Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a speed test in 2 hours with Groom Niagara Physics in 4.25/3.
    Groom is getting better & better , only mirror doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by StyleMarshal View Post
      Did a speed test in 2 hours with Groom Niagara Physics in 4.25/3.
      Groom is getting better & better , only mirror doesn't work.

Is this test using realtime raytracing?
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

1. The UMG Webbrowser can't update web page some times, when modified web page's content.
        2. And when display's resolution over 4k, it not refresh well(I have a page there is a div display time, this div well flash every second).
        3. When will the media player support to play RTSP Streaming?

Comment

Realtime raytracing , I got about 40-50 fps on a RTX 2080ti.

Last edited by StyleMarshal; 03-17-2020, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
            frostic Looks like the " UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'Launch'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in Launch.build.cs to override." bug has been fixed in Preview 3, I got a successful packaged build!
            thanks for the heads up!

NOT Fixed! UE-86191 "Scene Capture Component 2D" Causes Big Performance Dip In VR

Fix is on its way! worked with the devs to get this bug squashed! can't wait for the release!

Work around if anyone needs it.
            before compile go into your
            WindowsEngine.ini and add these lines.
            these settings work in 4.20 to 4.25 confirmed.

you will only get 25fps using this "Work Around" in 4.25 there is a serious regression in this component. in 4.24 you get 45fps so it is even worse in 4.25....
            but at least the major lag of 3FPS will be gone.

Code:
            [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
            r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod=2
            r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethodForceOverride=True
            Last edited by frostic; 03-18-2020, 02:59 PM.
            Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Hello. When I'm trying to build for Android I'm getting this error.

'UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Intermediate\Android\gradle\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml' because it is being used by another process.'
              I've reinstalled UE 4.25 but still the error persist.

Comment

Originally posted by butavpaul View Post
                Hello. When I'm trying to build for Android I'm getting this error.

'UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Intermediate\Android\gradle\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml' because it is being used by another process.'
                I've reinstalled UE 4.25 but still the error persist.
                try going into processes in task manager and close ALL programs that have to do with ue4. even the stub one and reporting tool etc.
                then open it and compile. also go into your project folder, rightclick the project folder, goto options, uncheck read only, then apply to all files and subfolders, restart your pc then try again

Comment

StyleMarshal Which is the number of "Max. Bounces" set into your postprocess volume (inside section Ray Tracing Reflections) ? The default is 1 and maybe it needs a higher value for you to be able to see the hair reflections. Make sure the checkbox for "Include Translucent Objects" is checked.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Updated to 4.25.0p3, Also Packaging Failed Error when trying to build for Oculus Quest.

Same for brand new 4.25.0.X project and 4.24 converted project to 4.25
                    Code:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "D:\....\Intermediate\Android\armv7\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug
                    Updated Android already by going to c:\NVPack\Chooser and let it update everything

Comment

NilsonLima : Thx for the Info , I tried all raytracing settings , also Pathtracer. I rendered with Octane for UE4 but no luck. I guess it's to early , still experimental.

Comment

can't wait for the full release! finally, the Android App bundle is here.

Comment

Still no Chaos in 4.25 P3. Downloading the source now. Could someone give me an explicit method of compiling?

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

try going into processes in task manager and close ALL programs that have to do with ue4. even the stub one and reporting tool etc.
                            then open it and compile. also go into your project folder, rightclick the project folder, goto options, uncheck read only, then apply to all files and subfolders, restart your pc then try again
                            Hi. Thank you for your reply. Still the same problem. Not solved

Comment

The new material layers system is BRILLIANT. I'm happy to see it's getting a fix or two. The faster it can be nailed down as the default, the better!

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                                Still no Chaos in 4.25 P3. Downloading the source now. Could someone give me an explicit method of compiling?
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...o-enable-chaos

do same steps in this post, then compile using VS 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X