Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've downloaded 4.24 from Git (Release branch) and ran into a problem. Setup.bat says 'Failed to download http://cdn.unrealengine.com/dependen...2355ab72172280 blah blah (PathTooLongException)'. I believe the issue isn't on my side as I've cloned the repo right into the root of my disk partition. 4.23 sitting right next to it is fine. Please heeelp ...
    Last edited by sukovf; 12-09-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Installed Clang 6.0 for UE4.21 and Clang 8 for UE4.24...

4.21 says it won't compile because Clang 8 is installed,
      4.24 says it won't compile because Clang 6 is installed.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

If you want Chaos you must build from source, did you build from source?
        I just tried from source. Ton of errors. Have you tried?

Comment

Anyone got a Gamesparks 4.24? https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...-sdk/questions
          Reallusion Unreal Engine Community Manager / LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post
            Before i send a bug report, anyone have this error on create a C++ project?
            I have VS19 16.4.0 installed.

Did you modify BuildConfiguration.xml ?
            The exact VC version no. is 14.22.27906 AFAIK, if you updated to VS2019 16.4.0.

The VC compiler version is a bit picky with Unreal 4.24 now. If you provide the WindowsPlatform.CompilerVersion explicitely, it has to be exact now, or will lead to this error.
            You can find out the exact version no. by switching to the corresponding directory and start cl.exe.

e.g.:
            cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.22.27905\bin\HostX64\x64
            cl.exe

output:
            > Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.22.27906 for x64 (look at the version no. )

HTH - Cheers

Comment

Tried both versions of the source and errors occurred. Does Chaos work with 4.24?

Comment

• New: SkeletalMeshComponent and StaticMeshComponent are now marked as Blueprintable.
                yyyyyyyyyeeeesss!
                HeadsAndBrains
                MARKETPLACE | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                  Tried both versions of the source and errors occurred. Does Chaos work with 4.24?
                  Are you picking the source from this page? https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases I didn't try yet, but just to make sure you got the correct source.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Are you picking the source from this page? https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases I didn't try yet, but just to make sure you got the correct source.
                    No from github. I will try it next. Have been able to get the compile to work?

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

No from github. I will try it next. Have been able to get the compile to work?
                      I am still waiting for a set of jobs to be completed on the machine I use to compile and I will try that next.
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I am still waiting for a set of jobs to be completed on the machine I use to compile and I will try that next.
                        Just tried https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases . More errors. NilsonLima If you get to work, please be very explicit on how if it works. Are going to do it today? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post

Where is this new sample? I can only see the older one in the Learn tab. Or was the new studio in the images just meant as an example?

Same here! The new example looks great. Hope to be able to access it soon.

Comment

I am unable to generate project files with UE4.24 (installed from the Launcher). I have no problem with 4.23 or previous versions. The error is:

Code:
                            ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing.  Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.
                            I've never installed any .NET Framework directly, only installed Visual Studio and everything was smooth. What it can be?
                            Leader of the Unreal Engine Meetup - Rome.
                            Find me on twitter, glad to get in touch

Comment

// NOTE. The Polygon Editing plugin is only supported on 64-bit Windows.

Some render features such as SSGI, Raytracing, RTGI and etc. does not supported yet on macos (RX, VEGA hardware).

Comment

Is the non-volumetric cloud material that Ryan Brucks showed off in the last livestream available somewhere?

Not talking about the volumetric material that he said was on GitHub, I mean the unlit material he described as faking lighting with a "bump-offset type shadow"...

Timestamped (1:06:06) Link

Comment

Working...
                                X