Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there some information about how to set up Sparse Class Data somewhere?

Comment

Does anybody know why bSingleLayoutPass in the Performance category was removed from the widget ScaleBox in 4.24? I need it so my frame rate will go above 15fps.
      Last edited by Sarlack; 12-09-2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

So SSGI does not work with Forward rendering correct?

Comment

Horror of horrors.... Can't undo changes in material instances. The message appears but the values don't go back.

Comment

I'm also having no success trying to do a Chaos build of 4.24.0. I've downloaded the 4.24.0-release branch via Git, and added
            Code:
            bCompileChaos = true;
            to Engine/Source/*.Target.cs, but I'm getting the failure below. I'm trying to make an installed build using:
            Code:
            Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT.bat BuildGraph -target="Make Installed Build Win64" -script=Engine/Build/InstalledEngineBuild.xml -clean -set:WithWin64=true -set:WithLinux=true -set:WithServer=true -set:HostPlatformDDCOnly=false -set:WithWin32=false -set:WithMac=false -set:WithAndroid=false -set:WithIOS=false -set:WithTVOS=false -set:WithLinuxAArch64=false -set:WithPS4=false -set:WithXboxOne=false -set:WithSwitch=false -set:WithLumin=false -set:WithLuminMac=false -set:WithHoloLens=false
            It looks like it's trying to mix Chaos and PhysX types, so I thought perhaps Chaos isn't fully integrated in this release and not meant to work, but then there are references to some new Chaos features in the 4.24 release notes.

Code:
              ** For UE4Editor-Win64-DebugGame + UE4Editor-Win64-Development
              Module.GeometryCollectionEngine.cpp
              C:/UE/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1948): error C2440: 'initializing': cannot convert from 'FPhysScene *' to 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface *'
              C:/UE/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1948): note: Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
              C:/UE/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1949): error C2027: use of undefined type 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface'
              c:\ue\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\experimental\chaossolvers\public\PBDRigidsSolver.h(64): note: see declaration of 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface'
              C:/UE/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1952): error C2039: 'GetScene': is not a member of 'FPhysScene_PhysX'
              C:\UE\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\Physics/PhysicsInterfaceUtils.h(11): note: see declaration of 'FPhysScene_PhysX'
              Module.Engine.10_of_45.cpp
              C:\UE\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h(286): error C2664: 'uint32 FindFaceIndex(const FHitLocation &,const FVector &)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'ChaosInterface::FSweepHit' to 'const FHitLocation &'
              C:\UE\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h(286): note: Reason: cannot convert from 'ChaosInterface::FSweepHit' to 'const FHitLocation'
              C:\UE\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h(286): note: No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
              C:\UE\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h(286): error C2789: 'FaceIdx': an object of const-qualified type must be initialized
              C:\UE\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\PhysicsSQ\Public\SQVerifier.h(286): note: see declaration of 'FaceIdx'
            BUILD FAILED:  failed, retries not enabled:
            AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
            BUILD FAILED

Comment

I can also confirm that I cannot build with Chaos enabled.

Comment

Can't wait to test new features!

Comment

I built the engine from source without Chaos enabled.
                  I then compiled with bCompileChaos=true;
                  I have this error
                  PHP Code:
                  1> [308/2734Module.GeometryCollectionEngine.cpp 1>Z:/Unreal Engine Repository/4.24/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1948): error C2440'initializing'cannot convert from 'FPhysScene *' to 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface *' 1Z:/Unreal Engine Repository/4.24/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1948): noteTypes pointed to are unrelatedconversion requires reinterpret_castC-style cast or function-style cast 1>Z:/Unreal Engine Repository/4.24/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1949): error C2027: use of undefined type 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface' 1z:\unreal engine repository\4.24\engine\source\runtime\experimental\chaossolvers\public\PBDRigidsSolver.h(64): notesee declaration of 'Chaos::FPhysScene_ChaosInterface' 1>Z:/Unreal Engine Repository/4.24/Engine/Source/Runtime/Experimental/GeometryCollectionEngine/Private/GeometryCollection/GeometryCollectionComponent.cpp(1952): error C2039'GetScene'is not a member of 'FPhysScene_PhysX' 1Z:\Unreal Engine Repository\4.24\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\Physics/PhysicsInterfaceUtils.h(11): notesee declaration of 'FPhysScene_PhysX' 
                  http://unrealdeveloper.uk

Comment

I cant find anyway to add a wind to GroomHair???

Comment

Originally posted by MaximeDupart View Post
                      Sweet potatoe, what are the recommended nvidia driver for 4.24? i did have a couple crashes with "D3D device lost" using latest github 4.24 .
                      Also my editor seems to be locked at 60 despite playing around with t.maxFPS .

Spoiler

Answering partially to what i noticed: there's a new behaviour for Nvidia GPU owners, while previous engine version were not impacted by nvidia control panel settings (i had vsync forced 'on', yet my editor framerate was at 120fps).

From 4.24 Nvidia control panel settings are effective in editor viewports, as well as PIE.

I'll see if it fixes my Editor crashes, but it seems i was forcing triple buffering and vsync in editor.
                      Last edited by MaximeDupart; 12-10-2019, 03:25 AM.
                      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Hello UE team,
                        I love the all things you are made. But in somehow I feel the new UE4.24 kind slower than before!

Comment

Originally posted by SRombauts View Post
                          Ta-da, my Plastic SCM source control provider has been integrated by default in Unreal!

After the Git plugin, this is my second big plugin

Edit: although someone from Epic forgot to put my name in the list of community contributors, not sure who to bug for this...
                          Great job man!

Comment

Originally posted by SvenK View Post

Did you modify BuildConfiguration.xml ?
                            The exact VC version no. is 14.22.27906 AFAIK, if you updated to VS2019 16.4.0.

The VC compiler version is a bit picky with Unreal 4.24 now. If you provide the WindowsPlatform.CompilerVersion explicitely, it has to be exact now, or will lead to this error.
                            You can find out the exact version no. by switching to the corresponding directory and start cl.exe.

e.g.:
                            cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.22.27905\bin\HostX64\x64
                            cl.exe

output:
                            > Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.22.27906 for x64 (look at the version no. )

HTH - Cheers
                            Oh yes, I completely forgot I did it, now it work, thanks!
                            Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Hiiiiiiiii!!!

Hopefully, somebody can help me with this as for the life of me I can't figure out what it could be

So I'm updating my Email Plugin for releasing the 4.24 version on the marketplace and it builds fine and I can package for Windows no problem. When I try to package for android I get this:

C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9.x/../../../../aarch64-linux-android/bin\ld: cannot find C:/Users/symon/Desktop/EmailPluginDev/Plugins/EmailPlugin/Source/ThirdParty/lib/Android/arm64-v8a: Permission denied
                              clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Now obviously the plugin links to a static library which works fine for 4.21 to 4.23 but in 4.24 it seems to have some issues with getting permission to access the folder in which the android static library lives. I tried looking into the following:
                              - Making sure the AndroidWorks doesn't need to be updated
                              - Build for various SDK versions (no luck)
                              - Checking read-only permissions on all the plugins subfolders and files

4.24 also prompts you with these messages while building:
                              [Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
                              [Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
                              [Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
                              [Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...WYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
                              [Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting 'DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;' in EmailPluginDev.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.

And I already tried to see if any of the above makes a difference and no luck yet.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
                              DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

Comment

Originally posted by DownToCode View Post
                                [Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
                                [Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
                                [Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
                                [Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...WYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
                                [Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting 'DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;' in EmailPluginDev.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
                                Same messages here, after creating a new blank C++ template in 4.24 and trying to compile it.

I don't want to suppress this message. Instead, I would like to upgrade and use the new build settings.

So, what are we supposed to do for migrating to Build Settings V2?

Comment

Working...
                                X