Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of nonsense with the engine, yesterday 01/21/2020 at 3 o’clock in the morning, I was able to get rid of the departure in the log that I threw off above. Today, 01/22/2020, at one in the morning, I launch my project and catch the same log again. Although he was not there yesterday, I could work calmly.

Are you suggesting looking for a mistake in a large number of mesh, but this is some kind of nonsense.

P.S. I work on version 4.24.1

Comment

wow, for once it finished my project, I added an item just somewhere on the field that was talking about it.

it was stuck for about 20 minutes on 0% and then it finished..

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-X-Check-this=

Comment

How do you expose the hair root/tip thickness in the groom feature for hair??? I'm only getting hair width through. I'm guessing i have to add something before export to .abc but i have no clue how to do that??! Any help guys?

Figured out the above, the root tip features in the groom node is available via the "master" branch on git hub. Looking forward to more updates to this awesome tool. Great work guys!
        Last edited by MacDonald82; 01-22-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Still experience this issue in 4.24. Makes it almost impossible to use this engine version as I can't afford to wait 4 to almost 10 seconds for each test play.
          Anyone else with this issue?

Originally posted by Solenism View Post
          There is some kind of major performance regression related to fairly large landscapes (4k x 4k in my case), particularly if they are in sublevels. I do not have all the steps to reproduce it yet, but at least in my own level, the delay between pressing "Play in Editor" and being able to play the level went up from about 0.3s in 4.22 to about 5s in 4.23. Also, if I move my landscape to the main level, the delay goes down to 1s, which is much more managable, but still significantly more than in 4.22.

If I create a blank project and create a large landscape and move it to a sublevel, the overall delays are lower, but it appears that they still have increased significantly compared to 4.22.

Has anyone else observed something like this, or knows of a fix or workaround?"
          Last edited by Tinypawparade; 01-22-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Oh ya thought it was just my semi lacking hardware, but yes, same,,very annoying long time for play to begin.
            Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
            https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

I added a landscape and hit the CREATE button and it froze the whole engine at 0% status bar, seems that other users are experiencing this also, a 0% frozen status bar.

Just on the side, I got really drunk at a 0% status Bar the other night.....It was Unreal.....
              Eh?
              EH!?...

Comment

Originally posted by Tinypawparade View Post
                Still experience this issue in 4.24. Makes it almost impossible to use this engine version as I can't afford to wait 4 to almost 10 seconds for each test play.
                Anyone else with this issue?

Originally posted by Solenism View Post
                There is some kind of major performance regression related to fairly large landscapes (4k x 4k in my case), particularly if they are in sublevels. I do not have all the steps to reproduce it yet, but at least in my own level, the delay between pressing "Play in Editor" and being able to play the level went up from about 0.3s in 4.22 to about 5s in 4.23. Also, if I move my landscape to the main level, the delay goes down to 1s, which is much more managable, but still significantly more than in 4.22.

If I create a blank project and create a large landscape and move it to a sublevel, the overall delays are lower, but it appears that they still have increased significantly compared to 4.22.

Has anyone else observed something like this, or knows of a fix or workaround?
                This has been my largest issue with this release and has been incredibly frustrating. I can't seem to replicate it in new files though, only upgraded projects.
                Last edited by 3DMoss; 01-22-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Only issue i found so far is that using the VR spectator in VR is broken and causes major LAG

I removed the tick every frame and used tick with a delay of 0.0003 to capture frames and it still lags to death
                  we need a SET MAX FRAMERATE to the scene capture component. using tick to delay capturing is NOT a solution.
                  Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Any ETA on 24.2 release?
                    We have build a custom version to fix the Landscape Tesselation bug, but i would rather have people download the offical version from the launcher with the fix in it.

Greetings

klimi15

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
                      Only issue i found so far is that using the VR spectator in VR is broken and causes major LAG

I removed the tick every frame and used tick with a delay of 0.0003 to capture frames and it still lags to death
                      we need a SET MAX FRAMERATE to the scene capture component. using tick to delay capturing is NOT a solution.
                      Scene captures in general in 4.24 screw over VR, its a bug and not directly related to the capture rate.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Has anyone else been getting editor crashes (array index out of range) when attempting to import a skeletal mesh exported in FBX 7.4 Binary format in 4.24.1? I cannot import anything, and I've tried exporting from both Blender and Maya. Importing static meshes and animations (i.e. without the skin) works however. The crash will also happen if a mesh was imported successfully in 4.24.0 and then you upgrade to 4.24.1 and attempt to open the mesh file, place it in the world, or play in the editor with a character that references it.

Currently the only way I can import a skeletal mesh is to create a blank project in an earlier engine version such as 4.22, import the mesh into that project, and then export it back out to FBX from the editor. That seems to "clean up" whatever problem is crashing 4.24.2. Note that this crashing happens on FBX files which imported fine in 4.24.0.
                        Last edited by Neoptolemus; 01-24-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Scene captures in general in 4.24 screw over VR, its a bug and not directly related to the capture rate.
                          I figured so. every time they update they fix a bug i'm dealing with but cause NEW bugs to kill the rest of development.
                          All in the sake of fortnite. It's sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by Neoptolemus View Post
                            Has anyone else been getting editor crashes (array index out of range) when attempting to import a skeletal mesh exported in FBX 7.4 Binary format in 4.24.1? I cannot import anything, and I've tried exporting from both Blender and Maya. Importing static meshes and animations (i.e. without the skin) works however. The crash will also happen if a mesh was imported successfully in 4.24.0 and then you upgrade to 4.24.1 and attempt to open the mesh file, place it in the world, or play in the editor with a character that references it.

Currently the only way I can import a skeletal mesh is to create a blank project in an earlier engine version such as 4.22, import the mesh into that project, and then export it back out to FBX from the editor. That seems to "clean up" whatever problem is crashing 4.24.2. Note that this crashing happens on FBX files which imported fine in 4.24.0.
                            I had the same issue, I do believe it is because of the NEW mesh editing tools. If you disable them I don't see any issues when importing a skeletal mesh but once the mesh editing tools are enabled again CRASH lol

Comment

Levels with skylight and directional light will not build lighting anymore in 4.24 if upgraded from 4.23...
                              even if you remake the entire level from scratch lighting stops building on skylight and swarm agent freezes.

Comment

Oculus button mappings don't work at all................................WOW trying to remove my old bindings from 4.23 to use the 4.24 ones NONE WORK THANKYOU YOU KILLED MY UPDATE -.-

Comment

Working...
                                X