Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.25 released!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    EQS in 4.25.3 is gone? I can't find it:

    Comment


      Open editor preferences and search for EQS and check it. You have to do it each time you open the editor. For me it doesn't save the changes

      Comment


        :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

        Comment


          Originally posted by LNaej View Post
          On a project ported from 4.23 to 4.25.0, on Oculus Quest when loading a map, I've got the following ensure condition failing:
          Code:
          if (PrimitiveSceneInfo->NeedsReflectionCaptureUpdate())
          {
          // mobile should not have any outstanding reflection capture update requests at this point
          ensure(Scene->GetShadingPath() != EShadingPath::Mobile);
          [...]
          It's in Renderer/Private/SceneVisibility.cpp:2098, inside the ComputeRelevance() method.
          Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this in my project/map? Or is it an engine bug? Thanks for your help

          Update: It's happening on a specific map, trying to see what in it could be the cause of this.
          I have been experiencing this crash too. I think I have narrowed it down to the late update being done for the HMD and controllers, in our scenario at least.

          The late update is setting the transform, causing them to be flagged as needing a reflection capture update but something about doing the level load means it is not being updated before ComputeRelevance is called.

          It only affects things nested under the motion controller component or the camera that is tracking to the HMD. As a workaround I enabled DisableLowLatencyUpdate in the motion controllers (to stop the late update of the transform) and removed the anything we had nested under the camera (disabling it for the HMD would be more involved).

          So far this seems to have worked. Obviously not an ideal long term solution.

          Comment


            After about two months I've found why it's crashing when building for Android armv7. When using a blueprint in scene which is having a public variable, type array, it's crashing. Tested on fresh projects and it's always crashing.

            Comment


              Will we ever see any proper sorting algorithms implemented for Mesh Decals?? I feel like this feature is long over due and necessary. It's impossible to achieve stable rendering with overlapping mesh decals and it's just infuriating when trying to build large worlds.

              http://indiannoob.in/vision-worlds-f...exclusive-now/
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmZFcsALeg

              Comment


                Originally posted by aneral View Post



                Can you elaborate on how to solve it? Thank you
                If like me the cause is reflection captures>Go to project settings, type reflection and reduce the reflection capture size...

                if something else, like I've just experienced:

                Assertion failed: NumPooled > 1 [File:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Allocation.h] [Line: 886] UE4Editor_Core UE4Editor_Core UE4Editor_D3D12RHI UE4Editor_D3D12RHI UE4Editor_D3D12RHI UE4Editor_D3D12RHI UE4Editor_D3D12RHI UE4Editor_D3D12RHI UE4Editor_RenderCore UE4Editor_Renderer UE4Editor_RenderCore UE4Editor_Renderer UE4Editor_Renderer UE4Editor_Core UE4Editor_Core UE4Editor_RenderCore UE4Editor_RenderCore UE4Editor_Core UE4Editor_Core kernel32 ntdll


                you can always got to your project content folder and try removing [by zipping it and keeping it safe the offending *.umap and or *uasset. I zipped my .uasset and the project has now loaded and is recompiling some 6K + shaders as I type..

                edit: SUCCESS!


                Comment


                  I hope there will be support for Spline meshes with raytracing in 4.26 I got all excited now rtx stuff doesn't crash on my end (I reinstalled windows on my laptop) and got started with splines and found they don't cast shadows or affect raytracing in any way at all. Please fix it I need them in my project

                  Originally posted by JustinDarlington View Post
                  Will we ever see any proper sorting algorithms implemented for Mesh Decals?? I feel like this feature is long over due and necessary. It's impossible to achieve stable rendering with overlapping mesh decals and it's just infuriating when trying to build large worlds.
                  A proper decal system would be nice tbh, not just deferred box project but actual mesh based projections ​ maybe in ue5 we can finally have them.
                  Last edited by Legend286; 09-11-2020, 04:31 PM.

                  Comment


                    Anyone know when 4.26 Preview is coming out? I thought they had said September, but not sure...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by DsyD View Post
                      Anyone know when 4.26 Preview is coming out? I thought they had said September, but not sure...
                      I'd be more hopeful for 4.25.4... Which also hasn't been released

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by motorsep View Post

                        I'd be more hopeful for 4.25.4... Which also hasn't been released
                        I agree. They mentioned a 4.25Plus transition before 4.26, but they didn't mention if that would be just a hotfix transition or something else.
                        Nilson Lima
                        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                        UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                          I agree. They mentioned a 4.25Plus transition before 4.26, but they didn't mention if that would be just a hotfix transition or something else.
                          They bumped up 4.25 branch from 4.25.3 to 4.25.4, which usually indicates an incoming hotfix.

                          Comment


                            Anyone ever see this on 4.25-
                            I leave PC on and a project open for several hours without use, and then when re-using the UI is jagged and jumpy, but not slow. Almost like UI-use is displayed at a lower FPS.
                            But then if I shut down Editor and open back up, back to smooth and silky UI.
                            Does that sound more like application fatigue by Win10 OS / PC, or is there some way of refreshing the UI in-editor?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by motorsep View Post

                              They bumped up 4.25 branch from 4.25.3 to 4.25.4, which usually indicates an incoming hotfix.
                              There is a 4.25-plus branch at GitHub!
                              Nilson Lima
                              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                              UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Daffrendo View Post
                                Anyone ever see this on 4.25-
                                I leave PC on and a project open for several hours without use, and then when re-using the UI is jagged and jumpy, but not slow. Almost like UI-use is displayed at a lower FPS.
                                But then if I shut down Editor and open back up, back to smooth and silky UI.
                                Does that sound more like application fatigue by Win10 OS / PC, or is there some way of refreshing the UI in-editor?
                                Sounds like a memory leak in the editor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X