This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scha View Post

Are those cards generated from alembic? How does it work?
    I think it got generated when I change source type to 'procedural'. To make it visible, I change geometry type to 'cards' in LOD tab and set LOD index to 0.
    Last edited by Aceskey; 10-08-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceskey View Post

Yes, I think it got generated when I change source type to 'procedural'. To make it visible, I change geometry type to 'cards' in LOD tab and set LOD index to 0.
      I don't understand, what do you put in "Procedural Mesh" field? On the screenshot it's called "Cards_Mesh_Group" I think?
      Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
      Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
      TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Hi,
        The e57 Lidar support seems not in the Preview 2 too. (Extension not recognize)

Philippe
        Last edited by Ruveron; 10-08-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The editor crashes on start if:
          - you have the Oculus Rift cv1 attached
          - enabled ray tracing
          - rhi set to 12
          - gpu lightmass plugin enabled

Same in P1 and P2. Detaching a usb cable from the headset and all works fine.
          Last edited by maxbrown; 10-08-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

How can I use Inter-Process GPU Texture Sharing (Beta) ?

Comment

GPU Lightmass test :

Emissive surfaces work perfectly fine on movable objects but lights do not.
              Changing emissive inside Material Instances do no refresh GPU Bake and it could be nice to have an option to disable emissive GPU baking per object as well (it wasn't working on CPU, having the option to disable it or not could be a good idea).

Last edited by EXpMiNi; 10-08-2020, 03:07 PM.
              CG Artist for StarGate Network
              Discord : https://discord.gg/CYBkFWD

Comment

Keep getting a near constant crash due to chaos
                Code:
                Assertion failed: Im > 1.175494351e-38F [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos\Utilities.h] [Line: 297]

UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:102]
                UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:458]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::Utilities::ComputeJointFactorMatrix<float>() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos\Utilities.h:297]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::FJointSolverGaussSeidel::ApplyPointProjection() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Joint\PBDJointSolverGaussSeidel.cpp:1764]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::FJointSolverGaussSeidel::ApplyProjections() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Joint\PBDJointSolverGaussSeidel.cpp:250]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::FPBDJointConstraints::ApplyPushOutSingle() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDJointConstraints.cpp:1341]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::FPBDJointConstraints::ApplyPushOut() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDJointConstraints.cpp:953]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::TPBDConstraintIslandRule<Chaos::FPBDJointConstraints>::ApplyPushOut() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos\PBDConstraintRule.h:240]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!Chaos::TPBDRigidsEvolutionBase<Chaos::FRewindableEvolutionTraits>::ApplyPushOut() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos\PBDRigidsEvolution.h:727]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!<lambda_0fff0a27e9ae33a31caeec5a000bd76b>::operator()() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDRigidsEvolutionGBF.cpp:404]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!ParallelForImpl::TParallelForData<TFunctionRef<void __cdecl(int)> >::Process() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\ParallelFor.h:177]
                UE4Editor_Chaos!TGraphTask<ParallelForImpl::TParallelForTask<TFunctionRef<void __cdecl(int)> > >::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
                UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasks() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:1065]
                UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:888]
                UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThreadAnyThread::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:965]
                UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:86]
                If you want to test it you can probably convert DynoFoliage to .26
                https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...validated=true

The phat assets also need adjusting for chaos currently. That's expected until we have parity anyway. the crash is not however.

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post
                  I think it might also be fixed in the next preview: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...6bf9006bfef87e
                  thanks for this info!
                  I compiled the 4.26 branch on GitHub and I can confirm the new Experimental Water Plugin is there
                  Follow me on Twitter!
                  Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                  Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

When they gonna update the UI. It stuck from 2000 not 2020 -.- seriously So ugly to look at

Comment

Could you guys maybe make next preview version slightly more stable? Getting constant crashes when recompiling character blueprint with animation graph open. So far my experience with 4.26 is mostly finding new unexpected ways to get a crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

Enable the Groom and Alembic Groom Importer plugins. Then, import or open an existing Groom Asset from the Content Browser. You'll get the new Groom Asset Editor that way.
                        Thank you for that!

The typical workflow described here requires that the user import every interpolated hair as a nurb curve and then some number of them are automatically considered guide curves. I was wondering if there is a way to only import guide curves and then get unreal to do the interpolation of the hairs itself? The xgen groom I am working with has literally millions of strands and trying to generate nurbs curves in maya for every strand crashes my computer since it eats over 60GB of ram/virtual memory. It would be easier for me if I could just import the guides and have unreal engine do the hair strand interpolation instead. Otherwise I will probably try to break the groom up into smaller chunks and import it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceskey View Post
                          ​Found out that hair cards is just an experimental make me a little bit sad. Performance gain a lot with hair cards. This should be the solution for this gen while the regular groom is suitable for the next gen.
                          What's stopping you from using the feature even if it is experimental? I guess there is the potential for bugs/issues but as long as you test it thoroughly it should be fine to ship a game with right?

Originally posted by scha View Post

I don't understand, what do you put in "Procedural Mesh" field? On the screenshot it's called "Cards_Mesh_Group" I think?

Maybe that mesh was generated when he selected 'Procedural' from the dropdown menu? Have you tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by freaknbigpanda View Post

Maybe that mesh was generated when he selected 'Procedural' from the dropdown menu? Have you tried it?
                            You have to put 0 or more in the LODIndex field on the bottom of that tab, then choose "cards" in the LOD tab, that does the trick

Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                            TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post

thanks for this info!
                              I compiled the 4.26 branch on GitHub and I can confirm the new Experimental Water Plugin is there
                              Done the same but it seems the plugin is not quite ready yet.

Comment

Ray tracing shadows does not work in 4.26 yet? When "Cast Ray Tracing Shadows" is enabled under any light, it renders all wrong

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X