Clear All

Originally posted by HARBEK View Post
    4.24 7 formats
    4.25 3 formats. Why?

Epic is droping OpenGL ES 2 support on android

Comment

Originally posted by DanH71 View Post

Hi DamirH,

can ou expand on how to set this kind of material up please? Managed to find the 'Thin Translucent Material' from the palette but have no further idea how to integrate this into my existing material?
      it has an input for a transmittance colour but not sure what goes into what here
      it is for a glass headlight.

thanks for any guide on this.

Best
      Dan

EDIT** found the shading model 'thin translucent' option on my material node. but not sure on how to go about integrating this into my exisitng material for my headlight. any help woul be appreciated.
      Hi Dan,

To use the Thin Translucent shading model, do the following:
      • Open your Material and in the Details panel, set the Shading Model to Thin Translucent
      • In your Material Graph, add the Thin Translucent expression node.
      • Plug your base color or color texture into the Thin Translucent expression.
      • On the main Material node, use the roughness, metallic, and opacity values (like you normally would) to control the rest of the tinted material.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ThinTranslucent.png
Views:	2129
Size:	490.2 KB
ID:	1738775

This is a test image I created when trying it out. The right is using a traditional translucent material that is not physically accurate. The left is the Thin Translucent shading model. I don't have UE4 up to grab a screen shot of the material at the moment. Very simple to set up something like this using the instructions I listed above, which is what the ones in this image are using.

Hope this helps.
      Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
      UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

Hi Dan,

To use the Thin Translucent shading model, do the following:
        • Open your Material and in the Details panel, set the Shading Model to Thin Translucent
        • In your Material Graph, add the Thin Translucent expression node.
        • Plug your base color or color texture into the Thin Translucent expression.
        • On the main Material node, use the roughness, metallic, and opacity values (like you normally would) to control the rest of the tinted material.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ThinTranslucent.png
Views:	2129
Size:	490.2 KB
ID:	1738775

This is a test image I created when trying it out. The right is using a traditional translucent material that is not physically accurate. The left is the Thin Translucent shading model. I don't have UE4 up to grab a screen shot of the material at the moment. Very simple to set up something like this using the instructions I listed above, which is what the ones in this image are using.

Hope this helps.
        Hi Tim,

many thanks for getting back. Tried what I believe you suggest.
        However can't seem to get a result. I attach a screenshot to see if there is something i am doing wrong.

I notice that without plugging my texture sample node into the materials BaseColor or Opacity inputs I get no visible feedback in the preview window. Even though I do get this feedback when doing so, when applied to geometry I get no visible affect.

Have I misunderstood something here?

thanks for your help. Looking forward to getting it to work as i'd like to get it working as a layer of oil as you get on car headlamps..I'm guessing i would need two materials and two seperate mesh actors for such a thing [one material for the glass headlamp cover mesh and one materials for the thin film material and single surface mesh]?

Many thanks
        Dan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kwt1wr72e...rans_.png?dl=0

provided a link to dropbox due to the file size limit on here.

Comment

"Fixed! UE-86045 Initial overlaps aren't populated by BeginPlay "

Not fixed in preview 4.
          Checking the commit shows that code was moved into a function, with no changes to the functionality of the code.
          Test in editor confirms issue still remains.

Comment

Does Unreal 4.25 have any support for using DMX to control virtual lights?

Comment

DanH71 Here's a quick example. As for the headlights you'd just need one mesh since the material gives you an extra input, simulating a thin film on top.

ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                DanH71 Here's a quick example. As for the headlights you'd just need one mesh since the material gives you an extra input, simulating a thin film on top.
                thankyou The_Distiller! got it working thanks to your screenshot in a new level but in my working raytraced scene with post process volume no joy [well at least not visibly].
                I show two shots one shows the PPV on the second I disabled the PPV and the thins translucency is visible.
                This shows [i have really bad UVs on the headlamp cover] and that something in my ppv is messing with the result. I ticked through the ppv settings and other than turning it off completely no other parameter seemed to affect the scene in the viewport and allow the thin trans material applied geo to be visible..

will keep looking but would be grateful for any ideas.
                I attach the PPV settings..sections are collapsed where there is nothing turned on within

cheers
                Dan

Attached Files

Comment

Ray traced translucency breaks the shader. Switching it back to raster should fix it.
                  ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

This one is pretty obvious and may have been reported. The curve editor for anim sequences doesn't render curves properly with splines. No matter what type of curve you use, it always looks like linear curves. Also as you scroll around and a key goes out of the viewport, the line suddenly jumps to point in a different direction.

Comment

Hey guys, when i try to open one of my projects from 4.21 and 4.24 i get a crash:

Assertion failed: ClosestTriangleBaseIdx != INDEX_NONE [File:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/ClothingSystemRuntimeCommon/Private/Utils/ClothingMeshUtils.cpp] [Line: 272]

E4Editor_Core
                      UE4Editor_Core
                      UE4Editor_ClothingSystemRuntimeCommon
                      UE4Editor_ClothingSystemRuntimeCommon
                      UE4Editor_SkeletalMeshUtilitiesCommon
                      UE4Editor_MeshBuilder
                      UE4Editor_MeshBuilder
                      UE4Editor_Engine

Do you need some additional info on that one?
                      or is it a known issue - Converting SK cloth meshes from previous versions to 4.25?
                      I tested with Preview 4. Double checked the data back ion previous version. Even if i try to drag/reimport the same FBX in content browser crash with msg above.
                      Last edited by PolyPhorie; 03-31-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Hello, is the landscape layers considered as stable in 4.24.3, or should i wait for 25 before including this into my project. Because that thing sounds really awesome. the question i'm asking to myself, do i continue, or go back a bit to jump better

Comment

Another issue with the curve editor.

When I copy paste keys it pastes them at the current play location. It's not possible to set the play location to negative times or times past the end of the animation.

So if I copy a key that is at a negative time I can't paste it in another curve at a negative time.

It would be nice if there's an option to paste a key at the exact time it was copied from as opposed to from the current play location.

Also there are these little blue markers I haven't yet figured out the purpose of. If the red play head is at position 0 and the blue marker is at position 0, it's impossible for me to drag the red play head since it always selects the blue marker instead. And also the first blue marker doesn't let me set its position. It always moves back to 0. I have to manually hit play to force the red play head marker to move a bit, pause, and then I can drag the play head.

The play head also doesn't snap, so if I want to paste keys at the play head location, as is the only way now, I still have to drag the key after to snap it to a precise location later.

Also zooming doesn't seem to work right. It's way too zoomed in on the y axis. Hitting zoom to fit doesn't help. My y axis is in increments of .001 which makes it impossible to look at a curve that goes from 0 to 1. I did manage to fix the zoom by closing the curves tab and reopening it by selecting edit curve again.

Oh, I also just noticed closing and opening the curves tab fixed the curve rendering. It now renders curves with splines correctly instead of always rendering as linear.

I can't wait for this new curves editor though! I've been wanting this for years. It's looking great.
                          Last edited by illYay; 03-31-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 5 for 4.25! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.25 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the original post in this thread.

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

Fixed in Preview 5
                            Fixed! UE-91160 Editor Analytics can crash if the session is created late
                            Fixed! UE-91318 Events were sent from Crash Reporter after Editor Usage Data is disabled.
                            Fixed! UE-91009 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!FAnimInstanceProxy::InitializeRootNode(bool) [AnimInstanceProxy.cpp:201]
                            Fixed! UE-90989 Anim timeline does not pan view on Notify track
                            Fixed! UE-90334 Animation Performance Issues Caused by FProperty Changes
                            Fixed! UE-89228 Changing skeleton bone's transforms does not update or behave as expected
                            Fixed! UE-82678 Crash on applying animation modifier for some assets
                            Fixed! UE-67609 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!CropRawTrack() [animsequence.cpp:1798]
                            Fixed! UE-91227 Crash when closing the animation timeline document tab while editing curve
                            Fixed! UE-84544 4.24 Spatial Audio Temple - Detected orphaned looping sound
                            Fixed! UE-90913 Mix Modulation assets are white squares
                            Fixed! UE-91280 Crash in Dynamics Processor
                            Fixed! UE-88249 Audio: Timesynth: Calling Stop twice on a timesynth component can lead to a lock
                            Fixed! UE-90968 Performance regression with IntelTBB
                            Fixed! UE-91040 Stompmalloc crash opening another project in editor using File > Recent Projects
                            Fixed! UE-87834 NullRHI command line parameter doesn't work when compiled with VS2019
                            Fixed! UE-91015 FInsightManager prevents Editor from exiting on restart
                            Fixed! UE-91177 Editor Unreal Insights creates a malformed EditorLayout.ini, StartPage defined and duplicated Area entries
                            Fixed! UE-91087 Network Insights Exclusive Bit size is not computed correctly
                            Fixed! UE-91067 Select All without a packet selected does not select all packets in Network Insights
                            Fixed! UE-91150 int64 UProperty with ExposeOnSpawn meta tag won't compile.
                            Fixed! UE-90775 Launcher C++ template project is prompted to install a C++ Desktop development workload after previously installing Visual Studio
                            Fixed! UE-91251 UGS Script on Mac fails to compile - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                            Fixed! UE-89755 Fails to run packaged game when enabling Editor only plugin
                            Fixed! UE-89756 ShooterGame fail to package | System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '...\ShooterGame\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts'.
                            Fixed! UE-90745 Manual recompile is needed after creating C++ Class in Blueprint Project
                            Fixed! UE-90841 Preview 3 GitHub build fails to generate project files on home PC
                            Fixed! UE-89722 Fail to launch project with Niagara, NiagaraExtras and Chaos Niagara plugin | Unable to load plugin 'NiagaraExtras'
                            Fixed! UE-90936 Project Launcher's Default Profiles do not build C++ projects in Launcher Builds, causing extra required setup
                            Fixed! UE-90771 M_Volumetric_Sky_Prototype Material has compile errors
                            Fixed! UE-91320 Add Product Configurator Template to 4.25
                            Fixed! UE-64808 Event graph does not focus when adding Event from details panel
                            Fixed! UE-86045 Initial overlaps aren't populated by BeginPlay
                            Fixed! UE-90523 Converting udatasmith asset to blueprint class crashes - Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 674] Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0
                            Fixed! UE-91136 Converting attached actor to blueprint detaches it from its parent
                            Fixed! UE-90981 Crash when recompiling with intermediate build graph tab open
                            Fixed! UE-91214 BP breakpoints cause multiple tabs to be open for the same function
                            Fixed! UE-90090 Rotating Movement Component doesn't work in a Standalone game if added to an instance in the level
                            Fixed! UE-91097 NetTrace requires both -NetTrace and -Trace to be enabled
                            Fixed! UE-87915 WebBrowser crashes when typing any character at text input field in Mac OS X catalina (10.15.3)
                            Fixed! UE-90925 Crash opening QA-Sequencer
                            Fixed! UE-91200 Importing UDIM fails check on Linux
                            Fixed! UE-91054 Python errors when opening QAGame
                            Fixed! UE-82076 Animated Noise Emissive does not animate as expected
                            Fixed! UE-86001 Android: Mali G72 Device Crashes Opening TM-ShaderModels for Fatal Error in vkCreateComputePipelines
                            Fixed! UE-89864 Landscape has overlapping and missing faces on Android
                            Fixed! UE-64085 Use new DXGI to enumerate adapters by gpu preference
                            Fixed! UE-90725 Crash when assigning a Source Texture to a Volume Texture
                            Fixed! UE-90657 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-MetalRHI!FMetalRHIBuffer::AllocLinearTexture(EPixelFormat, FMetalLinearTextureDescriptor const&) [MetalVertexBuffer.cpp:338]
                            Fixed! UE-90612 GitHub 6784 : Vulkan LLM improvements: track spare and render target memory
                            Fixed! UE-91011 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!UMaterial::GetScalarParameterValue(FHashedMaterialParameterInfo const &,float &,bool) [Material.cpp:2083]
                            Fixed! UE-91076 Crash: UE4Editor-RenderCore.dll!ValidateShaderParameters(const TShaderRefBase<FShader,FShaderMapPointerTable> & Shader, const FShaderParametersMetadata * ParametersMetadata, const void * Parameters)
                            Fixed! UE-91029 Ensure when placing 'Groom' asset into scene in DX12
                            Fixed! UE-89990 Multiple ShadowCulling automation tests fail with screenshot differences on DX12
                            Fixed! UE-91258 Crash when compiling material instance after swapping texture in the parent material
                            Fixed! UE-91058 Cascade Particles Are Rendering Offset From Their Original Location On Android
                            Fixed! UE-90934 Lighting follows player movement in Blueprint Office sample
                            Fixed! UE-90987 [CrashReport] static void AddHairStrandMeshProjectionPass(class FRDGBuilder & const, class FGlobalShaderMap *, const bool, const int, const struct FHairStrandsProjectionMeshData::Section & ...
                            Fixed! UE-91248 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-HairStrandsCore!UGroomComponent::PreEditChange(FProperty *) [GroomComponent.cpp:1576]
                            Fixed! UE-71461 Niagara Systems stop rendering when a Static Mesh parameter is added to Particle Update
                            Fixed! UE-88208 Remove vertex colors from static mesh crashes the editor
                            Fixed! UE-90844 Niagra Plugin causing QAGame project compile failure
                            Fixed! UE-91014 Editor crashed when Emitter State is added to Niagara Emitter and issued an Undo command
                            Fixed! UE-90926 Niagara Crashing in Fury during compile of system
                            Fixed! UE-91277 Fix inconsistency with error and warning display.
                            Fixed! UE-91111 Undoing/Redoing renaming a Module to its source name will show that the source name is also the display name
                            Fixed! UE-91070 Users can't create collision trace channel module inputs
                            Fixed! UE-91063 Editor crashes when clicking Enable Simulation Stages on and off with error: "Can not refresh children on an entry after it has been finalized"
                            Fixed! UE-91059 Crash fixing issues in Content Example's TextureSampling_System
                            Fixed! UE-89899 MutiEventRibbons test fails due to screenshot mismatch
                            Fixed! UE-88588 Fixed bounds workflow improvements
                            Fixed! UE-88587 Try to clean up collision module to not need manual static switch for GPU/CPU
                            Fixed! UE-89516 Initializing a parameter of type "Object" in the stack leads to a crash
                            Fixed! UE-89361 The particle simulation stage module usage bitmask flag should be enabled by default
                            Fixed! UE-89105 Dynamic input graphs incorrectly complain about parameter map param references
                            Fixed! UE-91148 Crash creating a new parameter on Map Set by drag/dropping a pin from a Map Get that was copy/pasted from a different graph
                            Fixed! UE-91207 Entering a name for User Parameters on creation in a System does not stick
                            Fixed! UE-90990 Buttons in Niagara Emitter creation menu appear greyed out while still being usable
                            Fixed! UE-91281 Inherit velocity does not work on Mesh Triangle mode
                            Fixed! UE-91141 Crash when deleting all the Particle Spawn and Update modules from an emitter
                            Fixed! UE-91286 Determinism only works on CPU version of some mesh sampling operations
                            Fixed! UE-91294 Localspace output needs to be correctly handled on local position in skeletal mesh location
                            Fixed! UE-85309 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!FStaticMeshSceneProxy::GetDynamicRayTracingInstances(FRayTracingMaterialGatheringContext &,TArray<FRayTracingInstance,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> > &) [StaticMeshRender.cpp:1549]
                            Fixed! UE-91271 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-Engine!FInstancedStaticMeshSceneProxy::GetDynamicRayTracingInstances(FRayTracingMaterialGatheringContext &,TArray<FRayTracingInstance,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> > &) [InstancedStaticMesh.cpp:1200]
                            Fixed! UE-85303 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-D3D12RHI!FD3D12DynamicRHI::RHICreateUniformBuffer(void const *,FRHIUniformBufferLayout const &,EUniformBufferUsage,EUniformBufferValidation) [D3D12UniformBuffer.cpp:106]
                            Fixed! UE-85843 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-D3D12RHI!D3D12RHI::VerifyD3D12Result(long,char const *,char const *,unsigned int,ID3D12Device *) [D3D12Util.cpp:263]
                            Fixed! UE-85765 Unreal Engine crash running DX12 on AMD with assertion referencing WindowsD3D12PipelineState.cpp
                            Fixed! UE-86062 DX12 crash when fullscreen app looses focus.
                            Fixed! UE-87288 ShaderDrawDebug causes GPU restart on AMD
                            Fixed! UE-81499 Support Vulkan on UseSingleLayerWaterIndirectDraw
                            Fixed! UE-81243 Enable Virtual Texturing in MetalRHI
                            Fixed! UE-90756 Crash when using Share Material Shader Code and Native Metal Libs with r.Shaders.Optimize=0
                            Fixed! UE-90870 KiteDemo packages crash on Mac with Assert: Height <= GMaxTextureDimensions
                            Fixed! UE-90852 4.25 Editor from EGL requires shaders to be compiled when opened
                            Fixed! UE-90485 Crash running Niagara+Rendering Engine Test with Vulkan RHI
                            Fixed! UE-91107 UE4 Editor Build Failure: error C4668: 'WINAPI_PARTITION_GAMES' is not defined as a preprocessor macro, replacing with '0' for '#if/#elif'
                            Fixed! UE-89999 Crash Occurs When Infiltrator Demo Ends On Linux
                            Fixed! UE-89971 Multiple Error:Validation warnings during EngineTest with Vulkan
                            Fixed! UE-88248 ShaderCompileWorker terminates unexpectedly when launching to Android from Mac
                            Fixed! UE-82458 D3D12RHI keeps increasing uniform buffer memory with "stat RHI"
                            Fixed! UE-87881 [CrashReporter] UE4Editor-D3D12RHI!FD3D12DynamicRHI::LockBuffer<FD3D12VertexBuffer>(FRHICommandListImmediate *,FD3D12VertexBuffer *,unsigned int,unsigned int,EResourceLockMode) [D3D12Buffer.cpp:289]
                            Fixed! UE-91196 "Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:Runtime/Core/Public/Containers/Array.h] [Line: 674] Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0" Occurs When Opening QAGame With -opengl On Linux
                            Fixed! UE-89235 Overwriting Merged actors with Merge Materials and Opacity Mask enabled crashes the editor
                            Fixed! UE-87472 Entering experimental Mesh Paint Mode paint mode disables mouse viewport nagivation
                            Fixed! UE-87473 Autosave forces experimental Mesh Paint Mode back into Selection mode
                            Fixed! UE-90575 Crash when adding a duplicate LiDAR Point Cloud Asset to a level
                            Fixed! UE-91008 [CrashReport] SPlacementModeTools::OnKeyDown(FGeometry const&, FKeyEvent const&) [in UE4Editor-PlacementMode.dylib]
                            Fixed! UE-91240 [CrashReport] UE4Editor-MaterialEditor!FMaterialEditor::GeneratorRowsRefreshed() [MaterialEditor.cpp:1068]
                            Fixed! UE-91165 Editor crash selecting next texture from menu bar, Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
                            Fixed! UE-91052 Releasing any of the mouse buttons in PIE results in the camera moving to the bottom right
                            Fixed! UE-88330 Experimental Mesh Paint's Brush Size scales inconsistently compared to Geometry Sculpting
                            Fixed! UE-88323 Selecting different experimental Mesh Paint tools on the ribbon breaks Undo without clearing Transaction Buffer
                            Fixed! UE-90288 UE Crashes with Unhandled Exception when closing UE via taskbar while VR mode is active
                            Fixed! UE-91166 Paint tool in textures tab of experimental Mesh Paint tool is not grayed out when the selected mesh has no valid textures
                            Fixed! UE-91199 Crash when painting on an unsaved texture
                            Fixed! UE-91325 Selecting Meshes in Mesh Paint Mode Is Laggy
                            Fixed! UE-90554 Ensure scrolling through the Content Browser while filtering for blueprint
                            Fixed! UE-82951 DataPrep - Create Proxy Mesh discrepancy with merge actor
                            Fixed! UE-91186 Editor for Linux fails to build with SDataprepGraphTrackNode.cpp Error:const bool bStillOutOfScope = bCursorLeftOnLeft && DragTrackPosition.X < SoftwareCursorPos.X
                            Fixed! UE-90429 Mesh Substitution Data Table type from Dataprep is still available (operation does not exist anymore)
                            Fixed! UE-90408 Crash on running Proxy Mesh generation in Dataprep
                            Fixed! UE-91201 Dataprep - importing folder creates folders for each assets
                            Fixed! UE-77248 Collaborative Viewer - Refresh button doesn't appear if windows resize
                            Fixed! UE-91329 Crash adding an actor to a Variant Sets without Variant - Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 674] Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0
                            Fixed! UE-90892 STEP group names are incorrect after import.
                            Fixed! UE-91110 Landscape Grass renders offset from Landscapes
                            Fixed! UE-91164 Ensures referencing TickableEditorObject.h:81 and FBX import modules
                            Fixed! UE-91232 USD Stage - Crash opening a scene with large number of vertices - Fatal error: [File:Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/GenericPlatform/GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 186] Ran out of memory allocating 39422240073 bytes with alignment 0
                            Fixed! UE-91109 Multiple "LogLandscape: Warning: Shader FTrivialMaterialCHS unknown by landscape thumbnail material" when using Engine Content Landscape_Material
                            Fixed! UE-91080 Texture edit view doesn't show virtual texture layers correctly
                            Fixed! UE-91276 crash on edit normals if mesh has duplicate triangles
                            Fixed! UE-91000 Multiuser nodes are not found in VPN
                            Fixed! UE-89128 Re-Opening Game After Trying to Add a Cooked Material to a Level Results in a Crash
                            Fixed! UE-90939 Spawnable empty actor loses components after editor restart
                            Fixed! UE-91252 Filter window does not open in Curve Asset Editor
                            Fixed! UE-91300 Crash When Opening a DataTable Based Off a Struct With a Timecode Variable
                            Fixed! UE-91262 Importing camera FBX into subsequence loses focal length
                            Fixed! UE-87717 Exporting Audio when window is not focused causes audio to cut out when played back
                            Fixed! UE-91153 Interacting with Editor Viewports over Remote Desktop snaps mouse cursor to upper-left corner of display
                            Fixed! UE-85110 VR Scouting - Can not hold grip on Camera for re-location
                            Fixed! UE-90740 VR Scouting and Multi-User cause NaN error and possible crash
                            Fixed! UE-90748 Flying doesn't work in VR scouting (tested on Oculus only)
                            Fixed! UE-90781 DMX: Controllers have a default Universe Start of 0
                            Fixed! UE-91191 Fix clock offsets for livelink evaluation modes to have smooth latest
                            Fixed! UE-91130 Vcam - Virtual Joystick widget V2 is available in 4.25 while it's scheduled for 4.26
                            Fixed! UE-89367 LiveLink data freezes when Timecode goes back in time.
                            Fixed! UE-91041 Play button greyed out if DisplayCluster initialization failed
                            Fixed! UE-91147 Entering VR Mode warns virtual production users about modes UI
                            Fixed! UE-90727 AzureSpatialAnchors for remoting does not work
                            Fixed! UE-90868 Packaging project fails with a UAT crash when OculusAvatar plugin is enabled
                            Fixed! UE-91217 WindowsMixedRealityHMD.cpp(35): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'HoloLensModule.h'
                            Fixed! UE-91195 Hololens - input simulator active and crashes in vr preview
                            Fixed! UE-91170 GitHub 6804 : Fix bug in Windows Mixed Reality when using a SpatialStageFrameOfRefe?
                            Fixed! UE-88711 VR Mode Vive touch pad no longer scrolls smoothly
                            Fixed! UE-89646 UE4 Failed to compile default material /Engine/EngineMaterials/WorldGridMaterial.WorldGridMaterial! for a new VR Project on HoloLens
                            Fixed! UE-89150 Assertion fail: GDefaultMaterials[Domain] When Launching Onto Lumin
                            Fixed! UE-90310 Oculus Touch Menu Button Input Not Received When Set In Action Mapping
                            Fixed! UE-91210 Hololens - restore wmr/hololensar plugin dependency direction to previous

Comment

Does anyone have a guide on how to get this version working with the Oculus Quest?

Comment

Originally posted by ImmersiveMatthew View Post
                                Does anyone have a guide on how to get this version working with the Oculus Quest?
                                We can get the project to send to headset successfully. So no errors building/cooking etc. This requires a bunch of file transfers discussed earlier. When running on quest it crashes right way. Epic is aware of this. I don't think it was fixed in preview 5, but you could try but it failed on 4 and there was no mention of the quest fix. I am curious if its been logged as official bug or not? Better to wait for the Oculus build anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X