Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the groom plugins are now considered production ready, can you active them by default? Thanks!
    ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I've run into some errors, the Generate Spectrum function is missing from GerstnerWaveController_BP, along with the blueprint trying to use nonexistent connections.
      Is there any way to fix this, or will the function be added in the next Preview version?

Comment

When adjusting post processing settings, either in editor or in game, the new volumetric clouds 'flicker' in brightness for a second, is there a way to prevent this?

very specifically, this seems to only happen with exposure settings
        Last edited by smt; 10-15-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Tried to use new Water system. WaterBodyOcean. It behaves a little bit strange with terrain.

But in 4.26 Water And Volumetrics Preview tutorial we can see there is yellow circle tool too. I don't have such tool in UE 4.26 Preview 3

Attached Files

Comment

Water Plugin content seems to be completely botched in 4.26p3

Comment

I fairly tried to reproduce this tutorial (4.26 Water And Volumetrics Preview | Inside Unreal by Ryan) step-by-step but on the 6 minute of this video I found that it behaves not exactly the same as in it. I know that's only Preview and Experimental but it's a little bit sad.

And I don't know why I have water inside my landscape. I thought it should be done with lake tool.

Comment

Too bad the new real time capture skylight feature doesn't support ray tracing (GI,RT skylight shadows).
                ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

UE4.26 P3 - Content Editor causes a crash when trying to edit object.( Material editor works well. )

Stack:
                  LoginId:-----
                  EpicAccountId:-----

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates/SharedPointer.h] [Line: 824]

UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_Core
                  UE4Editor_StaticMeshEditor
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_AssetTools
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowserAssetDataSource
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_ContentBrowser
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_Slate
                  UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
                  user32
                  user32
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  kernel32
                  ntdll
                  https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by UElaci View Post
                    can't launch project that has raytracing enabled while oculus rift s is plugged in.... (preview2 haven't tried preview1) tried studio and game ready drivers (rtx2070).
                    Anyone with the same issue, is there a workaround maybe?
                    I had the same problem with p1 and p2. My 'solution' was to disconnect the usb cable of the Rift when I want to play with UE in 4.26

Comment

GPU Lightmass crashes Unreal P3 every time I try it with a complex map. I'll file a detailed report with the call stack.

Comment

How is the water supposed to function with World Composition? Should the BrushManager/Brush be in the persistent level?...Or what level? How do you get the oceanwater (and/or) landmass brushes to function properly with World Composition?

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post

just found out the way to get gpu lightmass point light to work properly with proper intensity. Source radius cannnot be 0... if you set it to anything larger then 0 then it works correctly.
                          This bug is back and its worse in preview 3.. now not even changing the source radius fixes it. static baked point lights are way darker in gpu lightmap baker reguardless of point light radius. Way darker then stationary gpu/ moveable.... and way darker then cpu version static.

Comment

Is anyone else having issues with OSC not working in 4.26? Using the "standard" sample binding an event to an OSC message

https://docs.unrealengine.com/Images...nyMessage.webp

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                              I had the same problem with p1 and p2. My 'solution' was to disconnect the usb cable of the Rift when I want to play with UE in 4.26
                              Hm, preview 3 seems to work for me. Occasionally crashed unreal on exiting from VR prewiew and there was one gpu/driver crash that froze the system, but it's a progress
                              my behance and instagram

Comment

One issue I have submitted for 4.25 was reproduced by the one checking the report and now it seems fixed at 4.26 p3, so it was a collateral effect? Now the issue is marked as "cannot reproduce"... https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-97218

The point is that this issue already appeared before and was supposed to be fixed, appeared again and now it is fixed accidentally... so I guess it will be a matter of time to see it back in the near future.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X