This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Was it ever entered into issue tracker? Do you have UE- number for it ?
    yes there is a tracker for it i forget the number
    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Hi,

My Linux players reported a strange flickering effect (similar to Z-fighting) - after digging in, I found the following with 4.24.1 and 4.24.2 using the Vulkan RHI on Ubuntu:
      • Spline meshes appear flickery with official Nvidia driver 440.44
      • Spline meshes work fine with official Nvidia driver 435.21
      I can't work out whether this is an Nvidia driver regression, or an Unreal Engine bug. I can't see it being an Unreal Engine bug unless the Vulkan RHI is relying on odd driver behaviour, or is detecting the version and using different logic depending on the driver version.

Here's a screenshot of the behaviour, the dirt track here is a Spline mesh: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...2ED41DCD8E2A2/

Is anyone else in the same situation? Have you found any workarounds?

Thanks,
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Edwardes View Post
        Hi,

My Linux players reported a strange flickering effect (similar to Z-fighting) - after digging in, I found the following with 4.24.1 and 4.24.2 using the Vulkan RHI on Ubuntu:
        • Spline meshes appear flickery with official Nvidia driver 440.44
        • Spline meshes work fine with official Nvidia driver 435.21
        I can't work out whether this is an Nvidia driver regression, or an Unreal Engine bug. I can't see it being an Unreal Engine bug unless the Vulkan RHI is relying on odd driver behaviour, or is detecting the version and using different logic depending on the driver version.

Here's a screenshot of the behaviour, the dirt track here is a Spline mesh: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...2ED41DCD8E2A2/

Is anyone else in the same situation? Have you found any workarounds?

Thanks,
        Alan
        this is also happening in VR if you use meshes from engine content maybe they broke a shader or something. ooof. try setting the lightmap resolution higher. it seems to have helped mine a bit. i was using 64 as resolution. 512 seems to have fixed mine. maybe try 1024 for your mesh? experiment with it. let me know if it helps.
        Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Found a bug, occurred in 424.1 as well, but also exists in 424.2:

If I add 2 or more animations for a single mesh on Sequencer, and I make one of the animations have Animation>Properties>When Finished>"Keep State",
          when I scrub through the animation, the mesh all of the sudden pops to the Default state and is locked in this default position until I close out the Sequencer and re-open it. Like if I saved a Sequence, I close and reload it. Then I can scrub maybe 2-3 times before it locks up to Default state again. When it locks up it does not play/show any animation at all.

Now, if I only have 1 animation on the sequencer timeline, and set it in Properties to "Keep State" when finished, it can be scrubbed indefinitely.

So, bug involves (a) Keep state when (b) 2 or more animations are on the timeline, leading to a (c) mesh lock-up.

Workaround is saving the sequencer, closing out sequencer, and opening up sequencer again, but it's a real pain in the Asset.

THX!

Comment

Originally posted by SparkyMcSparks View Post

Are you using SteamVR Input? It's part of the engine in 4.24 so it might be kicking off unless you're opting out of it. You'd need to generate manifest + binding and then reload them, here's a tutorial link from the Valve wiki: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...Quickstart#use

Also an important note on how Axis Inputs work with SteamVR Input:

So if you wanted artificial movement with your left controller you'd need
            • MoveLeft_X with a mapping for Vive(L) Trackpad X
            • MoveLeft_Y with a mapping for Vive(L) Trackpad Y
            Thx for letting me know, i added some extra mapping (like u said) working now but this is really annoying. i really miss the previous one (deprecated) and this workflow still not stable.

Regenerate from editor still not working. Added new mapping manually from "steam bindings dashboard" .

Hopefully an easier solution will come soon, not easy usable with the current custom mapping workflow.

if it does not come i don't think of applying more with vive.

Thx again.

Amberify Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24

Comment

When I package my project for UE 4.24.2, is it using dx12 now? It is using dx11 on UE4.23, running on the same system.

Comment

Big thanx for fixing play rate :-)

Comment

Originally posted by overreal View Post
                  When I package my project for UE 4.24.2, is it using dx12 now? It is using dx11 on UE4.23, running on the same system.
                  double check your rhi target in your project settings. (Platforms - Windows - Targeted RHIs)

set the default rhi to DX11

unless you're saying it's ignoring this?

Comment

UE-85899 "UAIPerceptionSystem::Tick() has a chance of not being called after level reloading" was (and is still) listed for the 4.24.2 hotfix but still says "unresolved". Is there some more information available? This issue occurs on dedicated servers and even caused bad Steam reviews due to non-working AI.

Comment

For those having issues with Play In Editor delays with large landscapes, Epic has been able to reproduce the issue from my bug report https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-87701. I found a workaround by moving the landscape from the sublevel to the persistent level (or vice versa) will return PIE start times to normal. Just don't save the level, or the times will skyrocket again.

Comment

I have reported the Linux/Vulkan spline mesh rendering bug as case #00152785. Here's a simple project that reproduces this bug, only under Nvidia driver 440.44 (the latest at the time of writing): https://iamestranged.com/distribute/...ineBug4-24.zip

It is not related to VR/lightmaps as one user reported above (that must be a separate issue).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-from-20200130-001332.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	1714857

I do hope this is an engine bug rather than a driver bug, it feels like the latter would take significantly longer to get fixed...
                        Alan

Comment

I was able to compile 4.24.0 and 4.24.1 with no errors. now with 4.24.2 I get these two...

Chaos - C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PBDCollisionConstraint.ispc.generated.h': No such file or directory
                          GeometryCollectionEngine - C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GeometryCollectionComponent.ispc.generated.h': No such file or directory

Does anyone know why these files aren't generated or if they were, why can't they be found?

I did update VS since last successful 4.24.1 build.
                          Using Visual Studio 16.4.3 - 14.24.28315 toolchain in Windows 10

Edit: I tried a rebuild and clean in VS but still failed to compile. So I deleted everything in the engine folder and downloaded 4.24.2 source as a zip, extracted it into the folder and was able to compile. I usually just pull the new version with git. So there must of been something left behind in the folders from previous builds affecting the compile.
                          Last edited by Sarlack; 01-30-2020, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I am getting PSO crash in DX12 everytime when painting more than 6 layers on landscape. There is some limit landscape material complexity before it gets unstable. No issues with the same landscape material in DX11. Another forum been reporting similar issue via pm. I have sent PSO crashlogs via the crash window.

Comment

As another DX12 issue, getting insane drawcall hit 80ms, compared to 9.4ms in DX11. On 7x7km map with 2237 actors and 300k trees/rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DMoss View Post
                                For those having issues with Play In Editor delays with large landscapes, Epic has been able to reproduce the issue from my bug report https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-87701. I found a workaround by moving the landscape from the sublevel to the persistent level (or vice versa) will return PIE start times to normal. Just don't save the level, or the times will skyrocket again.
                                Wow thx, I'll just wait for fix, ty for update I was thinking it was just my rig just no longer being relevant for complexity of world.
                                Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                                https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Working...
                                X