Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your excitement for Unreal Engine 5 with free wallpapers, GIFs, and more!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok 1 question about nanite. If any one knows.
    since nanite can render billions of triangles.
    Does this mean that my project. Which Has mostly low poly assets if i port it to ue5. The performance will probably jump 10 times?

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

please make modern ui for ue5

What's up with everyone wanting flat nonsense ugly UIs ? Just because Microsoft, Apple and others went the cheap all flat UI route it doesn't mean that is the right thing to do. Before the all flat cheap nonsense UIs were going full 3D instead and that was the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

What's up with everyone wanting flat nonsense ugly UIs ? Just because Microsoft, Apple and others went the cheap all flat UI route it doesn't mean that is the right thing to do. Before the all flat cheap nonsense UIs were going full 3D instead and that was the right thing to do.
        I agree with you. Since will be called UE5, this means a new fresh UI look, otherwise, it will be considered UE4.27 or UE4.28, why not. Why to call UE5 an update? I hope Epic Games own smart people to make a difference between an update and a new version.

Comment

I heard world composition isn't going to be supported in it. My impression is that alottt of things are going to change

Comment

As far as I remember, Microsoft originally introduced flat UIs, because their internal research showed that people, on average, prefer flat UIs. I suppose that, because of that, everyone has imitated flat UIs since then.

To be fair, I was also skeptical at first, but once you get used to, they are really much more pleasant to work with than gradient UIs. Actually, I really wish that Epic would visually update the Blueprint editor (as well as the other editors) towards a flat UI.

While I am not exactly sure why flat UIs are more pleasant to work with, I suppose that it overall reduces visual clutter, in the sense that the brain is not busy detecting any fake 3D structures (which are generally associated with gradients), which improves focus on the actually relevant part of your work - in case of the Blueprint editor that would be the text on the nodes, their arrangement, and their connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Solenism View Post
              As far as I remember, Microsoft originally introduced flat UIs, because their internal research showed that people, on average, prefer flat UIs. I suppose that, because of that, everyone has imitated flat UIs since then.

To be fair, I was also skeptical at first, but once you get used to, they are really much more pleasant to work with than gradient UIs. Actually, I really wish that Epic would visually update the Blueprint editor (as well as the other editors) towards a flat UI.

While I am not exactly sure why flat UIs are more pleasant to work with, I suppose that it overall reduces visual clutter, in the sense that the brain is not busy detecting any fake 3D structures (which are generally associated with gradients), which improves focus on the actually relevant part of your work - in case of the Blueprint editor that would be the text on the nodes, their arrangement, and their connections.
              Why does it have to be all or nothing though - why not always offer both Flat-UI + Fake-3D??? ... Like having curvy splines AND straight lines in the Blueprint graph. Pick whatever works. When you look at Flat-UI visual programming in other apps, it feels like going back in time, its just harder to work with. So why not let devs choose. It doesn't have to be lager or ipa - only one or other, right? Also having Microsoft in the same sentence as UI design? That doesn't sit right! Do you want Jobs to haunt you forever? Oh wait, he borrowed everything from a certain Lab in Palo Alto anyway...
              Last edited by UnrealEnterprise; 11-12-2020, 07:08 PM.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
              Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

Originally posted by Artistchampion View Post
                I heard world composition isn't going to be supported in it. My impression is that alottt of things are going to change
                If they break world composition compatibility then how could a 4.25 project directly import into UE 5.x as they clearly stated when they announced UE5 ?
                If they created anything new to replace world composition then they must have created a reliable converter to the now format otherwise projects using it from 4.25 , 4.26 , 4.27 just wouldn't work anymore.

Comment

What I wanted to say is not only about a flat UI. I wanted to say that I would like to feel / make a big difference between UE4.26 and UE5. I don't want to consider it UE4.27 or UE4.30. Or, another example as a joke is when an youtuber will make a tutorial for UE5, but he will use UE4. Since he will show something basically about Unreal Engine, who will be able to make a difference, what version he used?

But finally, sorry because, I become a little bit shy. I love Unreal Engine and I don't care more about this, but I care about the instability of this game engine in every version it comes. I hope at least, they will make it more stabile.
                  Last edited by Georjack; 11-13-2020, 04:16 AM.

Comment

I can't wait for the release! and thanks for the high resolution screenies!

Comment

If they break world composition compatibility then how could a 4.25 project directly import into UE 5.x as they clearly stated when they announced UE5 ?
                      If they created anything new to replace world composition then they must have created a reliable converter to the now format otherwise projects using it from 4.25 , 4.26 , 4.27 just wouldn't work anymore.
                      Interesting... I'm sure Epic will put it all in the fineprint eventually. But I'm willing to bet in most cases it'll just be easier for devs to start over and create new projects in UE5. Forget about migrating over. Anyone remember having to throw away projects in UDK before?! But ofc it'd be great if it all works though.
                      Last edited by UnrealEnterprise; 01-17-2021, 03:06 PM.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                      Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

already 2021, when can we download the first preview?

Comment

A flat UI might look nice in a screenshot but it's usually harder to read at a glance. I fully support an UI update / overhaul but let's stick to usability over aesthetics please. This is an enterprise tool not an etch-a-sketch.

Comment

Working...
                          X