Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your excitement for Unreal Engine 5 with free wallpapers, GIFs, and more!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post

Perhaps you could backport Nanite and Lumen to UE4 but it could be so massive that you would need army of developers to do this. I suspect Unreal 5 runs same as Unreal 4, it just has Nanite+Lumen with other extra optimizations/features and thats all. Maybe it is just better and cheaper to modify Unreal 5 to suit your needs and thats it. 4.26 will be even closer to Unreal 5. Just a guess based on observations this far, do not take this as serious truth.
    Well, to be fair, I'm only really looking forward to use Chaos physics in it's production ready state without modifying the build.cs file (again), and although Lumen can be a life saver since I'm using 100% dynamic lights, I'm still able to run away with using LPV + SSGI so far. (no VXGI because it sucks compatibility wise)

Also nearly forgot about the new faster Sky Light Recapture slated to be in 4.26.
    Look, a shooting star!
    /drinks soda

Currently working on: Past Future, an isekai fantasy RPG

Comment

Ok I'm not trying to be a pessimist. But I hope ue5 lives up to hopes,dreams and expectations.
      they said in the video that it was a demo running on ps5. Not pc. So im just crossing my fingers that it will actually work as expected. Billions of polys seem unbelievable. hoping for the best

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoodie Guy View Post

Well, to be fair, I'm only really looking forward to use Chaos physics in it's production ready state without modifying the build.cs file (again), and although Lumen can be a life saver since I'm using 100% dynamic lights, I'm still able to run away with using LPV + SSGI so far. (no VXGI because it sucks compatibility wise)

Also nearly forgot about the new faster Sky Light Recapture slated to be in 4.26.
        VXGI is always been not so good solution as it is closed solution and no one can upgrade and customize it. Lets hope Lumen makes that old VXGI obsolete one and for all. I remember that info from couple years back, dont know if GameWorks has changed now.
        tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Working...
        X