This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiotDen View Post
    A few weeks ago, I wrote here, with the same problem, but provided a screenshot, as it turned out, they did not believe me. Now I provide a video, I say immediately there are no effects on the mirror and lamp. But what causes the blue light to appear?

Video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1awl...YyTQ6nglI/view
    The best way to get issues sorted out is to fill this bug report, describing the steps to reproduce the issue and if possible a small project showing the setup https://www.unrealengine.com/support/report-a-bug, you can add the video to it
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

The best way to get issues sorted out is to fill this bug report, describing the steps to reproduce the issue and if possible a small project showing the setup https://www.unrealengine.com/support/report-a-bug, you can add the video to it
      I do not think that this is some kind of bug, or something like that. But thanks for the answer, I will send the error there too to which you gave the link.

Comment

Hi all,
        Noticing it takes multiple times to enable plugins via checking box and restarting, usually I have to do it twice, I always double check to see it 'took' and is active after restarting.
        Anyone else seeing this?

Comment

The Latest version crashes with Raytracing and World Composition / Multiple Terrains..

Comment

Over two months of hell... Crashes every five minutes without fail... Worst version of unreal engine ever including udk...Two hotfixes that were over three gigs each on mobile broadband and they didn't seem to do anything... Its an absolute nightmare... When are you going to fix this?

Can't believe you totally destroyed the engine just to add chaos destruction... Which as a side note isn't even that impressive ...the true power of chaos destruction is its ability to destroy unreal engine...

The really funny thing is this is supposed to be a stable release... I mean cmon! Do you even test this before you distribute it? Every five minutes, without fail!!!

How I long for the glory days of 4.18
            Last edited by ambershee; 02-12-2020, 11:16 AM. Reason: needless inflammatory remark removed.

Comment

Just getting started converting over to 4.24.2 and ran into this error, anyone else hit this running the test configuration?

Module.PixelStreaming.cpp (0:03.18 at +0:00)
              12:04:39 Engine/Plugins/Media/PixelStreaming/Source/PixelStreaming/Private/WebRTCLogging.cpp(53): error C2039: 'IsSuppressed': is not a member of 'FNoLoggingCategory'
              12:04:39 engine\source\runtime\core\public\Logging/LogMacros.h(101): note: see declaration of 'FNoLoggingCategory'

Comment

If you set Directional Light stationary, then with the light build, the text with the preview does not disappear, because of what?

I work on the version of the engine 4.24.1

Comment

If you set Directional Light stationary, then with the light build, the text with the preview does not disappear, because of what?

I work on the version of the engine 4.24.1
                  lights in general are broken af. in 4.24.2 the only way to get lighting to build is to turn off cast shadows. then after it builds lighting wont show.
                  then if y0ou move a light it starts showing again. they broke something with lights.

don't use pointlights in 4.24.2 they will break your scene and you cant compile lights. its all messed up
                  Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

lights in general are broken af. in 4.24.2 the only way to get lighting to build is to turn off cast shadows. then after it builds lighting wont show.
                    then if y0ou move a light it starts showing again. they broke something with lights.

don't use pointlights in 4.24.2 they will break your scene and you cant compile lights. its all messed up
                    Ok, thanks for the detailed explanation. And in version 4.23 is the same problem, or are there all the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

is this documented in any bug report? Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                        After upgrading from 4.24.1 to 4.24.2, I get seam issues on landscapes. Landscape LOD settings do not appear to be affected. Using paint layers to fix this is not working.

Click image for larger version Name:	landscape_seams.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	1717093
                        This is only visible in the editor, not in the game, or when play is started. Bit annoying when painting layers, perhaps a cached shader issue?
                        Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post

is this documented in any bug report? Can anyone confirm or disprove this?
                          I can build lightning, using pointlights in the scene.
                          Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Ok, thanks for the detailed explanation. And in version 4.23 is the same problem, or are there all the rules?
                            they work in 4.23. they are only broken in 4.24 sadly.
                            Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Creating a new c++ class MyLevel_GM from ProjectNameGameModeBase inside a folder of choice, compile/hot reload fails, cannot find ProjectNameGameModeBase.h no such file exists. Had to change include path in MyLevel_GM.h from #include "ProjectNameGameModeBase.h" to #include "..\ProjectNameGameModeBase.h" to fix

Error will occur when trying to create another c++ class, i.e. PC class in folder of choice.

Using VS2019, even when into project settings and added project include path to ProjectNameGameModeBase.h location, but UE4 still failed hot reload and could not find. I may be doing something wrong, but I ran into this and wanted to post.

Comment

Hi everyone. my name is Paul and i am having trouble getting the UE4 update from 4.19 to 4.24. Is there something that i should be doing differently to download 4.24? every time i hit download it wants to install 4.19 instead. i am new to unreal and want to learn to the best of my ability and feel as though i should get the update to keep on top of things. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X