Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your excitement for Unreal Engine 5 with free wallpapers, GIFs, and more!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to epic games
    we finished whole 8th game generation with useless lpv bullshittttt
    Its not production ready after 6 years i think

But lumen will change game industry

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf_Diesel View Post
      i mean, would it render an entire forest with millions of polys per tree? leafes, twigs rocks and moss scattered all over the ground? whats the limit?
      I might get technology wrong, but i think it internaly trying to adapt poly count on screen to match 1 triangle per 1 pixel on screen, so no mattter how many polygons you have in world, amount on screen would be roughly 1920*1080 same as pixels of your screen. Sort of dynamic adaptation of meshed based on depth, the higher distance - the larger polygons you can have to fit in 1 pixel on screen. Something like this. I meant its common sense - you dont need to draw triangles which are much smaller than 1 pixel.

So yes i guess forest with 1 million of triangles per tree is posible, and i guess it is a goal - have same render time no matter how much stuff in the 3d world.

Comment

At least please give us some bones to chew on, instead of the entire buffalo during the release. Chewing an entire buffalo takes a long time.

Comment

Like always, DigitalFoundry proffesionals explained very well how tech works, i personally always thought that SSGI could be mixed with LPV but now LPV will be dead at last and Lumin came. Finally solution all GPU owners can run it not just RTX owners.
          tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

As Aristotle said, pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. Its good to know, that you love what you do, as i love to make games.

Comment

This promises to be...

wait for it...

...UNREAL!

Comment

In 2017, I predicted High Density Modularity is the future of manual 3D Modeling for Games and it will come to fruition in 2 years. I've been working toward this prediction every since. I'm no modeler, I'm a kitbasher. Thus, I'm really excited about the complexity the next gen rendering tech will enable me to construct in real-time. I wont even mention the prospect of AI generative design / procedural generation of entire hyper-photo-realistic worlds filled with persons, places, and things.
                HeadlessStudios.com is now part of TheGameDevStore.com

Comment

Epic invented AAAAA Games. Or we should call Film Quality Games?
                  33 Million polygon from Zbrush are around 3-5gb, one kit of 8k texture 1-2gb. So an estimate of this game size is around 500GB, maybe even more.
                  Epic can you share the size of the game and the project size?

Comment

I presume Nanite will eventually support complex deforming geometry like characters/foliage? I see simple rotating animations on the pedestal but I’m seeing a current-gen character there. Amazing progress nonetheless.
                    Last edited by subspark; 05-15-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to UE5. Watching it over and over again gave me multiple levels of goosebumps. I already converted my projects to 4.25 so I can start migrating to UE5 as soon as possible.
                      Support my RTS Game (Agora) on Patreon!
                      Unreal Nexus - Create Share and Experience!
                      Unreal Engine 4 World-Wide User Map

[PLUGIN] Aws Gamelift Client Plugin
                      [TOOL] Create your own binary release of UE4 from GitHub source
                      My UE4 Tutorials and Misc Tools

Lead Programmer at YetiTech Studios
                      Your Friendly Neighborhood
                      Satheesh PV (a.k.a RyanJon2040) | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+

Comment

I was slowly drifting towards GODOT, because it is smaller, easier on mobiles, and has script (so feed up with huge blueprints, and C++ crashing because i forgot about one pointer somewhere). But that unreal 5 and Hourences showcase, got me back into unreal engine. And yes i agree unreal engine is too big for indies, it is impossible to use (or even learn) it all for tiny 2-3 person teams.

I made some mvp game project on mobiles. It was mvp so barely any gameplay. And most reactions it got was: 120mb, and there is nothing in your game. That was 90mb from unreal engine, about 5mb from blueprints (my code) and rest those few textures and sounds. From game that is 120mb ppl expect some content on mobiles, and most of it was wasted on unused subsystems from engine. I think now it is even worse.

Comment

Late to the game in this forum, so I am sure everything has been said. Can't wait to see more details about the specifics of the new engine... Thanks, Epic!

teak
                          "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                          -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

What does this mean to marketplace creators? would be good to know how far they can push things now, so when ue5 is out there will be a bunch of stuff on store ready for it.

Comment

Looks spectacular, congrats to everyone involved! Can't wait to get my hands on UE5.
                              ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

UE5 looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to check it out! The PS5 demo was really something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X