Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your excitement for Unreal Engine 5 with free wallpapers, GIFs, and more!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EntrpriseCustomr View Post

True and False imho...

Learning is only really half the story in actual practice dude.
    Having to 'master all the techniques' of UE4 is its own hell...
    It easier to 'specialize in areas' versus being a generalist!

Guitar: Easy to pickup hard to master
    vs
    Piano: Hard to pickup easy to master
    vs
    Unreal: Hard to pickup hard to master.
    I know how to play guitar and it is easy.
    piano is even easier.

unreal engine is easy compaired to other engines. you just need to break it down and learn each part 1 by 1. if you think you going to master it all at the same time then no.
    you need to start with the basics of the ui, get to know that each part. lots of other engines keep ui elements on screen that can't be used in each mode i guess due
    to lazy coders saying eh we won't hide elements that can't be used at that moment we will just give them a prompt that they can't use it cluttering up the ui.
    unreal has streamlines every window to include what can be used in each window etc. there are so many resources for unreal engine its not hard at all with the thousands of
    free assets, the live streams, the youtube videos and this forum and ue4 learning portal. you just got to have a focus, weather it be animation, blueprints, replication, learn each system 1 by one and soon you see a pattern as lots of features require the same stuff. figure out your task first. then once you have a task, search tutorials about that subject.
    it can be easy as 1 2 3 if you put the time in to learn it. it is not hard like blender, maya, max, substance, 3d coat or other software because it can be broken down into topics. and learned easy since its ui is not cluttered up like other softwares are.
    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
      I know how to play guitar and it is easy. piano is even easier.
      Its easy to play guitar on a street corner maybe, but that's not really saying much, is it?
      I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here... There are just too many factors anyway...

People have different abilities, plus different amounts of free time and responsibilities.

But to anyone starting out, I wouldn't underestimate just how difficult game dev really is.
      It can take over your life like some kind of parasite, but that's the commitment needed!
      Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 08-25-2020, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrpriseCustomr View Post
        But to anyone starting out, I wouldn't underestimate just how difficult game dev really is.
        It can take over your life like some kind of parasite, but that's the commitment needed!
        And "commitment needed" is what "future indie devs" lack mostly. I am so tired of people wanting to team up, having ideas for huge game, then disappearing 6 months later when they see how much work it is.

Comment

i hope we can bake objects without lightmap in ue5

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda.Schade View Post
            Unreal Engine 5 is officially on the horizon and you’re invited to celebrate the momentous occasion with us!

We’ve created a collection of digital goodies to help you share in the excitement of Unreal Engine 5’s reveal.

Preview them below and download the high resolution collection here.

GIFS AND STICKERS
            Available at giphy.com/channel/unrealengine

CHANGE YOUR WALLPAPER

Click image for larger versionName:	UnrealEngine5_wallpaper_1_720.jpgViews:	21Size:	244.7 KBID:	1760196

Click image for larger versionName:	UnrealEngine5_wallpaper_5_720.jpgViews:	19Size:	305.6 KBID:	1760200

Click image for larger versionName:	UnrealEngine5_wallpaper_6_720.jpgViews:	19Size:	54.5 KBID:	1760201

TRY OUT A NEW BACKGROUND

Click image for larger versionName:	UnrealEngine5_Virtual_background_1_small.jpgViews:	19Size:	563.4 KBID:	1760202

Click image for larger versionName:	UnrealEngine5_Virtual_background_2_small.jpgViews:	19Size:	704.4 KBID:	1760203

START COLORING

Click image for larger version

Name:	UnrealEngine5_ColoringPage_1_1920.jpg
Views:	2586
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	1765807
            But my question is when is the Unreal 5 Engine going to be released I want it for my project need it petty bad was hoping there was a pre release SDK

Comment

after watching the 51world demo, i ended up saying 'i, umm, hmmmm'... i still have to wait and see if my equipment will handle ue5, and if i can downsize it to my needs... the only thing i really need is control rig finished so i can fine tune animations, cloth with ucx (i think) collision, and a stable engine of course... i can do the rest for my simple anims

ue5 is on a whole new level now... watch out for that double edged sword...

Comment

Does This Technology Software Require A Whole New Level Of Storage Management, Since This is The Only Way You Can Do It Right? Or Did You Guys Actually Discover A WHOLE New Level And Way Of Processing Technological Information? Nice Job Guys!

Comment

Working...
                X