                • Pixel projected reflections (Experimental)
                • Alpha to coverage (Experimental)
                • Other quality improvements
                Is MobileHDR a requirement for these new features? Cause "Pixel projected reflections" kinda sounds it needs some kind of gbuffer data, and that only works afaik with MobileHDR but would be awesome if not and LDR projects could make use of it.
                Same question for the "Ground-Truth Ambient Occlusion" . (?)


                [PLUGIN] Radar Chart Widget
                now with Mouse Interaction

                Comment


                  Originally posted by UntamedLoli View Post
                  It would be great to hear a bit more about what we're supposed to expect from Chaos at this point given it's becoming the default. Simulating objects like my dice were wiggling all over the place initially and rarely ever sleeping on a static surface. That's improved a fair bit now but anything stacking will never sleep still as of Preview 3. I haven't tried Preview 4 yet. Groups of several hundred dice were going to sleep reliably in a few seconds with PhysX before.
                  We have sub-stepping in our current project and after checking out 4.26, everything breaks and falls apart in ridiculous ways; I'd love to upgrade to 4.26 for the blueprint features, but won't be able to due to Chaos being default (which has no parity with PhysX). I feel Chaos might be premature to be the default physics engine for production.

                  Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                  PSA: We read the conversations here, but I can't stress enough how important the bug reports are. The best way to make sure that we address the issues you come across, is to fill out a report!
                  Originally posted by StrangerGwenn View Post
                  My bug report from a month ago has yet to appear on issues.unrealengine.com, or be fixed. Some transparency would be nice if you want people to take the time to write a report.
                  Originally posted by Arkiras View Post
                  Agreed... I never received a ticket or a response for my last 4 bug reports. Can't understand why they even bother to email a case number to us, it's not like we can use it to check the status.
                  Same here; I reported numerous ISM / collision issues for 4.25, which I hoped would be fixed in 4.26, but haven't received any feedback. Really discouraging to work on a clean example project and writing up a proper reproduction if the report is ignored anyways.
                  Last edited by KristofMorva; 10-22-2020, 11:57 AM.
                  Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                  LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                  Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Davido01 View Post

                    As far as I know, that example has always used Physx by default. Due to the fact that Chaos hasn't existed until now. Remember that the template is intended for general use, and isn't exclusive to 4.26.
                    They took chaos as engine default in 4.26, which switched that template over as well and broke it is what I meant. Just a day or so ago they fixed up some engine issues with running with physx enabled again in 4.26 to allow that project to enable physx again and get running.

                    I assume this is a stop gap until the chaos vehicles are out of experimental and that project is updated.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      How do I set up the Direct Link connection in Revit with a UE4 scene? I have a UE4 scene open, and when I go to the direct link connection in Revit, it just says "No connection found." How do I point it to the UE4 project?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ArtavazdNG256 View Post
                        In the "4.26.0 Preview 4" the 'VehicleAdvanced' template doesn't work.
                        If you are interested I have a couple of tutorials on YouTube about setting up and debugging Chaos vehicles: https://www.youtube.com/c/marcoghislanzoni
                        CTO | Head of VR Development - Visit us at http://humanxr.com
                        My UE4 Tutorials (mostly VR): https://goo.gl/GUvDyV

                        Comment


                          Hey guys, is there any official thread for sharing experience with GPU-Lightmass Plugin 4.26 (beta)?

                          I already tried out some stuff and wanted to let you know: (right now using preview 4)
                          Had some issues with skylight and realized that it's only calculated when I change some skylight settings while baking (in preview mode; f.ex. lighting intensity +0.1). This even works when I don't activate virtual textures at all.
                          Which brings me to my second experience: Previewing is nice to have but I can only make sure that I got good FPS and no artifacts when I disable virtual textures (I got a big scene). Maybe you know if there's another solution with better virtual texture settings?
                          Still I have lots of crashes and errors I don't know a lot about, but I thought it might be useful to kind of share these things with you!

                          Im using RTX 2080 TI.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                            They took chaos as engine default in 4.26, which switched that template over as well and broke it is what I meant. Just a day or so ago they fixed up some engine issues with running with physx enabled again in 4.26 to allow that project to enable physx again and get running.
                            Does this fix available in Preview 4 or currently only in source builds?
                            Modular Japanese Temple - Modular Vehicle Vol. 2 - Modular Sci Fi Office - Projectiles Pack - Research Center - All Content

                            Website | Youtube | Artstation

                            Comment


                              Alembic Streaming was mentioned in the highlights video (https://youtu.be/OchRhhRaE5s?t=1333). I've enabled it in the plugins menu, but how do I actually use it? I get the usual import dialogue when I try to import alembic files...

                              Comment


                                Is anyone else having issue on linux with water plugin? The included water material is not visible. Also volumetric clouds are not working.

                                On linux volumetrics plugin's sample map has lot of artifacts (had it since the plugin was introduced)
                                Last edited by sam.new; 10-23-2020, 09:27 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X