Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The self-shadowing in the POM shader is broken as of 4.24.

Comment

Is it possoble to reinstall preview 5? Preview 6 broke hair groom simulation and also area lights are really weird. Cannot get soft shadows for pointlights either. Ambient occlusion us not working as well.

do I have to go to github to get preview 5?

Comment

Originally posted by RicarDog View Post
        There is no "iOS" option under File -> Package Project, even though I have the iOS platform installed in the options. Does anyone else have this issue?
        Same here. I also tried using the ProjectLauncher, but it returns "ERROR: The IOS platform is not supported fromt his engine distribution".
        iOS platform is installed for the engine, previous 4.24 works fine with same project settings.
        It does show up in the menu in the MacOS version.

Another issue:
        On MacOS UE4.25 became very very CPU hungry and less responsive.
        (Quadcore i7 at 70% usage, empty project, not compiling or building light, all cocked and built. Latest MacOS and XCode
        MacBookPro 15inch, within hardware specs. RAM and GPU fine, only CPU under heavy load.)

Seems unnatural, not an issue with previous versions.
        Anyone else experiencing this on MacOS?
        Last edited by NobbigvonL; 04-10-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

let's talk about light channels!
          4.25 Preview 6

admittedly i have a lot of lights in my scene [is there a limit per light channel or something, that could explain the below issue?]
          The Issue:
          I have a Rect light on channel 01 on and a ground plane as well as a glass windscreen which has NO light channel attributed to it. is my thinking wrong but if it does not have light Channel 01 set as its flag it should not receive the light emmited from the light source on Ch 1?

No matter what light channel I put my lightsource on [and same for the windscreen] the rectangulat light still hits the windscreen. Only by turning off the light source does the reflection
          go...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NobbigvonL View Post

On MacOS UE4.25 became very very CPU hungry and less responsive.
            yes excessively high CPU demand on MacOS with 4.25.
            Something's wrong there.

Comment

depth of field or focus distance does not support glass objects ? (4.25 p5)

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
                depth of field or focus distance does not support glass objects ? (4.25 p5)
                it seems to be working on these 2 glasses. i think your shader has it turned off for that one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_25.png
Views:	2019
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1743973
                Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Get following output from SetupAndroid.bat when following latest Android setup steps from https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...al-engine-4-25.
                  Any suggestions?

Code:
                  Android Studio Path: "K:\Android\Android Studio"
                  Android Studio SDK Path: K:\Android\Sdk
                  Current user path: "[REMOVED]"
                  ERROR: Invalid syntax. Default option is not allowed more than '2' time(s).
                  Type "SETX /?" for usage.
                  Added K:\Android\Sdk\platform-tools;K:\Android\Sdk\tools to path
                  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/annotation/XmlSchema
                          at com.android.repository.api.SchemaModule$SchemaModuleVersion.<init>(SchemaModule.java:156)
                          at com.android.repository.api.SchemaModule.<init>(SchemaModule.java:75)
                          at com.android.sdklib.repository.AndroidSdkHandler.<clinit>(AndroidSdkHandler.java:81)
                          at com.android.sdklib.tool.sdkmanager.SdkManagerCli.main(SdkManagerCli.java:73)
                          at com.android.sdklib.tool.sdkmanager.SdkManagerCli.main(SdkManagerCli.java:48)
                  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSchema
                          at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:604)
                          at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
                          at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
                          ... 5 more
                  Update failed. Please check the Android Studio install.

Comment

Originally posted by ValorCatStudios View Post
                    preview 5 and 6 are behaving very strangely ray-traced shadow wise.... none of my lighting from preview 4 works the same.... especially directional lights in a new level arent casting sharp shadows, and an intensity of 1 barely does anything....
                    Similar (or same) here. p6's shadow covers entire of terrain in ray-trace (or no direct shadow but indirect light only?). Does anyone figure out how to manage it?

EDIT: it seems like directional light in Movable mode does not show direct light and its sharp direct shadows. I tried to change to Stationally mode and static mesh shows shadow but proceduraly generated meshes are not showing their sharp direct shadows and direct light such as RMC and instanced foliages which worked fine in 4.24. And still I cannot roll back to p4.
                    Last edited by lvglvglvg; 04-13-2020, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Anyone knows is that submit crash report even reaches to Epic that is generated by Unreal when crash occurs and when i decide to press send button?. Thanks.
                      tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

• VictorLerp commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, we receive the crash reports. Make sure to add any additional notes if you have them!

Hello, how i can setup Android with 4.25? I did all steps:
                      https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...al-engine-4-25
                      and i have SDK, NDK but i did not find JDK and i cannot package, Accept SDK licence.

Comment

ue4 4.25 p5 bug
                        save as new level problem
                        does not save built lighting data

Comment

4.25 p5 level migrate problem
                          i want migrate only one level to new project
                          but ue4 migrates all levels in project!!!

Comment

Hello Developers from Unreal Engine 4 - I found the BUG in Preview 6 - I am making mobile game for Android. I bought this asset pack https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...uct/mutant-rat - I made AI from this mesh, I added animations from this asset pack, I compile for Android with no errors at all - even on PC are no errors - and weird bug - the rats on Android phone are INVISIBLE, they still run around and collide with world and got collisions with world and FPS character but they are invisible on Android phone meanwhile they are visible on PC!!! While compiling no any issues no errors, no warnings - it compiles even APK OBB fine! But I cannot make a game with this bug when AI or other enemy characters are invisible on Android phones!! Devs - PLEASE FIX IT this weird bug!!!
                            Kind Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by scientist129 View Post
                              Hello Developers from Unreal Engine 4 - I found the BUG in Preview 6 - I am making mobile game for Android. I bought this asset pack https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...uct/mutant-rat - I made AI from this mesh, I added animations from this asset pack, I compile for Android with no errors at all - even on PC are no errors - and weird bug - the rats on Android phone are INVISIBLE, they still run around and collide with world and got collisions with world and FPS character but they are invisible on Android phone meanwhile they are visible on PC!!! While compiling no any issues no errors, no warnings - it compiles even APK OBB fine! But I cannot make a game with this bug when AI or other enemy characters are invisible on Android phones!! Devs - PLEASE FIX IT this weird bug!!!
                              Kind Regards!
                              The best thing you could do is file a bug report but you might need to provide more detailed information than what you provided here. Also if you are working on a game that is not only serving the purpose of testing a preview release, you probably should be using a final release version of UE4 (4.24.3) and not a preview one.

Comment

Working...
                              X