does look like it
    Click image for larger version

Name:	scr.jpg
Views:	2068
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1819429
    my behance and instagram

Comment

Hello, I just tried the Archviz template project in Ue4.26 preview 2 and got a fatal crash. I was playing in the editor with raytracing. Anyone experiencing the same problem? I can run some other Raytracing demos like quake II without problems. But not demos made with Unreal using raytracing (like the starwars demo from nvidia). My gpu is rtx2080ti. See attachment for the error message when the crash occurs.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sebmoorea; 10-07-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sebmoorea View Post
        Hello, I just tried the Archviz template project in Ue4.26 preview 2 and got a fatal crash. I was playing in the editor with raytracing. Anyone experiencing the same problem? I can run some other Raytracing demos like quake II without problems. But not demos made with Unreal using raytracing (like the starwars demo from nvidia). My gpu is rtx2080ti. See attachment for the error message when the crash occurs.
        Got a lof of DX crashes on my side, sometimes not even with raytracing activated, with a 2080 too. I'd recommend reducing screen percentage and disabling RT shadows on some lights, or at least sampling on those. It's still very easy to tank the GPU.

Comment

Has anybody tried to use the new hair/fur/feather tools? If so where can you find them in the UI? I did a quick search but I couldn't find any reference to them in the UI, has it not been exposed yet or something?

Comment

is foliage flickering against the new clouds a known/expected issue? I think any material with opacity seems to react badly against them, and they still render pretty wildly in 'unlit' mode or anything that hides the atmosphere

Comment

Is support for volumetric shadows with ray-tracing planned for this release?

Comment

Originally posted by freaknbigpanda View Post
                Has anybody tried to use the new hair/fur/feather tools? If so where can you find them in the UI? I did a quick search but I couldn't find any reference to them in the UI, has it not been exposed yet or something?
                Enable the Groom and Alembic Groom Importer plugins. Then, import or open an existing Groom Asset from the Content Browser. You'll get the new Groom Asset Editor that way.
                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Hey all,

Just an FYI that as of UE 4.26, we will be switching to using Python 3.7.7 by default in the UE4 editor. You can find more information in this thread, and please also keep any discussion about the Python change in that thread.

Thanks,
                  Jamie.

Comment

Hey

Enabling Deep Shadow on a light causes UE to crash. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Comment

Alembic geometry caches are currently crashing when materials with tessellation are applied to them, would be great to see a fix.

Comment

Will 4.26 support RT reflections on single layer water?
                        ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post
                          Physics Handle Component and Attach/Detach physics actors are still broken in preview 2. I submitted a bug report
                          Originally posted by Dexied View Post
                          Physics components. Lock Rotation (X, Y, Z) does not work
                          There is a fix which I think aims to resolve there: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...d8adc4fd7fffe1

Originally posted by elettrozero View Post
                          Is it confirmed no new water plugin?
                          I think it might also be fixed in the next preview: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...6bf9006bfef87e
                          Last edited by KristofMorva; 10-08-2020, 07:40 AM.
                          Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                          LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                          Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

​Found out that hair cards is just an experimental make me a little bit sad. Performance gain a lot with hair cards. This should be the solution for this gen while the regular groom is suitable for the next gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceskey View Post
                              ​Found out that hair cards is just an experimental make me a little bit sad. Performance gain a lot with hair cards. This should be the solution for this gen while the regular groom is suitable for the next gen.
                              Are those cards generated from alembic? How does it work?

Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                              Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                              TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post

There is a fix which I think aims to resolve there: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...d8adc4fd7fffe1
                                Great, but that's just handle component, no attach/detach actor to actor as far as I can see. But still, I'm happy to see those are fixed
                                Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                                Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                                TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Working...
                                X