Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARCore SDK Upgraded to 1.18. ARCore 1.18 supports Google’s Depth API so that actors can now appear behind real world objects.
    Waiting....

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
      Even after 2.5 years, poor rect light still doesn't have it's own icon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rect_Light_Icon.jpg
Views:	4655
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1821047
      Yeah, they should definitely employ some icon artist There are dozens of things without icons while icons would make things much easier from the UX side and are super simple to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post

You have to put 0 or more in the LODIndex field on the bottom of that tab, then choose "cards" in the LOD tab, that does the trick

Do your cards look like ****? I am not getting a good result at all. I wonder what your guides need to look like in order to get the best result from the auto generated cards.

Name:	cards.png
Views:	4479
Size:	518.6 KB
ID:	1821421

Name:	strands.png
Views:	4539
Size:	611.8 KB
ID:	1821422

Comment

Originally posted by Ruveron View Post
          Hi,
          The e57 Lidar support seems not in the Preview 2 too. (Extension not recognize)

Philippe
          Any updates on this??

Comment

Hi All, I downloaded the source for 4.26 preview 2 but cannot enable the Water features in plugins. Is it shallow water? If so it doesn't have any content and I am completely confused why this hasn't been given a solid answer, just a step by step would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRuner View Post
              Hi All, I downloaded the source for 4.26 preview 2 but cannot enable the Water features in plugins. Is it shallow water? If so it doesn't have any content and I am completely confused why this hasn't been given a solid answer, just a step by step would be huge.
              Did you get 4.26 from the launcher or Github? As far as I'm aware, the water plugin is currently only a part of the latter. At least, that's how it worked out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRuner View Post
                Water plugin will be available in the next Preview.

Comment

Originally posted by freaknbigpanda View Post

Do your cards look like ****? I am not getting a good result at all. I wonder what your guides need to look like in order to get the best result from the auto generated cards.

It's your job to make hair look beauty. Hair card is just a flat plane.I means you just apply material for it.
                  https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...#hairauthoring
                  Last edited by Aceskey; 10-13-2020, 09:51 PM. Reason: Make it more clear

Comment

Originally posted by Aceskey View Post

It's your job to make hair look beauty. Hair card is just a flat plane.
                    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...#hairauthoring
                    Are you suggesting that I create the hair cards myself inside of maya/3dsmax/blender? I could do that but I was hoping that the auto card generation would work well without me having to manually do it.

Comment

Chaos replaces PhysX by default
                      Out of the box, performances and stability are pretty bad compared to 4.25.3.

My test scene is a grid of 5x5 columns of 15 simulated physics flat cylinders (flat meaning Z scale = 0.1).

In 4.26.0 preview 2 I get 0.7 FPS while in 4.25.3 I get more than 120 FPS

But more importantly with Physx the columns were stable while in the last version the cylinders do not stack stably and the simulation collapses.

Is it due to the preview or maybe Chaos needs to be set up in a particular way?

Comment

I have found two bugs in 4.26:
                        1. If you make a Photo with "High Resolution Screenshots": there is no Landscape to see in the photo but there is a Landscape!
                        2. If put a physically based flag into the Level an Play this Level: the Flag did not move in the wind. In 4.25 is no problem with this Flag!
                        Kind regards,
                        halobungie

Comment

Originally posted by freaknbigpanda View Post

Are you suggesting that I create the hair cards myself inside of maya/3dsmax/blender? I could do that but I was hoping that the auto card generation would work well without me having to manually do it.
                          I'm guessing you need an alpha transparency texture, otherwise it will look like your attached screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by kaffeekranz View Post

I'm guessing you need an alpha transparency texture, otherwise it will look like your attached screenshot.
                            Well it does automatically generate a 'coverage texture' along with 3 other textures (see screenshot below), I guess these need to be used inside of a custom material? The option to select a material is greyed out though as you can see in the screenshot. How can I apply a custom material to the cards?

EDIT: Upon close inspection it seems it is applying some default card material to the generated cards, because some of the card geometry is getting masked out, it just looks like garbage. I think the default material that is applied to the card is using the generated textures shown in my screenshot.

Also I am noticing tons of crashes and hangs when trying to generate cards for grooms that have around 100k strands, it just doesn't work at all most of the time. The small grooms with only a few hundred or thousand strands seem to generate cards somewhat reliably however.
                            Last edited by freaknbigpanda; 10-14-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 3 for 4.26! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.26 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the original post in this thread.

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

Fixed in Preview 3

Fixed! UE-99260 Crash editing Transition Logic after deleting State and Transition in State Machine
                              Fixed! UE-97460 ControlRig : cooked/package issue with FullBodyIK node
                              Fixed! UE-100320 Debug Drawing no longer working in Control Rig
                              Fixed! UE-99416 Control Rig Picket Widget needs to be removed
                              Fixed! UE-97865 Passing in wrong cpp type for creating a RigVMSelectNode still creates a RigVMSelectNode
                              Fixed! UE-100236 Reparenting higher RigBone to lower RigBone causes crash
                              Fixed! UE-97748 Crash when Item Chain, Item At index, and Items are linked together into a For Each Item
                              Fixed! UE-100349 Unparent hotkey and right click command does not work on created RigBones under Imported Skeleton
                              Fixed! UE-99448 Can't connect input pin with node when connecting to a execute node prior
                              Fixed! UE-100348 Creating and Deleting RigBones that are parented in Bone Hierarchy causes bone drawing issues
                              Fixed! UE-100351 Deleting created RigBone causes weird selection highlighting
                              Fixed! UE-97979 RigControlValue objects cannot be created with a custom value
                              Fixed! UE-100340 Control Bone Transform no longer an option for RigSpace or RigBone Manipulation
                              Fixed! UE-99354 Blend(Transform) not working with any Targets
                              Fixed! UE-100909 Quaternion Axis node only works with X axis
                              Fixed! UE-99261 IKRig Plugin preventing packaging and cooking for Pretzel project
                              Fixed! UE-100595 Sequencer: Control Rig: Need to select control twice to select it in Sequencer
                              Fixed! UE-100702 animation is different when the level sequence is played from a shot track
                              Fixed! UE-100245 Controls from Bake to Control Rig move to the origin when scrubbing outside of the Sequence's playback range
                              Fixed! UE-100583 Remove check for LevelSequence in selection synchronization
                              Fixed! UE-100911 Sequencer: Skeletal Animation Section Skeleton no longer shows up after loading.
                              Fixed! UE-100819 using the function set_tick_resolution in python change the length of the animation
                              Fixed! UE-100963 MoviePipeline: FCPXML files get written even without the setting added
                              Fixed! UE-100976 Sequence is not evaluating Control Rig after Bake To Control Rig
                              Fixed! UE-100564 Preroll doesnt seem to work correctly
                              Fixed! UE-100468 Pushing Add new key button for Brush.Brush Material Color reset all Color values for selected frame to zero(0.0)
                              Fixed! UE-100117 console variable not process properly in movie render queue
                              Fixed! UE-100150 Not all exr metadata is written
                              Fixed! UE-99872 bFatalError in MoviePipelineFinished callback is false when it fails to write out images
                              Fixed! UE-101068 Property stats are tracked incorrectly
                              Fixed! UE-100498 Crash when referencing Null Control Bus in Set Control Bus Mix API
                              Fixed! UE-100513 Modulation Mix Stages Missing Array Manipulators
                              Fixed! UE-100496 source effect chains don't work with looping node sound cues
                              Fixed! UE-100588 Modulation Envelope Follower Not Responding to Input AudioBus Waveform
                              Fixed! UE-85534 Turning off an audio volume will keep reverb on, it should fall back to world settings.
                              Fixed! UE-100492 au.debug.soundmodulators cmd Doesn't Support Generators Properly
                              Fixed! UE-100880 Displayed Unit value in ControlBusMix stage is wrong when referencing Bus Param Updated
                              Fixed! UE-99979 Concurrency does not stop lowest priority or quietest audio in a concurrency group
                              Fixed! UE-99850 Crashing when Google Resonance is used with Soundfield Submix
                              Fixed! UE-100010 Resolution Rule - Stop Quietest does not stop the quietest sound in AudioQA map
                              Fixed! UE-92181 AudioQA fails to package | Numerous errors from assets in Developer folders
                              Fixed! UE-60647 SoundClass SoundNode Assignments Overridden by SoundCue SoundClass
                              Fixed! UE-100218 Linux - QAGame failing to package | Failed to compile module
                              Fixed! UE-100411 GitHub 7377 : Fix of an error when calling Add() in TDiscardableKeyValueCache would cause an inifinite recursion
                              Fixed! UE-92982 UDelegateProperty define missing in DefineUPropertyMacros.h
                              Fixed! UE-71682 GitHub 5631 : Introduced additional UE_LOG statements in SavePackage.cpp to explici?
                              Fixed! UE-100761 Cooking content on Linux results in Assertion failed: Name.Len() > 0
                              Fixed! UE-97018 Trace.start when using Unreal Insights in Editor fails to start with: LogCore: Warning: Unable to trace to file
                              Fixed! UE-95807 Actor Pallette not flagged as Experimental/Beta
                              Fixed! UE-100428 Blueprint nativization fails using a map type argument as Expose on Spawn
                              Fixed! UE-99591 Packaging failed when create packaged project for Inclusive Nativization
                              Fixed! UE-100960 Match 3 Gems & Bombs do not appear in PIE & Package
                              Fixed! UE-99606 Crash renaming nested struct member while the pin is split on a node
                              Fixed! UE-100951 Blueprint debugger: Step over does not switch focus if parent graph is opened in different window
                              Fixed! UE-100949 Blueprint debugger: external Blueprint function calls can be stepped into only once
                              Fixed! UE-100787 Promoting an Array Pin to a Variable (ref to self) in the BP editor results in a compatibility error
                              Fixed! UE-100762 Variable default value is not preserved when moved to parent class
                              Fixed! UE-100372 Blueprint node tooltips show parameters instead of the function description
                              Fixed! UE-100829 The orphan Sub Inst Not Default pin is not removed from the node when set not default values
                              Fixed! UE-100602 Cannot use Assign node with a Wildcard Container parameters
                              Fixed! UE-100748 "Default Value" contains zeros after compiling the blueprint with non-zeros values
                              Fixed! UE-96261 Reimporting sprite sheets does not work correctly if the editor has ever been closed and reopened since initial import
                              Fixed! UE-88628 Sprite fails to edit based on UV Source Texture Region, when attempting to bulk edit via Bulk Edit Property Matrix.
                              Fixed! UE-100815 Python - Crash using Actor attach_to_actor method
                              Fixed! UE-97017 Crash on Mac on exit.
                              Fixed! UE-99418 EngineTest listen server tests are failling
                              Fixed! UE-100799 Network profiler doesnt load the captures properly
                              Fixed! UE-97125 Nullptr dereference in iOS IOnlineSession::DestroySession
                              Fixed! UE-100458 Editor crashes in Chaos when using Retopologize tool
                              Fixed! UE-96255 Physics simulation is not resumed when an actor's collision is disabled causing it to fall through objects
                              Fixed! UE-100914 Contact graph generation very slow in Chaos
                              Fixed! UE-88367 GitHub 6670 : Fix complex collision display not updating accordingly in StaticMeshEditor
                              Fixed! UE-100432 Skeletal mesh deforms after un-doing removal of clothing data
                              Fixed! UE-98103 UE5 TM-AnimPhys - Cloth is not working
                              Fixed! UE-99639 Ensure when setting restitution of physical material
                              Fixed! UE-100434 Editor crashes if user Plays in Editor level with Geometry Collection and landscape
                              Fixed! UE-97318 "CPU not permitted for usage is specified by the affinity mask" error on PSVR
                              Fixed! UE-100910 RHICopyTexture in GnmRHI is broken for PF_FloatRGB
                              Fixed! UE-92125 Expanding a Context Menu the second time would close the menu on Linux
                              Fixed! UE-100731 Linux: Packaging QAEnterprise fails with Lumin.Automation.dll: An item with the same key has already been added
                              Fixed! UE-100878 Linux: Changing Level Visibility Track to hidden does not function in a Animation Level Sequence.
                              Fixed! UE-99971 Error pops up when launching editor in 4.26 on Mac with error "Could not access directory required for debugging optimized Metal shaders"
                              Fixed! UE-100517 Mac - Xcode fails to build C++ project with a Shell Script Invocation Error
                              Fixed! UE-97293 GitHub 7277 : Use built-in sed
                              Fixed! UE-90571 GitHub 6780 : Track OpenGL resources in ELLTracker::Platform
                              Fixed! UE-100921 Indirect lighting cache does not work correctly on mobile with a multiple lighting scenarios
                              Fixed! UE-96710 App crashes when executing 'Export to Disk' node on Android
                              Fixed! UE-100640 Unreliable Player Index control on MFI controllers
                              Fixed! UE-96462 Windows showing error when Generating SSH Key: "Error: bUseLocalMetalToolchain"
                              Fixed! UE-100088 IOS 12 should be the default min supported version
                              Fixed! UE-100435 GitHub 7385 : ue-4.26 fixes
                              Fixed! UE-99998 Groom assets don't render Custom Stencil
                              Fixed! UE-100805 Boundary Bleed Color does not affect the boundaries of intersecting subsurface materials
                              Fixed! UE-100806 Boundaries of intersecting Meshes with the same subsurface materials do not blend automatically
                              Fixed! UE-88969 Adding an LOD to cascade with PIE running is insta crash
                              Fixed! UE-86798 When using the mesh particle space to world space transform on static meshes the local to world transform matrix should be used
                              Fixed! UE-99799 Remove shipping only #ifdef in FInstancedStaticMeshSceneProxy::GetDynamicMeshElements
                              Fixed! UE-85229 FFT Bloom does not properly take exposure into account
                              Fixed! UE-98238 Hide the appended numbers after dynamic inputs to reduce stack visual noise
                              Fixed! UE-95610 Editor crashes when dragging Cooked Niagara Emitter to the Level Viewport
                              Fixed! UE-100596 [CrashReporter] UE4Editor-Niagara!FNiagaraDataInterfaceProxyTexture::PreStage(FRHICommandList &,FNiagaraDataInterfaceStageArgs const &) [NiagaraDataInterfaceTexture.cpp:38]
                              Fixed! UE-96886 Crash duplicating an Emitter with Interpolated Spawning disabled and Requires Persistent IDs enabled
                              Fixed! UE-89020 Re-Enable Niagara DataInterfaceInstancedPassThrough autotest for Mac
                              Fixed! UE-100329 Ensure when entering a name for a Scratchpad Dynamic Input script used in the stack
                              Fixed! UE-97246 Assertion Failure while building package when setting Cook everything in the project content directory (ignore list of maps below) = true
                              Fixed! UE-56143 Niagara: support custom depth for masked and opaque particles
                              Fixed! UE-100098 Ray traced shadow sample settings greater than 1 cause shadow artifacts
                              Fixed! UE-100870 Spotlight raytrace GI broken when outer angle is tweaked
                              Fixed! UE-94638 FRegisterComponentContext does not correctly allow render state to initialize.
                              Fixed! UE-73358 Using Forward Shading and MSAA Renders Out Entirely Black
                              Fixed! UE-96207 [Materials] Change of behaviour of "Pow" node
                              Fixed! UE-100591 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-D3D12RHI!FD3D12ResourceLocation::ReleaseResource() [D3D12Resources.cpp:644]
                              Fixed! UE-100766 Can't PIE if a transaction didn't get closed
                              Fixed! UE-85878 Engine is not compatible with C++17 (USD)
                              Fixed! UE-100358 When reimporting ExtraField_JSON_Reimport..json a "Cannot find Property for column 'Extra_Properties' in struct 'Struct_DataTable_Basic'." message does not appear
                              Fixed! UE-100381 DataTable contains incorrect values when importing a CSV file with an Import Key Field value
                              Fixed! UE-100359 Cannot find Property message appears when importing a CSV file with Ignore Extra Fields set to True
                              Fixed! UE-100362 Row is missing entry for column message appears when importing a JSON file with Ignore Missing Fields set to True
                              Fixed! UE-100635 Crash - console command stat none
                              Fixed! UE-100791 Crash on checking source control history on QA_WidgetDiffTest2
                              Fixed! UE-92223 Paper2D tile maps cannot be edited via the modes toolbar in viewport, after they are placed in a level and promoted to an instance
                              Fixed! UE-100382 Incorrect name rows are used when importing a JSON file with an Import Key Field value
                              Fixed! UE-100364 Incorrect message appears message appears when importing a JSON file with an invalid Import Key Field value
                              Fixed! UE-100361 Expected column not found in input message appears when importing a CSV file with Ignore Missing Fields set to True
                              Fixed! UE-97407 Camera speed needs to remember what you set it to
                              Fixed! UE-100011 Warning message "MapCheck: Repairing painted vertex colors" appears after open TM-MergeActor
                              Fixed! UE-100507 Mac - Unable to Package MediaFramewrok in Binary 4.26
                              Fixed! UE-100524 Crash on commandlet shutdown: GEngine is null in ~FGerstnerWaterWaveViewExtension
                              Fixed! UE-99984 Unable to slide the Number of Players slider
                              Fixed! UE-100490 Clicking the "X" in a search field closes the window
                              Fixed! UE-100038 Linked Revit projects are ignored and not synced with DirectLink
                              Fixed! UE-90434 Structural Steel Connection Pivots are default
                              Fixed! UE-100373 DataPrep - Extension filter is ignored on import
                              Fixed! UE-99271 Texture importer - We can't import a texture bigger than 8k.
                              Fixed! UE-100027 Adding two identical Direct Link sources makes the engine crash
                              Fixed! UE-100704 Reimport datasmith scene from Cinema4D file doesn't update IES Texture
                              Fixed! UE-99607 Reset Override function not working on material changes
                              Fixed! UE-100162 Exported .TXT LiDAR asset opens without 'texture'
                              Fixed! UE-64274 Defeaturing - Values from option fields are not map to corresponding options leading to incorrect behavior
                              Fixed! UE-100483 StaticMeshActor's material doesn't update material to None after reimport to updated material
                              Fixed! UE-100437 Missing CustomDepthStencilWriteMask in Foliage setup
                              Fixed! UE-85037 Compiling the Editor with CPP Standard of C++17 Fails Due to Errors from USDImporter
                              Fixed! UE-100728 Crash When You Add Get Landscape Material Node
                              Fixed! UE-81772 QOL: Using "make selected actors level current" should scroll level browser to that level
                              Fixed! UE-100537 Crash while adding section using Landscape Tool
                              Fixed! UE-100833 Crash opening QA-Promotion while in PIE
                              Fixed! UE-100771 Crash when cancelling Gather Text in Localization Dashboard
                              Fixed! UE-99849 Material selection is not shared between modeling tools
                              Fixed! UE-100740 Modeling Tool Interactions based on raycasts into scene hit hidden objects
                              Fixed! UE-100885 Mesh Selection Tool does not select full brush area on scaled meshes
                              Fixed! UE-97346 Unable to select Paper2D Actors with Translucent Material in Viewport
                              Fixed! UE-100888 Cannot place primitive with Add Primitive Tool if no object is hit
                              Fixed! UE-100919 Repeatedly duplicating mesh with Duplicate Tool in Modeling Mode produces increasingly long names
                              Fixed! UE-99788 PolyCut tool doesn't correctly handle cutting out a topological hole
                              Fixed! UE-100736 Modeling Mode asset settings are not restored on editor restart if changed using quick-access bar
                              Fixed! UE-100738 PolyEdit Action Buttons are visible during interactive operations but have no effect
                              Fixed! UE-100607 Join/Browse button does not change to Leave button once in a session with compressed toolbar
                              Fixed! UE-87589 Upgrade to Python 3.7.7
                              Fixed! UE-101012 Errors when compiling code project - Python3.Build.cs(8,24) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Python' could not be found
                              Fixed! UE-99615 Slate Debugging Tools should use the unique WidgetID
                              Fixed! UE-100365 Widgets stick out from letterboxed player screen on 4.25
                              Fixed! UE-94506 Duplicating a Widget Blueprint containing an Event Dispatcher does not update argument references
                              Fixed! UE-78845 Undoing Spline actor end point selects base actor instead of last appended anchor point
                              Fixed! UE-99555 Patch default value, Pixel Mapping trouble
                              Fixed! UE-100525 Can't expose arrays / arry element to remote control preset
                              Fixed! UE-100453 GitHub 7392 : Fixed compilation errors using MSBuild from the master
                              Fixed! UE-97384 Remote Control API - Can't use request body with batch request
                              Fixed! UE-97160 Stage monitor doesn't notify of missing timecode provider
                              Fixed! UE-97491 Provider status doesn't show idle time or a notion of free time
                              Fixed! UE-97490 StageMon hitch detector spams log
                              Fixed! UE-97474 Stage Monitor - Event List can not be repopulated if cleared in Review Mode
                              Fixed! UE-78777 Crash when opening a packaged Simple Composure project
                              Fixed! UE-96358 Crash when using DMX pixel mapper
                              Fixed! UE-100501 Crash - Playing Pixel Mapping and then Play in Viewport
                              Fixed! UE-95869 Adding fixtures to fixture group doesn't assign attributes correctly.
                              Fixed! UE-97728 Matrix pixel and fixture pixel position should be relative to their containsrs instead of relative to the texture
                              Fixed! UE-100111 SwitchBoard - No Detection that UE was launched from previous Switchboad instance (Controls shows Start Unreal)
                              Fixed! UE-99881 DMX Library isnt marked unsaved after "Undo" operation
                              Fixed! UE-100393 DMX - Warnings when packaging
                              Fixed! UE-100623 MF - Strobe Fixture Feedback
                              Fixed! UE-100634 DMX - Resetting values on begin play is causing problems, interpolation?
                              Fixed! UE-100622 MF - Fixture Beem Clipping
                              Fixed! UE-100733 DMX fixture volumetric beam does not match projected gobo
                              Fixed! UE-100723 Loopback logic is missing for monitor & pixel mapping
                              Fixed! UE-100742 no warning when fixture matrix has no cell attributes set
                              Fixed! UE-100727 DMX - Get All Fixtures in Library is not sorted the same as patch.
                              Fixed! UE-100711 MF - Suggestion for Fixture Patching
                              Fixed! UE-100531 Remote Control API - Web UI Fixes
                              Fixed! UE-100535 Remote Control API - Web UI Style
                              Fixed! UE-98188 Web App VP - Sliders
                              Fixed! UE-99893 Web App VP - Web Socket Transforms
                              Fixed! UE-98206 Web App VP - Rotation Order
                              Fixed! UE-100418 Undo doesn't work in Interact tool
                              Fixed! UE-100151 In Virtual Camera, when you use ComposureOutputProvider routed to a RemoteSesstionOutputProvider, the iPad taps register in the space of the entire editor window and not the viewport
                              Fixed! UE-99879 VR Mode radial menu sub options appearing on incorrect menus
                              Fixed! UE-97792 Editor crashes when pressing F9 while PIE in VR Preview on Hololens 1
                              Fixed! UE-93801 GitHub 6997 : Fix reversed left/right eyes in emulatestereo and support WorldToMeters
                              Fixed! UE-93787 GitHub 6984 : Allow hmd tracked query to ignore extra PIE worlds
                              Fixed! UE-100343 Hololens 1 needs deprecation for 4.26 forward
                              Fixed! UE-91798 Motion controller button presses fail to register on Launch On
                              Fixed! UE-100760 Warnings while packaging for Oculus device with Oculus Avatar plugin enabled: Content has been saved with empty engine version
                              Fixed! UE-96118 ASA Anchors are not loaded properly from the ASA Store
                              Fixed! UE-98212 D3D12RHI crashes when attempting to alias a Texture2DArray

Comment

Waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                                X