This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

just jumped shop to 4.25 preview with an existing project and low and behold it now looks very different to how it it did before. I know there has been changes to Exposure overall and I probably shouldn't have jumped the gun in hindshight.

looking here
    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...posure-in-4-25

i see that there is a hidden value AutoExposureBiasBackup that can if i understand correctly bring my original settings back. Does anyone know how i access and activate this?

many thanks
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
        • Thin Transparency. We have a new Shading Model for Thin Transparency that enables you to achieve PBR tinted and colored transparent objects, such as tinted glass. Use the Thin Transparency shading model and the Thin Transparency expression in the Material graph to set up and use this type of material.
      Finally!
      Hi DamirH,

can ou expand on how to set this kind of material up please? Managed to find the 'Thin Translucent Material' from the palette but have no further idea how to integrate this into my existing material?
      it has an input for a transmittance colour but not sure what goes into what here
      it is for a glass headlight.

thanks for any guide on this.

Best
      Dan

EDIT** found the shading model 'thin translucent' option on my material node. but not sure on how to go about integrating this into my exisitng material for my headlight. any help woul be appreciated.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DanH71; 03-25-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Ported one of my c++ projects but unfortunately there is an issue with my Visual Studio 2019, it constantly restarts and is unusable

Comment

After updating to 4.25.0 preview 4, reflection captures are causing the level to be super bright.
          To reproduce, create a new level and add a streaming level with no lights. Add a single point light with default settings. Add 1 Sphere Reflection Capture. Everything seems fine. Now add another Sphere Capture and everything is blown out. This seems to be linked to the auto exposure but I have that turned off in the project settings. I didn't notice this in previews 2 and 3.

Is this a bug or is there a setting I need to track down and change?
          Here's a screenshot of the Sequencer demo scene with just one point light and two sphere reflection captures:

Comment

Originally posted by Nupaul View Post
            Ported one of my c++ projects but unfortunately there is an issue with my Visual Studio 2019, it constantly restarts and is unusable
            I can confirm this issue. I am not sure whether it is related to VS2019 or Resharper plugin, however It was not happening in previous previews.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylonxe View Post

I can confirm this issue. I am not sure whether it is related to VS2019 or Resharper plugin, however It was not happening in previous previews.
              Based on this I just tried disabling Resharper, Visual Studio 2019 no longer restarts or crashes but Visual Studio is showing syntax error all throughout source code. And it cannot seem to resolve some of the classes from the engine. Build will succeed but a Rebuild fails.

Comment

Originally posted by iMachine1 View Post
                After updating to 4.25.0 preview 4, reflection captures are causing the level to be super bright.
                To reproduce, create a new level and add a streaming level with no lights. Add a single point light with default settings. Add 1 Sphere Reflection Capture. Everything seems fine. Now add another Sphere Capture and everything is blown out. This seems to be linked to the auto exposure but I have that turned off in the project settings. I didn't notice this in previews 2 and 3.

Is this a bug or is there a setting I need to track down and change?
                Here's a screenshot of the Sequencer demo scene with just one point light and two sphere reflection captures:
                Its not the reflection captures. its the skylight in combination with directional lights. when compiled they look super bright in engine, then super dark in a game build sadly.
                event the direction of the directional light is messed up and can sometimes if pointed at the right angle seems to shine from under the map going UP even when the light direction is down....
                Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Based on this I just tried disabling Resharper, Visual Studio 2019 no longer restarts or crashes but Visual Studio is showing syntax error all throughout source code. And it cannot seem to resolve some of the classes from the engine. Build will succeed but a Rebuild fails.

Never use rebuild on a preview engine. always use Clean then build and NEVER try to compile from inside the engine in 4.25 from the button. it will somehow corrupt your project when it fails to build lol

Comment

no consoles at this time can use VS2019 stick with VS2017 for now. its recommended by unreal to use 2017 atm and by me...

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

no consoles at this time can use VS2019 stick with VS2017 for now. its recommended by unreal to use 2017 atm and by me...
                      Thanks! I will install 2017 until 2019 is officially supported on the newer release. Using 4.24.3 I never had any issues, but I will stick to the recommended environment to save myself the heart ache

Comment

guys, if I download the preview edition, do I need redownload anything from start again if the stable version available? or I just need update it like updating from 4.x.1 to 4.x.2 (not redownload anything from start?)

Comment

4.24 7 formats
                          4.25 3 formats. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

Its not the reflection captures. its the skylight in combination with directional lights. when compiled they look super bright in engine, then super dark in a game build sadly.
                            event the direction of the directional light is messed up and can sometimes if pointed at the right angle seems to shine from under the map going UP even when the light direction is down....
                            They must be in the middle of refactoring the lighting when they pushed this preview out then. I tested with a single point light and two sphere reflection captures only. The scene I tested didn't have a directional light or sky light. It gets super bright after building the lighting and back to normal when the reflection captures are deleted from the level.

Comment

Metallic objects are emitting light in a completely dark room with no lights using RTGI.

Comment

Hi everyone.

While trying to package for android on 4.25 I'm getting a bunch of the following.

Code:
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error:
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: GetSuperClass() [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 1515]
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6a2e9f49 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe68d54606 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9c9079 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9c8fc5 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9bacd5 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6ba0a1ed UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b8b8efc UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b8b3a2c UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b8b325e UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9f9f12 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe65a839e7 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6592505f UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe65927b79 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe65934db3 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe657a0da1 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe657cbaeb UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac4436ea UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac43b86c UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac43bbda UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac44e369 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac45044a UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffee3297bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffee4eaced1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: end: stack for UAT
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: ClassDefaultObject [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 1519]
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6a2e9a79 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe68d54635 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: GetSuperClass() [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 1494]
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6a2e8ea9 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe68d546d6 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9c9092 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: ClassDefaultObject [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 1498]
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6a2e8f89 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe68d54705 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                Code:
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error:
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: ClassDefaultObject [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/BlueprintGeneratedClass.cpp] [Line: 1498]
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6a2e8f89 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe68d54705 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9c9092 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9c8fc5 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9bacd5 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6ba0a1ed UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b8b8efc UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b8b3a2c UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b8b325e UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6b9f9f12 UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe65a839e7 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe6592505f UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe65927b79 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe65934db3 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe657a0da1 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe657cbaeb UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac4436ea UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac43b86c UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac43bbda UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                PackagingResults: Error: begin: stack for UAT
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac44e369 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6ac45044a UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffee3297bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffee4eaced1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)):   LogOutputDevice: Error: end: stack for UAT

Anybody else getting this?
                                DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X