This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Verify files or reinstall, they were missing for me as well on one computer and not on another, so I had to verify it on the non functional one. Something is going wrong with the launcher.

i fixed itself, got a luncher update requiering to log again + auto repair of 4.25 install and it's all good now !

Originally posted by KristofMorva View Post
    A few weeks ago (using the master branch) I did go over this in our project, and it wasn't painful. I had to rename them, and change Cast calls to something else, maybe PropertyCast, or something like that.
    Appart from the UProperty to FProperty nothing to change for my plugins ( full game may need additional work but thats good ! )
    Would be intresting in more info in the change from UObject based to separate class

Actually the rename is not mandatory as they did a typedef to handle smooth port
    they also reimplemented a big part of gennerated code + UObject interface to help transition ( i guess some will be removed progressively )
    But what the goal / implication ? i can imagine Smaller metadata, less allocation / memory used too + better reflection perf maybe ( meaning faster load in editor/ some cases ) Any UE dev insight on that would be great !

Comment

"Improved Convert-to-Blueprint. When creating a Blueprint from multiple selected Actors in the Level Editor, you can now make a Blueprint with a single master Actor that has one Child Actor Component for each of the Actors you selected. This means that you can now save groups of Actors to a single Blueprint and place those Actors around your Level, or in other Levels, by dropping in (or spawning) just one Blueprint."

Oh god... No... Please no...

Comment

so... For me I have to be a new user to try 4.25. As a new user, I needed to install codeworks again to see android devices and use adb etc. FYI 4.25 uses ndk 21, so you also need to download and install that, https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads

So Download Folder, unzip somewhere(I put with other codeworks jazz) and in Unreal project settings point to folder, ie: C:/NVPACK2/android-ndk-r21.

Quest and Android projects Build and Launch for me now.
        First build will be loooong, as Unreal downloads a ton of new stuff, see whats happening it your output log.

Cheers
        Last edited by rasamaya1; 03-06-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Niagara is not very intuitive inside the node constructor. Need some lessons please.

Comment

We need the data table row copy function, which is a very important and practical function, because localizing the data table and adding data will bring huge trouble and time consumption

Comment

Thanks for your hard work, Epic!!

Comment

I've noticed something different about the version you download from the epic launcher when compared to 4.24. After switching the project version from 4.24 -> 4.25.0, and right clicking the .uproject file to generate a new visual studio project.

When I open this visual studio project and do a `Build -> Build solution` everything is fine

But if I do a clean `build -> clean solution` (or possibly a `build -> rebuild solution`) a bunch of .target files in the Win64 directory get deleted and it fails with this error.

1>Parsing headers for GameProject
                1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unhandled exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealHeaderTool.target'.
                1> File name: 'D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealHeaderTool.target'
                1> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Maybe they always used to get deleted but for some reason they aren't being rebuilt.

You can easily bring the files back by selecting `verify` in the epic launcher and re-downloading them

Before a build clean the `'D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64` contains 893 items after a build clean 876 items

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this

Comment

Nice release guys. Can you add optix denoiser to pathtracing render? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by crushforth View Post
                    I've noticed something different about the version you download from the epic launcher when compared to 4.24. After switching the project version from 4.24 -> 4.25.0, and right clicking the .uproject file to generate a new visual studio project.

When I open this visual studio project and do a `Build -> Build solution` everything is fine

But if I do a clean `build -> clean solution` (or possibly a `build -> rebuild solution`) a bunch of .target files in the Win64 directory get deleted and it fails with this error.

1>Parsing headers for GameProject
                    1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Unhandled exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealHeaderTool.target'.
                    1> File name: 'D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealHeaderTool.target'
                    1> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Maybe they always used to get deleted but for some reason they aren't being rebuilt.

You can easily bring the files back by selecting `verify` in the epic launcher and re-downloading them

Before a build clean the `'D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64` contains 893 items after a build clean 876 items

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this
                    i had this issue too trying to build a c++ function library as well.
                    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

These people are amazing how they improve Unreal Engine so constantly.

Comment

Howcome there is still no option to read shapefiles or osm files ?

Comment

For some reason Unreal Insights does not work at all for me with a source build of 4.25 preview. Live sessions are not showing up and the trace is cut off after 10 seconds. Submitted a bug, hopefully it can be fixed since this is rather important to work..
                          Last edited by Zeblote; 03-08-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

how many times do they have to say CHAOS WONT BE IN THE ENGINE UNLESS YOU COMPILE FROM SOURCE.
                            It was compiled from source and not working properly on 4.24.3, as many users reported and Victor confirmed. You may feel free to take your Ritalin now.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-chaos/page26
                            Last edited by THEAETIK; 03-08-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEAETIK View Post

It was compiled from source and not working properly on 4.24.3, as many users reported and Victor confirmed. You may feel free to take your Ritalin now.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-chaos/page26
                              This is 4.25 release forum NOT 4.24.............. LOL 4.24 didn't even have chaos mentioned in release notes. ..... victor confirms chaos won't be in 4.25 either unless compiled from source. go take my what? get lost kid.

03-05-2020, 03:53 PM
                              Originally posted by scha View Post
                              Anything new about Chaos in 4.25?
                              Its not there.
                              • Flag
                              • Like0

1 comment
                              Last edited by frostic; 03-09-2020, 03:58 AM.
                              Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

This is 4.25 release forum NOT 4.24.............. LOL 4.24 didn't even have chaos mentioned in release notes. ..... victor confirms chaos won't be in 4.25 either unless compiled from source. go take my what? get lost kid.

03-05-2020, 03:53 PM
                                Originally posted by scha View Post
                                Anything new about Chaos in 4.25?
                                Its not there.
                                • Flag
                                • Like0

1 comment
                                Victor not true. I tried the compile it does not work.

Comment

Working...
                                X