This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artistchampion View Post
    Yes! Ive been wanting to try chaos for a long time! thank you epic!
    Did you read the other comments on Chaos? Wouldn't thank Epic just yet... ‚Äč
    Last edited by UnrealEnterprise; 09-27-2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get their skeletal meshes to translate and work on 4.26? Our characters are ragdoll based for vr , and most functionality is broken with the physics movement . Constraints need to be reset up I assume? Anyone have any directions?

Comment

Chaos Cloth Self-Collision appears to be purposefully disabled, as this is not defined:

Code:
        #ifdef CHAOS_CLOTH_MUST_IMPROVE_SELF_COLLISION  // TODO: Improve self-collision until it can run in engine tests without crashing the simulation.
        Removing that and running the Content Example, the mesh instantly explodes. I tweaked a few cloth parameters to try to get it to behave but it's pretty unstable:

Since Chaos is supposed to be Production Ready, will this be addressed in 4.26 preview?
        Last edited by jrapczak; 09-27-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

so... most buggy beta release in all of unreal engine history?

Comment

Originally posted by bellyarms View Post
            if you just make a new pawn and add chaosWheeledVehicleMovement. Both work and use chaos
            OK didn't know that, shouldn't be a problem. Thank you!

Comment

Does anyone have any information on how to setup the OpenXR tracker to livelink stuff? I've been trying but after enabling all the livelink and openxr plugins, when I add a livelink tracking source from the localhost it just says "no data" I have a full vive pro setup with 4 trackers. Anyone know how to get it going? Do you have to install a runtime?

Been searching and googling for hours now and can't find a bit of info on it.

Comment

Just want to ask this again here I'm interested to I would like to find out if anyone can shed some light on it:

Regarding PhysX and Chaos changes, how does this effect the physics of actors and capsules, notable the character actor and capsule component? Are the capsule physics also replaced with chaos under the hood now? or where they never using PhysX in the first place but something unrelated entirely?

Comment

For those interested, I have published a tutorial on how to set up a Chaos Vehicle. The good old Sedan from the classical Vehicle Template is not suitable for Chaos and will need to be retired/updated. On the other hand the rigged vehicles from the Vehicle Variety Pack recently released as free for the month assets work perfectly.
                  CTO | Head of VR Development - Visit us at http://humanxr.com
                  My UE4 Tutorials (mostly VR): https://goo.gl/GUvDyV

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post

it's a plugin
                    And?... How to use Fullbody IK when it was enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by flashASA View Post

And?... How to use Fullbody IK when it was enabled?
                      It still uses controlrig too so you need to get that set up. Someone posted some of the nodes to use here:

https://twitter.com/games_inu/status...97001650855936

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
                        Has anyone been able to get their skeletal meshes to translate and work on 4.26? Our characters are ragdoll based for vr , and most functionality is broken with the physics movement . Constraints need to be reset up I assume? Anyone have any directions?
                        I spoke about this problem in the first pages ... Do you have videos of your games? I'm curious to see your solution. Working myself on an Active Ragdoll VR / SCREEN solution thelazylion

Comment

Motion blur is still being affected by time dilation in 4.26. I've submitted a new bug report. Hopefully it'll be fixed in time for the stable release. It's very easy to reproduce, and while we've shared some workarounds in this thread, it's far from ideal to have to use them. D:

Comment

I got the volumetric clouds working with the included material, however it's very repetitive and almost looks 'blocky', is this normal or might this material see revisions before 4.26 is out? i realise it's probably just for testing and for an example, but it'd be nice to have a clean copy we could base our own materials off, below are some examples of general weirdness (i've tried messing with the params but this happens even on the stock material):

Spoiler

edit:

also, appears to be some weirdness with the clouds in wireframe views, especially when using the 4 viewports:

Spoiler
                            Last edited by smt; 09-28-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smt View Post

Spoiler
                              This is happening simply because the CloudWeatherTexture they are using doesn't tile. I don't know if they'll fix it but it shouldn't matter as this won't affect your own materials so long as you use tiling textures.

Comment

Lot of fatal errors while sculpting landscape.

Comment

Working...
                                X