Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug, undo doesn't work for material instance parameter changes, just message popup, value stays unchanged. Recorded clip: https://streamable.com/ggjxz, submited bug report just now.

Comment

After switching to 4.24, tessellation on the landscape disappeared. I returned tessellation by unchecking the “default falloff” checkbox in the landscape settings. In 4.23.1 everything worked like that, is that a mistake? Tessellation works, but I want to know why and how it will affect the project as a whole?

Comment

Fonts in graph editors seem to stretch in 4.24, is it an intended change or a display bug on my end? Does this happen to anyone else? I have 1920x1200 res, so I'm not sure.
        It's mostly visible on the function names, e.g. the "Return Node" here: https://imgur.com/a/mACIrD9

Comment

Originally posted by DownToCode View Post
          Hiiiiiiiii!!!

Hopefully, somebody can help me with this as for the life of me I can't figure out what it could be

So I'm updating my Email Plugin for releasing the 4.24 version on the marketplace and it builds fine and I can package for Windows no problem. When I try to package for android I get this:

C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9.x/../../../../aarch64-linux-android/bin\ld: cannot find C:/Users/symon/Desktop/EmailPluginDev/Plugins/EmailPlugin/Source/ThirdParty/lib/Android/arm64-v8a: Permission denied
          clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Now obviously the plugin links to a static library which works fine for 4.21 to 4.23 but in 4.24 it seems to have some issues with getting permission to access the folder in which the android static library lives. I tried looking into the following:
          - Making sure the AndroidWorks doesn't need to be updated
          - Build for various SDK versions (no luck)
          - Checking read-only permissions on all the plugins subfolders and files

4.24 also prompts you with these messages while building:
          [Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
          [Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
          [Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
          [Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...WYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
          [Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting 'DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;' in EmailPluginDev.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.

And I already tried to see if any of the above makes a difference and no luck yet.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
          Sooooo I loveeee this (sarcastic tone).

If anybody encounters the same issue here is what happens.
          For some perfectly valid reason (even more sarcastic), only while building for android, if you try to use PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add(PATHTOLIBRARY) inside your Build.cs file to link against a library the name of the library gets stripped away from the full path that should be used while building. So what you end up having is a path to a folder and unreal will complain that it cannot be found/permission denied. Just to be clear if you have something like this PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add("Some\\Path\\To\\AFile\\File.a"), the path that will be used is "Some\Path\To\AFile".

The solution is to obviously add another pair of "\" followed by something random like this: PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add("Some\\Path\\To\\AFile\\File.a\\Random"); at which point the correct path gets used.

Makes perfectly sense ahahaha (this doesn't happen in previous versions)
          DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

Comment

PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add("Some/Path/To/AFile/File.a");
            Always use forward slash.
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
              Always use forward slash.
              Thanks for the suggestion, I will switch to use forward slashes. Unfortunately though, even when I use forward slashes the behaviour is the same. I can't compile unless I add another / followed by something.
              DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                Fonts in graph editors seem to stretch in 4.24, is it an intended change or a display bug on my end? Does this happen to anyone else? I have 1920x1200 res, so I'm not sure.
                It's mostly visible on the function names, e.g. the "Return Node" here: https://imgur.com/a/mACIrD9
                It isn't just you, happening here as well. It isn't a big issue but kinda distracting. I always end up trying to keep it at proper zoom :\. Also similar thing happened at 4.23 too but after zooming in/out fixed itself.
                HeadsAndBrains
                MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

I have reported the SSGI AO bug on release day but still isn't listed on issue tracker.
                  It's specially important because enabling SSGI removes all screen space AO from lit mode view.

Are you aware of this Epic?
                  Artstation
                  Join the support channel
                  Gumroad Store

Comment

Hi,

I upgraded directly from 4.22.3 (I would have upgraded to 4.23.x but it contained a bug that broke my project) - but I think I have found a regression added in either 4.23.x or 4.24.x with regards to FArchive handling.

The below code worked fine in 4.22.3 to serialise and restore a UObject from a stream of bytes:

Code:
                    struct FEstSaveGameArchive : public FObjectAndNameAsStringProxyArchive
                    {
                        FEstSaveGameArchive(FArchive& InInnerArchive)
                            : FObjectAndNameAsStringProxyArchive(InInnerArchive, true)
                        {
                            ArIsSaveGame = true;
                            ArNoDelta = true;
                        }
                    };

void UEstSaveStatics::RestoreLowLevel(UObject* Object, TArray<uint8> Bytes)
                    {
                        FMemoryReader MemoryReader(Bytes, true);
                        FEstSaveGameArchive Ar(MemoryReader);
                        Object->Serialize(Ar);
                    }

void UEstSaveStatics::SerializeLowLevel(UObject* Object, TArray<uint8>& InBytes)
                    {
                        FMemoryWriter MemoryWriter(InBytes, true);
                        FEstSaveGameArchive Ar(MemoryWriter);
                        Object->Serialize(Ar);
                    }
                    Code on GitHub: https://github.com/alanedwardes/Estr....cpp#L450-L462

This did not work after upgrading to 4.24.0 - specifically the RestoreLowLevel method did not restore all SaveGame UPROPERTY members as expected in Shipping/DebugGame builds (it instead zeroed them - so floats set to zero, bools false etc). It did not happen in the editor builds, the members were restored as expected.

I found the below workaround to make this work in 4.24.0:

Code:
                    void UEstSaveStatics::RestoreLowLevel(UObject* Object, TArray<uint8> Bytes)
                    {
                        FMemoryReader MemoryReader(Bytes, true);
                        FObjectAndNameAsStringProxyArchive Ar(MemoryReader, true);
                        Object->Serialize(Ar);
                    }

void UEstSaveStatics::SerializeLowLevel(UObject* Object, TArray<uint8>& InBytes)
                    {
                        FMemoryWriter MemoryWriter(InBytes, true);
                        FObjectAndNameAsStringProxyArchive Ar(MemoryWriter, true);
                        Ar.ArIsSaveGame = true;
                        Ar.ArNoDelta = true;
                        Object->Serialize(Ar);
                    }
                    Code on GitHub: https://github.com/alanedwardes/Estr....cpp#L440-L454

The RestoreLowLevel method doesn't work if you set ArIsSaveGame = true or ArNoDelta = true, but only in Shipping/DebugGame builds, in editor builds it restores the UPROPERTY members maked with SaveGame as expected.

Regardless of whether I should be setting those booleans when restoring or not, the difference in behaviour between shipping / editor builds is a bit worrying!

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nicat View Post

It isn't just you, happening here as well. It isn't a big issue but kinda distracting. I always end up trying to keep it at proper zoom :\. Also similar thing happened at 4.23 too but after zooming in/out fixed itself.
                      Thanks for the confirmation. I've reported this via bug report form, just in case if it's a non intentional display bug.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem when I'm trying to use Real-Time Ray Tracing in 4.24. It was working fine until my win10 updated today. Now when I'm trying to open my project that uses ray tracing it crashes with this error:
                        Code:
                        Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000048
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        nvwgf2umx
                        D3D12
                        D3D12
                        dxgi
                        dxgi
                        dxgi
                        dxgi
                        dxgi
                        dxgi
                        dxgi
                        UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                        UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                        UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                        UE4Editor_RHI
                        UE4Editor_RHI
                        UE4Editor_RHI
                        UE4Editor_RHI
                        UE4Editor_Core
                        UE4Editor_Core
                        UE4Editor_RenderCore
                        UE4Editor_Core
                        UE4Editor_Core
                        kernel32
                        ntdll
                        Does anyone know what is causing it and how to fix it?

Comment

I get error when compiling from source. Click image for larger version

Name:	u424err.PNG
Views:	840
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1697067

Comment

Originally posted by Nikus42 View Post
                            Hi Everyone,
                            I just update my 4.23 project to 4.24, all is allright, editor works well , compilation is ok with visual studio 2017, but when I lunch (F5) the game, a crash occured in the WinMain :
                            Code:
                            Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Internationalization/ICUInternationalization.cpp] [Line: 153]
                            ICU data directory was not discovered:
                            ../../../MyPlugin/Content/Internationalization
                            ../../../Engine/Content/Internationalization
                            If I reverse my project in 4.23, all is working well.
                            Any Idea?
                            I develop a plugin, if I started a new empty project and add my plugin, all is ok.

Comment

Is anyone using latest version 4.24 on Mac (MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) OS Catalina 10.15.1) ? Because I am getting crash when I try to build the map - https://pastebin.com/DPtndzZ8

Comment

Has anyone managed to get SSGI and AO working? AO stops working

Comment

Working...
                                X