X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damien View Post
    Was 4.25.1 removed?

I no longer see it in the update options pull down menu.

No one?

Is there anyone within Epic that answers questions on the forum here? Or have they all disappeared?

Is there a place we can see info and updates like this?

Because there's nothing on social media, the main website, the forum, or anywhere about it.

Comment

No one?

Is there anyone within Epic that answers questions on the forum here? Or have they all disappeared?

Is there a place we can see info and updates like this?

Because there's nothing on social media, the main website, the forum, or anywhere about it.
      It was not removed I am sure since I still use it. You might have some issue at your installation. If nobody had this experience, there is not much one could tell. You could use the bug submission form at the 1st post and attach pictures of your screen with the behavior you are seeing at the launcher and give details about your environment: OS release, GPU model + driver release, CPU, amount of RAM etc, but the screenshots are necessary on the launcher side.
      Last edited by NilsonLima; 06-19-2020, 08:10 AM.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

4.15.1 is there for me, but I also updated to it.

Comment

I still have Preview, never yet updated. But mine shows 4.25.0 as the next update option, not even 4.25.1.
          Anyway between all the crash reports and Win 10 glitchiness mess, I'm using 4.24....
          until UE5 comes out!

Comment

Great to finally have some modeling tools included. Unfortunately I feel that they still need some improvements. I don’t understand why there is only a tri based selection and not quad based and I hope this will be improved. Moreover basic selection tools like ring and edge loop selection shortcuts or buttons would be very nice.

Comment

"The procedure entry point DXGIGetDebuginterface1 can't be found"

Is this going to get fixed?

Comment

Anyone having luck with using skeletal meshes with morph targets without awful shading or seams issues (skinache!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Whammy View Post
                  "The procedure entry point DXGIGetDebuginterface1 can't be found"

Is this going to get fixed?
                  afaik this hasnt even been confirmed yet...chances are Win7 support was just silently dropped for both the editor and packaged games. keep an eye on the software requirements...its still in there in the minspecs, but that may change with the next doc update...

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

It was not removed I am sure since I still use it. You might have some issue at your installation. If nobody had this experience, there is not much one could tell. You could use the bug submission form at the 1st post and attach pictures of your screen with the behavior you are seeing at the launcher and give details about your environment: OS release, GPU model + driver release, CPU, amount of RAM etc, but the screenshots are necessary on the launcher side.
                    For some reason it would not show up at all as an update.

I had to uninstall everything (the engine and the Epic launcher) redownload the laucher/engine installer, reinstall it, and only then it would show up as an option.

But now it wont launch the engine:

"Launch Failed

The prerequisites for Unreal Engine failed to install.

Error Code: LS-0019-IS-0001"

I searched for that error code and nothing came up.

So I'm not sure how to fix the error code if there's nothing referencing it.

Comment

For some reason it would not show up at all as an update.

I had to uninstall everything (the engine and the Epic launcher) redownload the laucher/engine installer, reinstall it, and only then it would show up as an option.

But now it wont launch the engine:

"Launch Failed

The prerequisites for Unreal Engine failed to install.

Error Code: LS-0019-IS-0001"

I searched for that error code and nothing came up.

So I'm not sure how to fix the error code if there's nothing referencing it.
                      I did the search now and this came up on this forum: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...-error-is-0001
                      Nilson Lima

Comment

Loading a map that has tiled landscape using open level in engine is fine, after build It freezes up and don't load the map for like 10 mins. and can crash on lower spec pcs.

how to reproduce this

make a project, import a tiled terrain 1017 size tiles.
                        add a widget with buttons that use open level and point it to your map with the streaming levels.
                        build windows 64 development, once clicking the button on widget it will take forever to load
                        and crash sometimes no error no crashlog.

also if you have a widget that loads up on event begin play in a Level blueprint, it scales its self really huge???
                        Please fix these issues.
                        Last edited by frostic; 06-22-2020, 01:47 AM.
                        Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollinator View Post

afaik this hasnt even been confirmed yet...chances are Win7 support was just silently dropped for both the editor and packaged games. keep an eye on the software requirements...its still in there in the minspecs, but that may change with the next doc update...
                          That would be a major disaster for my group if they dropped WIn7. It would essentially be game over.

Comment

Originally posted by Whammy View Post

That would be a major disaster for my group if they dropped WIn7. It would essentially be game over.
                            I don't see how it is a game over if you can still use previous releases. Also, there are some technologies that are impossible to use with Win7 like Dx12 and the Dx12 extension for Raytracing. If it is a game for consoles, mobile and mac, ofc those doesnt matter but again the more time pass, more restricted you are when using an outdated OS, with no support from Microsoft anymore, which means any issues with gpu drivers won't be fixed by vendors or issues in the engine won't be fixed by Epic if the root cause is on the outdated OS. At some point, the drop of the support will happen.
                            Nilson Lima

Comment

I don't see how it is a game over if you can still use previous releases. Also, there are some technologies that are impossible to use with Win7 like Dx12 and the Dx12 extension for Raytracing. If it is a game for consoles, mobile and mac, ofc those doesnt matter but again the more time pass, more restricted you are when using an outdated OS, with no support from Microsoft anymore, which means any issues with gpu drivers won't be fixed by vendors or issues in the engine won't be fixed by Epic if the root cause is on the outdated OS. At some point, the drop of the support will happen.
                              what do you think would happen, if we'd tweet that to our customers, out of which 50% are still using Win7 for one reason or another?

Comment

Dropping WIn7 creates problems for our marketplace items. We won't be able to test beyond 4.24. As for Win7 being unsupported by Microsoft, that's not a big deal. Win7 has been very reliable for us and it's familiar and stable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The lack of DX12 is not really a killer. Android many of the other platforms listed as being supported by UE4 don't have DX12 either.

Comment

Working...
                                X