Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting an error when i launch 4.25. It pops up with " The procedure entry point DXGIGetDebuginterface1 could not be located in the dynamic library dxgi.dll" I dont get this message when I launch 4.24 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the engine as well as re-downloaded C++ framework. i did get this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ebuginterface1 as a starting point for the issue. I am on windows 7 and beleive that could be the problem. What I am really wondering is will this effect my project if i use 4.25 anyway ? or will it cause me issues later on ? or will it effect only the Microsoft App store stuff outside of the engine ? any possible solutions for this ?

Comment

I can't upgrade from 4.23
      I trigger a break point here

Looks like all my BP classes that read values from Structs are having this issue. What can I do ?

Comment

'Use Emissive for Static Lighting' seems to be screwed up, injecting ~10X more brightness than before in some cases. Will try and get a repro project.

(edit: fixed here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/7025 )
        Last edited by muchcharles; 06-05-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dzernesto View Post
          I can't upgrade from 4.23
          I trigger a break point here

Looks like all my BP classes that read values from Structs are having this issue. What can I do ?
          Oh, I thought I was using ContainerPtrToValuePtr somehow wrong, because whatever I tried, it kept crashing.

Looks like it's not just me. Do you think you can submit a bug report?
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Customization: Male

Comment

Fix AAB to Google App store format!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by butavpaul View Post
              I want to build for Android and followed this steps https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...al-engine-4-25 but when I run SetupAndroid.bat I have a warning
              'Failed to find package llbd;3.1'
              butavpaul Open SetupAndroid.bat in a text editor, remove "lldb;3.1" from the line 83 (if I remember correctly the line number).

Comment

Hi! I am also facing the missing header problem. Is there a solution to this?
                Code:
                Warning        The referenced component 'MobileDeviceInterface' could not be found.    AutomationTool            

Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'TraceServices/SessionService.h': No such file or directory    UnrealInsightsCLI    X:\PathToEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealInsightsCLI\Private\UnrealInsightsCLI.cpp    9    

Error    MSB3073    The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UnrealInsightsCLI Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.    UnrealInsightsCLI    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    44

Comment

Originally posted by LNaej View Post
                  On a project ported from 4.23 to 4.25.0, on Oculus Quest when loading a map, I've got the following ensure condition failing:
                  Code:
                  if (PrimitiveSceneInfo->NeedsReflectionCaptureUpdate())
                  {
                  // mobile should not have any outstanding reflection capture update requests at this point
                  ensure(Scene->GetShadingPath() != EShadingPath::Mobile);
                  [...]
                  It's in Renderer/Private/SceneVisibility.cpp:2098, inside the ComputeRelevance() method.
                  Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this in my project/map? Or is it an engine bug? Thanks for your help

Update: It's happening on a specific map, trying to see what in it could be the cause of this.
                  Quoting myself, but if someone has this bug too (or a UE4 dev knows the answer), maybe this commit on 4.25 branch will fix it?
                  " Fixed crash caused by the dummy reflection capture uniform buffer being destroyed immediately after it was created."
                  https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...4ffb93e2f8884a

Currently doing a full engine build in order to try and see (so with my computer it will take a few hours)... Will update this post after the test.

Update: now it fails on "IsValidLowLevelFast()" in LoadMap(). I did not manage to breakpoint using AndroidStudio so I will need to continue to dig in.
                  Update2: it seems that one of my AI Pawn blueprints placed in map got somehow corrupted with the update. It would fail in FAsyncPackage::PostLoadObjects() with if (!Object->IsReadyForAsyncPostLoad()) in the while loop pointing to an invalid memory address (even if IsValid() returns true for the pointer). Removing the instanced blueprint from the map and putting it in the map again seemed to solve the issue.
                  Last edited by LNaej; 05-09-2020, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skillz1333st View Post
                    I am getting an error when i launch 4.25. It pops up with " The procedure entry point DXGIGetDebuginterface1 could not be located in the dynamic library dxgi.dll" I dont get this message when I launch 4.24 and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the engine as well as re-downloaded C++ framework. i did get this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ebuginterface1 as a starting point for the issue. I am on windows 7 and beleive that could be the problem. What I am really wondering is will this effect my project if i use 4.25 anyway ? or will it cause me issues later on ? or will it effect only the Microsoft App store stuff outside of the engine ? any possible solutions for this ?
                    Same Error here and only on 4.25. Since i'm also on Windows 7, i suspect it's related to that somehow. Despite that it seems to work, though it would be nice to have this fixed.

Comment

Material layers seems not working properly in 4.25. It also constantly crashes when trying to switch material layer in the material instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Vexar View Post
                        Looks like 4.25 has broken the ability to package Text3D components - Can someone double check? I had it turned on and got a **** storm of fail on packaging, then turned it off and I got warnings that it was missing but all the errors went away.
                        ive the same problem ... and in Blueprint Editor -> Add Component the Text3D Component is missing...

Comment

Originally posted by nslobodin View Post
                          Material layers seems not working properly in 4.25. It also constantly crashes when trying to switch material layer in the material instance.
                          I think it is time that Epic Games changes its hot fixes policy for UE4 releases... It is not possible to work with the engine having to deal with so many bugs that don't get fixed until the next version is released and then when that happens the new version adds more new bugs along with too many that continue to exist.
                          LTS Long Term Support releases don't exist for UE4 and that's fine BUT at least keep fixing each release instead of forcing developers to upgrade to the next major one (not all projects can be easily upgraded to a new release.. too many things can break due too many code changes breaking with no backward compatibility and a large project could be impossible to upgrade) To avoid all of this the engine source code should become way more modular but that might not happen until UE5 .. so ... At least each major release should get 90% of reported bugs fixed .. so even having .10 .15 minor hot fix releases if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralle View Post

Same Error here and only on 4.25. Since i'm also on Windows 7, i suspect it's related to that somehow. Despite that it seems to work, though it would be nice to have this fixed.
                            +1
                            Same config and same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

I think it is time that Epic Games changes its hot fixes policy for UE4 releases...
                              This 100%. For me this is one of the worst releases in a long time. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence with how I'm working, but a lot of very, very basic core things that I am trying to do are broken, unusable and crashing in the engine right now.

And this would be fine if there was some form of LTS. The problem is that there were some very core things broken in 4.24... and 4.23... and 4.22, and so on... so you literally have to update to get those fixes (unless you start compiling the engine yourself and pulling fixes from git, at which point you're spending more time maintaining an engine that's whole point is to prevent that and let you get on with making a game). Not only that, but it's now very common for fixes to regress and become broken again between builds.

Some kind of LTS plan would at least allow people to stay on a specific build that they know works and will get fixes for a decent period of time. Right now it's whack-a-mole, 2 steps forward, 10 steps back each update.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake J Robinson View Post

This 100%. For me this is one of the worst releases in a long time. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence with how I'm working, but a lot of very, very basic core things that I am trying to do are broken, unusable and crashing in the engine right now.

And this would be fine if there was some form of LTS. The problem is that there were some very core things broken in 4.24... and 4.23... and 4.22, and so on... so you literally have to update to get those fixes (unless you start compiling the engine yourself and pulling fixes from git, at which point you're spending more time maintaining an engine that's whole point is to prevent that and let you get on with making a game). Not only that, but it's now very common for fixes to regress and become broken again between builds.

Some kind of LTS plan would at least allow people to stay on a specific build that they know works and will get fixes for a decent period of time. Right now it's whack-a-mole, 2 steps forward, 10 steps back each update.
                                I would not go so far to claim 10 steps back, but the heart of any application, file operations, those are considered the Achilles heel of Unreal. Perhaps 15% of my time involves waiting for file operations to finish, resolving crashes, redoing lost work, redoing things because something broke. This, on top of updates which come up from time to time. Hence, while overall the frequency of interruptions has gone down, long lingering fundamentals are not getting the attention they need.
                                [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo]

Comment

Working...
                                X