X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting GPU Light mass bug when I select 'Build Lighting. Popup says
    Building lighting for current view: -1,073,741,824 %

https://imgur.com/a/kCUvhuU

Also, with GPU Lightmass is the Build > Build Lighting Only option redundant?

Comment

Originally posted by eco_bach2 View Post
      Also, with GPU Lightmass is the Build > Build Lighting Only option redundant?
      No.

"Build Lighting Only" will use CPU lightmass, which is still necessary if you're using practically any custom indirect lighting settings because none of them seem to work in GPU lightmass.

Comment

Thanks for feedback.

Comment

4.26 preview 4 seems to introduce a new bug, which unless I was hallucinating, wasn't there in preview 3.

The issue is with indirect distance field shadows from stationary skylights, with realtime capture on they lose all of the directionality that is baked into the volumetric lightmap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4_IndirectDFShadow_RTSkylightRecapture_426p4Bug.jpg
Views:	1717
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1824173

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB View Post
            Replying to a few comments. Yes Water in 4.26 preview 3 is a bit rough, we are working on it!

>>Seems like the Fluidsim bp is broken for me. The node for "Get first actor in class" seems to not exist. Do i have something not enabled?

This bug is due to accidentally using a node from the "Volumetrics" plugin. It will be fixed (replaced with similar "Get Actor of Class"). You can either enable Volumetrics plugin or replace that node for now.

>>Generate Spectrum function is missing from GerstnerWaveController_BP, along with the blueprint trying to use nonexistent connections.

We no longer need the GerstnerWaveController_BP. Its is not used for anything and is in the middle of being removed. We now generate wave using the Gerstner Wave Generator class which can be applied directly on waterbodies.

>>But in 4.26 Water And Volumetrics Preview tutorial we can see there is yellow circle tool too. I don't have such tool in UE 4.26 Preview 3

That is because for the stream, I switched the Ocean material to be Masked. That caused the selection outline to get a more accurate shape. That said, masked is an expensive solution and we have a better solution that only clips the selection outline shader itself.

I am Chinese. Use Google Translate hope you can understand
            I encountered a Fluidsim bp error, and saw your answer to enable the "Volumetrics" plugin. The previous problem is gone, but a new problem is encountered. The reference files of EdgeMaskMID and ComputeDistanceMID are missing. What caused it? Click image for larger version

Name:	Snipaste_2020-10-21_11-11-09.jpg
Views:	1521
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	1824203

Comment

in water plugin , causticsmap not work!
              Attached Files
              Tcimage3d Studio
              Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
              Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
              Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

In the "4.26.0 Preview 4" the 'VehicleAdvanced' template doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                  PSA: We read the conversations here, but I can't stress enough how important the bug reports are. The best way to make sure that we address the issues you come across, is to fill out a report!
                  It would be great to hear a bit more about what we're supposed to expect from Chaos at this point given it's becoming the default. Simulating objects like my dice were wiggling all over the place initially and rarely ever sleeping on a static surface. That's improved a fair bit now but anything stacking will never sleep still as of Preview 3. I haven't tried Preview 4 yet. Groups of several hundred dice were going to sleep reliably in a few seconds with PhysX before.

Comment

Preview 4 still runs empty level at ~40-50 fps for me (instead of usual ~150fps) . Can anyone confirm having the same problem?
                    Really hope it will be fixed on release

Comment

Originally posted by UntamedLoli View Post

It would be great to hear a bit more about what we're supposed to expect from Chaos at this point given it's becoming the default. Simulating objects like my dice were wiggling all over the place initially and rarely ever sleeping on a static surface. That's improved a fair bit now but anything stacking will never sleep still as of Preview 3. I haven't tried Preview 4 yet. Groups of several hundred dice were going to sleep reliably in a few seconds with PhysX before.
                      The question is if we will have to skip 4.26 and maybe even next 4.27 and wait a whole year for 5.0 to use anything Chaos API or what?
                      As it seems I will be forced to stick with 4.25.x for my current projects although there are so many bugs scheduled to be fixed only with 4.27 release... But if Chaos replaced PhysX completely and it's not really production ready and absolutely stable with no glitches and bugs then at least 4.26 wouldn't be usable. If it will get fixed and become stable after the .0 release it would still mean having to wait months. And if it will remain unreliable then waiting for 4.27 would mean another 4-5 months delay. So forcing to use 4.25.x regardless to use the old PhysX for everything.
                      Last edited by DarkS474; 10-21-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Preview 4 is out. could we get an update of what's resolved? some patch notes? :P

Comment

Originally posted by MostHost LA View Post
                          Preview 4 is out. could we get an update of what's resolved? some patch notes? :P
                          https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...76#post1823976

Comment

should really be in the first post.... thanks though

Comment

• VictorLerp commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We always post them in the first post as an edit within ~5min of the individual update post on the thread

Love the Update so far and all the new Features to try out!
                            Still can you Update the Oculus VR Integration for the 4.26 Release? It´s still using the 1.51 (19.0) Version of the Oculus Integration, while 1.52.1 (20.1) is already released coming with support for Oculus Quest 2 Development. Would be awesome to have that in the Binary Releases of 4.26. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                              PSA: We read the conversations here, but I can't stress enough how important the bug reports are. The best way to make sure that we address the issues you come across, is to fill out a report!
                              My bug report from a month ago has yet to appear on issues.unrealengine.com, or be fixed. Some transparency would be nice if you want people to take the time to write a report.
                              Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Working...
                              X