X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTJC View Post
    Excited to jump into 4.25

Seems it gets hung up before fully installing. I tried running launcher as admin and installing that way as well with same result.
    I get the following error after it fails to install for a bit:

"Install Failed

The installation is corrupt. Please contact support.

Error Code: IS-BV03"
    Try , logging out and logging in as a new user or administrator. Then it worked for me. Annoying, but the cost of being an earlybird.

Comment

Originally posted by brad.blackbourn View Post
      I'm confused about the whereabouts of the Microsoft Mixed Reality Toolkit plugin. I can't find it.
      I noticed the XR updates blurb changed so I'm wondering if it was pulled???

The XR updates used to read...

Hololens 2. Unreal now supports App Remoting from a desktop app without Unreal Editor running.We also added the Mixed Reality Toolkit UX Tools plugin for Unreal, which includes a set of UX tools (button, manipulator, finger pointer, far interaction) to accelerate development. Developers can now use simulated hands in Unreal Editor to test out mixed reality apps directly in the viewport. We also added OpenXR support displaying pixels on HL2, late stage reprojection, enabled mixed reality capture from a 3rd person camera view, and eliminated render target copies for the frame, depth, and 3rd camera render buffers, which should reduce latency by 2 ms/frame.

now it reads....

Hololens 2. Unreal now supports App Remoting from a desktop app without Unreal Editor running. We also added OpenXR support displaying pixels on HL2, late stage reprojection, enabled mixed reality capture from a 3rd person camera view, and eliminated render target copies for the frame, depth, and 3rd camera render buffers, which should reduce latency by 2 ms/frame

What's the situation?
      Hey bblackbo, the plugin will be made available shortly after the full 4.25 release!

Comment

Hope it doesn´t crash for me as often as 4.24 did, 4.23 was the last time unreal rand without crashing every 10 minutes, maybe theres a problem on my end. Still hyped for the update though, keep it up
        My first Asset: Physics Collision Sound

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
          So I assume updating our code for the new FProperty won't be as simple as just replacing UProperty with FProperty everywhere, or will it?
          I am also curious about this!

Comment

Supports app bundles. What a blessing!

Comment

yea i uninstalled 4.25 preview, I Couldn't get anything to work, also i noticed the first time it installed it only downloaded 1gb of data, and like 4 the second time. I'm guessing the server was not sending all the files and failing...
              Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Hello when you add CHAOS Destruction inside Launcher ?

Comment

Originally posted by Til YAli View Post
                  Hello when you add CHAOS Destruction inside Launcher ?
                  It will not be in it any time soon. you have to compile from source and enable it that way.
                  Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
                    So I assume updating our code for the new FProperty won't be as simple as just replacing UProperty with FProperty everywhere, or will it?
                    Originally posted by VaultedSky View Post
                    I am also curious about this!
                    A few weeks ago (using the master branch) I did go over this in our project, and it wasn't painful. I had to rename them, and change Cast calls to something else, maybe PropertyCast, or something like that.
                    Last edited by KristofMorva; 03-06-2020, 05:54 AM.
                    Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                    LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                    Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed that all the bugs I am waiting for to be fixed have been moved from Target Fix 4.25 to Target Fix 4.26... That's specifically UE-80268, UE-68705, UE-86169, UE-74492:

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-80268
                      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-68705
                      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-86169
                      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-74492
                      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Thanks for update NIAGARA and Cinematic

Comment

It only took 21 years to add one of the most basic features. But finally us animators can check the curves in the engine

Comment

this bug is massive to my project and has moved to 4.26, i wish i'd never updated to 4.24

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-86156

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

Its not there.
                              Chaos demo is for 4.23,4.24?

Comment

Any word on chaos? I need it for project of mine thats coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X