X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItsSharp. View Post
    Waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    It's there! If you're looking for inspiration, check out the livestream we did with Ryan Brucks:

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

It's there! If you're looking for inspiration, check out the livestream we did with Ryan Brucks:

Yay. And there was much rejoicing.

Comment

Seems like the Fluidsim bp is broken for me. The node for "Get first actor in class" seems to not exist. Do i have something not enabled?

Comment

anyone managed to make this water thing to work?
          Email: tessaro.unrealdeveloper@hotmail.com
          BP/C++ Programmer.
          WIP Portfolio: https://filipetessaro.wixsite.com/portfolio
          UE Marketplace: https://unrealengine.com/marketplace...ions-rts-style

Comment

Originally posted by FilipeTessaro View Post
            I got about half of it to work. Might make sure the "edit layers" is enabled when creating the landscape, I was stuck on that for a moment tbh

Comment

Originally posted by FilipeTessaro View Post
              Kind of... I loaded the sample map, the river and lake didn't show up (only the ocean) and when I grabbed one of the spline points the editor immediately crashed.

I figured out that if I moved the lake actor up a little bit then the river/lake would appear, but the foam material seems to be messed up

Gerstner wave actor also seems really weird, the blueprint graph isn't plugged in and all the variables are red

Comment

The Water System needs to be independent of the terrains, So those of us using Voxel Terrains can still use it.

Comment

Some CPU/GPU Lightmass comparisons in 4.26p3, using a stationary skylight, and spotlights with reduced indirect lighting intensity:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4_GPULM_StationarySkylight.jpg
Views:	1869
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1822321

Name:	UE4_GPULM_IndirectLightingIntensity.jpg
Views:	1819
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1822322
                  I make heavy use of both of these so I'm really hoping these get addressed at some point. Being able to use GPU Lightmass would be a godsend for me.

Comment

Also I just noticed; Stationary Skylights now support realtime recapture!! So happy to see this!

Comment

Anyone knows how to make the water system compatible with skylight time of day?

I watched the stream 3 weeks ago I don't remember if they mention any compatibility

EDIT : works fine, just needed to update skylight
                      Last edited by Medo Melo; 10-15-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I don't see any reason why time of day wouldn't work, you just have to make sure you recapture your skylight to keep reflections correct

Comment

What about Water system. Did anybody try it? Do you know some simple tutorials?

Comment

Originally posted by sergealmazov View Post
                            What about Water system. Did anybody try it? Do you know some simple tutorials?
                            Documentation at least?

Comment

documentation will come with the final 4.26 release as usual

for now there's the livestream video and the content included in the plugin (there's a WaterTestMap)
                              Follow me on Twitter!
                              Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                              Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

can't launch project that has raytracing enabled while oculus rift s is plugged in.... (preview2 haven't tried preview1) tried studio and game ready drivers (rtx2070).
                                Anyone with the same issue, is there a workaround maybe?

Name:	scr.jpg
Views:	1532
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1822464
                                my behance and instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X