X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by frostic View Post
    fix the bugs. WE PRAY FOR THAT DAY.
    But... preview releases are all about testing and bug fixing, so everyone would get a stabilized engine once the final release happens.
    4.25 has 7 preview releases already, almost 2 months focused mostly on bug fixing and tweaking features. Tons of fixes every day. If GitHub mirrors changelists live some fixes committed during weekends, probably some people are crunching to make things done. And they are slowed down by working remotely.

It feels weird to read statements like "not enough bug fixes" in this topic which is all about bug fixes.

Or reading suggestions "stop adding features, fix bugs only". The problem is, if they wouldn't add features, that means engineers would go work elsewhere - why keep hundreds of programmers in the company if only a few needed to fix critical bugs? - and engine development would practically stop. There wouldn't be even the next engine version to support new/updated platforms, no features you need to stay competitive. And bugs would be still there.

[edited upon mod request - fixed so it wouldn't feel like offending anyone]
    Last edited by Moth Doctor; 04-23-2020, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pop-eye View Post
    Using 4.25 preview 7. I have tried to compile for Android, armv7 builds fine. But arm64 I continually get the following errors and the build fails for both APK and AAB. I tried on a different PC with same issue.

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): [5/7] MyProject-arm64.so
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: FMemory::Malloc(unsigned long long, unsigned int)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): >>> referenced by MyProject.cpp:4 (C:/unreal/MyProject/Intermediate/Source\MyProject.cpp:4)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): >>> C:/unreal/MyProject/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/MyProject/MyProject.cppa8.ooperator new(unsigned long))

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: FMemory::Free(void*)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): >>> referenced by MyProject.cpp:4 (C:/unreal/MyProject/Intermediate/Source\MyProject.cpp:4)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): >>> C:/unreal/MyProject/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/MyProject/MyProject.cppa8.ooperator delete(void*))
    this won't be fixed until the release of 4.25. the engine is undergoing a HUGE change and everything is broken. but maybe in 3 years they will stop adding features and
    fix the bugs. WE PRAY FOR THAT DAY.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Using 4.25 preview 7. I have tried to compile for Android, armv7 builds fine. But arm64 I continually get the following errors and the build fails for both APK and AAB. I tried on a different PC with same issue.

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): [5/7] MyProject-arm64.so
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: FMemory::Malloc(unsigned long long, unsigned int)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): >>> C:/unreal/MyProject/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/MyProject/MyProject.cppa8.ooperator new(unsigned long))

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ld.lld: error: undefined symbol: FMemory::Free(void*)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): >>> C:/unreal/MyProject/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Development/MyProject/MyProject.cppa8.ooperator delete(void*))

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I reported the skylight slider being unusable as a bug but was told it was by design. Moving the slider one pixel increases the value from 0 to 47.(same thing on the directional light moves it from 0 to 0.71)
    https://i.imgur.com/8VOOKRL.mp4
    Just curious if anyone has actually used the skylight intensity slider in recent versions instead of typing in numbers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Project link for lightmass problem https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nm7guahegywr0k/Demo.zip?dl=0

More dark spots as you increase lightmap resolution. DanielW

Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 04-19-2020, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what is maximum jdk version that we can use with ue4 4.25 ?
    first time i use jdk 14 and i cant export my android project with this version
    now i am using 1.8.0_77 and 4.25 work correctly with this version

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...al-engine-4-25
    this page does not have information about jdk in 4.25
    Last edited by Farshid; 04-19-2020, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed in 4.25 a new error started happening.

Can't use hidden enum values as parameter defaults.

And game trace channels are marked as hidden.

What are we supposed to do in 4.25 and on for default params for game trace channels?

Code:
        ECC_GameTraceChannel1 UMETA(Hidden),
        ECC_GameTraceChannel2 UMETA(Hidden),
        ECC_GameTraceChannel3 UMETA(Hidden),
        ECC_GameTraceChannel4 UMETA(Hidden),
        ECC_GameTraceChannel5 UMETA(Hidden),
    Right now in 4.24, it actually works fine. My custom collision channels configured within the engine appear as enum values. And when I try to call a C++ function with this default param from Blueprint, the default param is correctly set to the custom collision profile.

Code:
    UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, BlueprintNativeEvent, Category = "Damage", meta = (WorldContext = "WorldContextObject"))
        bool ApplyRadialDamage(const UObject* WorldContextObject,
            float DamageMultiplier,
            float RadiusMultiplier,
            const FVector& Origin,
            AActor* DamageCauser,
            AController* InstigatedByController,
            ECollisionChannel DamagePreventionChannel = /*FCollisionConstants::Instance.DamageIgnoreNonSolidTraceChannel*/ ECC_GameTraceChannel2) const;
    https://imgur.com/a/lbI6hyc
    Last edited by illYay; 04-19-2020, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AI issues

1) Environment Query System setting was reset to off after upgrading. Prevented me from opening EQS files and would get errors like [2020.04.18-14.51.09:773][131]LoadErrors: Warning: CreateExport: Failed to load Outer for resource 'EdGraphPin_0': EnvironmentQueryGraphNode_Option /Game/

2) AISystem.cpp is now firing off the following checks. It was working in 4.24. Have no idea why at this stage. - check(BlackboardDataToComponentsMap.FindPair(&BlackboardData, &BlackboardComp) == nullptr); Looks like it's comparing nullpointers and return that value. Need to investigate more.

AI now behaves differently. Going to be fun working that out...

Update: the check macros seems to be firing due to a change in how component and registered and unregistered. Still looking into it.
    Last edited by Bino; 04-19-2020, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi
    I noticed that ServerTravel works without the Seamless check box ticked in the game mode!
    I'm on P6 atm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lightmass is not usable. (Reported)

Lot's of artifacts on organic meshes with high tri count.

Interactive comparison: https://imgsli.com/MTQ2OTQ

Hi @Tim Hobson This is likely to appear in the final release as I don't see anything about it in issue tracker. It'll hold us back from moving projects to 4.25. Please have a word with someone about it. Thanks.

Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 04-17-2020, 05:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aussieburger View Post

so stereo layers even if added newly in 4.25 don't work?
    This is fixed in preview 7. I didn't know preview 7 was out. I was testing on P6

Yep. i tried to add them in my project, saved closed the engine, upon reopening
    the project can no longer load giving errors saying something about expected stereo layer component but got stereolayer(type) instead I posted it in this forum somewhere the error it gives.

Object StereoLayerShapeCylinder StereoLayerShapeCylinder_0 created in Package instead of StereoLayerComponent <--------

Full error below

removing the stereo layers from the pawn still caused these errors until i loaded each map and built lighting and saved to
    kinda force the map to recreate its build data.

even after that if i add a stereo layer and set it to ANY mode it crashes the project with these same errors.

Spoiler

i made a bug report but can't even find it... I think they deleted my bug report as you can't even search for it LOL.....

So this only happens if the project was made in 4.24 then converted to 4.25...
    making a clean 4.25 vr project does NOT cause this issue.
    it seems converting from 4.25 is leaving some bad juju in maps made in 4.24...
    Last edited by frostic; 04-17-2020, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it is the stereo layers in your pawn, go into your pawn and remove them. then open EVERY map in your game and build lighting then save then open your project in the NEW engine. DONT add a stereo layer or it will crash your project again.
    Thanks for the suggestion. But, there are no stereo layers in my pawn. Never have been. Also not in the MotionControllerPawn that i used for testing this issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied

it is the stereo layers in your pawn, go into your pawn and remove them. then open EVERY map in your game and build lighting then save then open your project in the NEW engine. DONT add a stereo layer or it will crash your project again.
    so stereo layers even if added newly in 4.25 don't work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by maxbrown View Post

Tested 4.25.0p7: a brand new VR template project builds & launches nice now on Quest. Great this is fixed now.
    One problem though: old/converted projects still crash like before. Have to investigate more whats causing this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MPLEX VR View Post

Sorry just to be clear, which part isn't fixed yet in 4.25 preview? The 2D Scene Capture component or mouse cursor leaving VR screen issue?
    Both.............

Leave a comment:

Working...
X