This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nupaul View Post
    Does anyone have issues with C++ projects where when you add a new Component the source file opens with errors in Visual Studio?
    When I added a new C++ ActorComponent it opened in VS with errors from Resharper C++. Compiling was fine, though.
    The Resharper C++ errors, however, only went away when I rebuilt the solution file.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post

Thanks for that.
      In addition, I came from 4.24, I also had to de-install Codeworks, restart, manually remove Environment variables for NVPACK and NDK because they were still there - restart - all before I started to install AndroidStudio.
      In fact I had to do this too, due to the other problems I was not sure it was mandatory, but it's indeed recommended by Epic so... But yeah, the transition is not 100% smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Nupaul View Post
        Does anyone have issues with C++ projects where when you add a new Component the source file opens with errors in Visual Studio?

I also see this:
        Warning: HotReload operation took 13.5s.
        LogSlate: Window 'Add C++ Component' being destroyed
        LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Script/ArtRunnerCpp.CounterWatch'
        LogHotReload: New module detected: UE4Editor-ArtRunnerCpp-0562.dll
        LogHotReload: Starting Hot-Reload from IDE
        I did a fresh install after having the preview installed and I'm still getting the same C++ errors.
        No matter what project type I create (new project) the moment I create any kind of C++ class VisualStudio throws multiple errors
        see: https://pastebin.com/U4MHAK5Z as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          Here we go.. plugins update rush!
          Not looking forward to the UProperty changes, but here we go....
          Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post

Hey Tim, are there any plans for the documentation of Variadic Blueprint functions? It sounds really interesting but was not able to find any examples in the source code.
            No immediate plans for an example in documentation. One thing that is not clear about these functions from the release notes is that they are added for calling Python in BP.

UK2Node_ExecutePythonScript and UPythonScriptLibrary::ExecutePythonScript

There are no plans to add it to existing BP functionality at this time, though.
            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
            UE4 Documentation

Comment

Is hair/groom working properly for anyone? I see the simulation/fps issues were fixed which is nice but the strands themselves turned into huge cards instead of actual strands.

Comment

There seems to be a bug in the Ai Controller: "SelfActor" won't be set in 4.25's blackboards by default and is always invalid. Is this desired due to the brain component changes you've made?
                Daniel Mihajlovic |Freelance 3D Artist | Showreel

Comment

Is there any documentation for the new Control Rig workflow? The current docs don't seem to apply at all to the latest version.

[Edit] Also, I started a new Third Person Template C++ project to check out the new FProperty usage, but it looks like it still uses UProperty?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

No immediate plans for an example in documentation. One thing that is not clear about these functions from the release notes is that they are added for calling Python in BP.

UK2Node_ExecutePythonScript and UPythonScriptLibrary::ExecutePythonScript

There are no plans to add it to existing BP functionality at this time, though.
                    Ah alright, thank you, then it's less interesting than I anticipated based on the release notes
                    Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                    LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                    Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

the in editor animation tool looks amazing

Comment

I installed v 4.25 yesterday - looks like the Substance plugin is not supported yet... any idea when that will be available? Assets using it from older versions of UE4 do not load correctly.

update - Looks like they are working on upgrading the plugin, there is a beta group. It's a pretty serious gotcha, seems like people should hear about it. It may be awhile before the plugin is available.
                        Last edited by form_and_focus; 05-06-2020, 05:10 PM. Reason: update...

Comment

Originally posted by form_and_focus View Post
                          I installed v 4.25 yesterday - looks like the Substance plugin is not supported yet... any idea when that will be available? Assets using it from older versions of UE4 do not load correctly.
                          The plugin is developed by Allegorithmic/Adobe, this question should be addressed at their forum/discord, no?
                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Something with Datasmith breaks visual studio's "jump to first error" hotkey (F8):

It will jump to the line with 1.Welcome.md in the output log:

Code:
                            2>  Copying C:\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\Enterprise\Datasmith\DatasmithSDK\Documentation\*.* to C:\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\DatasmithSDK\Documentation\
                            2>  C:\git\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Programs\Enterprise\Datasmith\DatasmithSDK\Documentation\1.Welcome.md
                            And it opens the 1.Welcome.md file. I'm not sure what's wrong but somehow the line needs to be formatted differently to avoid visual studio seeing it as an error.

Comment

Originally posted by G4mble270 View Post

I did a fresh install after having the preview installed and I'm still getting the same C++ errors.
                              No matter what project type I create (new project) the moment I create any kind of C++ class VisualStudio throws multiple errors
                              see: https://pastebin.com/U4MHAK5Z as an example.
                              Thanks for confirming and saving me the trouble of reinstalling VS. I submitted a Bug report on this in preview and they responded to me asking for more information and suggesting i following the visual studio setup instructions but it didnt work.

EDIT:
                              If you include anything from the Engine, the errors goes away but intellisense doesnt work. At least you don't see the errors.
                              I added this:
                              #include "Engine/TriggerVolume.h"
                              Last edited by Nupaul; 05-06-2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I am running into issues when packaging projects (that worked on 4.24) on Linux with 4.25:

Code:
                                [2020.05.06-19.45.20:926][603]UATHelper: Packaging (Linux):   [4/5] Link (lld) Blocks
                                [2020.05.06-19.45.24:590][613]UATHelper: Packaging (Linux):   ld.lld: error: /media/UE/UnrealEngine-4.25.0-linux-all/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/OpenVR/OpenVRv1_5_17/lib/linux64/libopenvr_api.so: undefined reference to std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, ...)
                                [2020.05.06-19.45.24:590][613]UATHelper: Packaging (Linux):   clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
                                [2020.05.06-19.45.24:590][613]PackagingResults: Error: /media/UE/UnrealEngine-4.25.0-linux-all/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/OpenVR/OpenVRv1_5_17/lib/linux64/libopenvr_api.so: undefined reference to std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, ...)
                                [2020.05.06-19.45.24:590][613]PackagingResults: Error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
                                Anyone have any thoughts?
                                Last edited by saihv; 05-06-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X