This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post
    4.25p0. Depth test is broken for separate translucency pass, when its screenpercentage is set to anything other than 100.

Would appreciate, if anyone could kindly confirm or deny said behavior on lastest preview version, for it is not on known issues list and it is a disaster of unseen scale if it makes that way into release.
    I can confirm it exists in all previews from 1 to 6. Showstopper bug.
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 04-08-2020, 01:52 PM.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I can confirm it exists in all previews from 1 to 6. Showstopper bug.
      Thanks, Nilson.

Depth test is broken for separate translucency pass, when its screenpercentage is set to anything other than 100.
      VictorLerp This should be escalated. It is a catastrophic regression.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post

Thanks, Nilson.

VictorLerp This should be escalated. It is a catastrophic regression.
        I didn't even dare to test if DSR features are OK, takes a long time to test this and I am already trying to figure other things which seems broken, but I can't tell for sure yet.
        Nilson Lima

Comment

Files missing in build using 4.25 preview 6

You can see these files in the folders and they work in editor and everything however when building it give errors that the files are missing...
          For some reason from 4.25 preview 5 to preview 6 It is not finding all files even though you can see them and use them in editor....
          WHAT A STRANGE BUG

this issue only seems to NOT find Material instances even if they are there in the folder and being used??? LOL I want to cry now.

NilsonLima Does it do this to you too?

Code:
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_M': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_M': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_N': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_N': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_R': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_R': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_RMA': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_RMA': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_DefaultAlpha_1024_O': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_DefaultAlpha_1024_O': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_AO': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_AO': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_B': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_B': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_E': Can't find file.
          PackagingResults: Warning: While loading '../../../../../WLS_HELIX/StyxVR 4.25/Content/Materials/Instances/MI_Art_1_01.uasset' failed to load '/Game/Drums/newdrums/Textures/Defaults/T_Default_1024_E': Can't find file.

how to reproduce this issue?

make a material instance and duplicate it then in each material instance change the texture it uses, save all then build. the material instances can no longer find the textures that was applied in the instance, but the materials work in editor, you can see they are assigned, but once building it can't, and game shows as default GRID textures after compile.

nope still broken.
          Last edited by frostic; 04-08-2020, 05:55 PM.
          Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
            Files missing in build using 4.25 preview 6

You can see these files in the folders and they work in editor and everything however when building it give errors that the files are missing...
            For some reason from 4.25 preview 5 to preview 6 It is not finding all files even though you can see them and use them in editor....
            WHAT A STRANGE BUG

this issue only seems to NOT find Material instances even if they are there in the folder and being used??? LOL I want to cry now.

NilsonLima Does it do this to you too?

Spoiler

how to reproduce this issue?

make a material instance and duplicate it then in each material instance change the texture it uses, save all then build. the material instances can no longer find the textures that was applied in the instance, but the materials work in editor, you can see they are assigned, but once building it can't, and game shows as default GRID textures after compile.

nope still broken.
            Gotta check this, were not testing packaging yet, but this is so basic that is almost unbelievable this is happening. Ofc I trust your competence on reporting this Once I finish some stuff I will get onto this.
            Nilson Lima

Comment

Gotta check this, were not testing packaging yet, but this is so basic that is almost unbelievable this is happening. Ofc I trust your competence on reporting this Once I finish some stuff I will get onto this.
              in editor:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_17.png Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	1743137

Compiled game:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_18.png Views:	0 Size:	458.8 KB ID:	1743138

the only way i could fix this issue is to add the materials and textures again to overwrite them...........that is not a good thing. I lost all my custom edits -.-
              now i got a week worth of manually swaping out my textures with the custom ones. Thanks epic
              Last edited by frostic; 04-08-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Directional light is not working when using raytracing, i have to uncheck cast raytracing shadows for it to work.

The same thing is with sun and sky system.

If you open the archviz template with raytracing enabled there are no shadows.

How can i make it work?

Comment

in editor:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_17.png Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	1743137

Compiled game:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_18.png Views:	0 Size:	458.8 KB ID:	1743138

the only way i could fix this issue is to add the materials and textures again to overwrite them...........that is not a good thing. I lost all my custom edits -.-
                  now i got a week worth of manually swaping out my textures with the custom ones. Thanks epic
                  It worked fine for me, but just for the sake of confirming my steps:

1) created a material with 3 parameters: Texture Object Parameter, Texture Parameter 2D and Texture Parameter Cube (the 3 types just to understand if it was happening with a particular one)
                  2) set the textures inside the material for a default texture (engine built ones)
                  3) placed a cube inside level
                  4) created a instance and changed the default textures (all 3) using the start content textures and applied to the placed cube
                  5) placed a second cube inside level
                  6) duplicated the material instance by selecting the first instance at the content browser and typed Ctrl+W
                  7) changed the textures for the 2nd instance (originally the ones 1st instance) to different ones using the start content textures and applied the copy to the second cube
                  8) packaged for Windows 64bit (build configuration = Development)

Visually both are the same. I will upload the sample project in a bit.
                  Last edited by NilsonLima; 04-09-2020, 10:10 AM.
                  Nilson Lima

Comment

frostic follow the download link for the test project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OL...ew?usp=sharing

I would recommend try packaging in your system and see if it works.

If it works, we can deduce that migration from a previous release to 4.25 is somehow messing something, and in this case you will probably need to strip out most of the content from your project and create a bug submission form, explaining the release you used and that migrating it to 4.25 shows this weird behavior.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Hey, anyone who brings in Groom Hairs- did you ever notice that the groom comes in flipped L to R? almost like if it was in a mirror.
                      Like if in your host app you made a front part combed from L to R, it will come in combed R to L.
                      You can tweak once in engine, but just was wondering if anyone else saw or noticed that.

Comment

Undo/Redo & Play in Editor break once i bring up the color wheel to change the color of a comment or macro, even if color wheel window is closed via OK or X with the message:

"(Can't undo while 'Edit Comment Color' is in progress)"
                        or
                        "Can't play in Editor when performing edit comment color operation"

Have to restart the editor to make UNDO & REDO work again, very annoying
                        Last edited by doomsdαy; 04-09-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

frostic follow the download link for the test project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OL...ew?usp=sharing

I would recommend try packaging in your system and see if it works.

If it works, we can deduce that migration from a previous release to 4.25 is somehow messing something, and in this case you will probably need to strip out most of the content from your project and create a bug submission form, explaining the release you used and that migrating it to 4.25 shows this weird behavior.
                          The instances was made in 4.25 preview 5 then in 4.25 preview 6 they broke. it took about 9 hours to manually fix them but
                          still. I think this did not happen to you because the instances i made was made in the last preview and then after updating they broke.
                          but making new ones in preview 6 you are correct, there is no issue. the issue was updating from p5 to p6 sadly.
                          Last edited by frostic; 04-09-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

The instances was made in 4.25 preview 5 then in 4.25 preview 6 they broke. it took about 9 hours to manually fix them but
                            still. I think this did not happen to you because the instances i made was made in the last preview and then after updating they broke.
                            but making new ones in preview 6 you are correct, there is no issue. the issue was updating from p5 to p6 sadly.
                            Yeah, that seems possible. Hopefully this project of yours is not a live one, because such thing could happen again, thou it is not a common thing to happen, but there are specific situations where changes inside the engine could cause it during previews and should never happen between releases.
                            Nilson Lima

Comment

preview 5 and 6 are behaving very strangely ray-traced shadow wise.... none of my lighting from preview 4 works the same.... especially directional lights in a new level arent casting sharp shadows, and an intensity of 1 barely does anything....

Comment

Any idea when 4.25.0 is coming out?

Comment

Working...
                                X