Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.24 Preview

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    How tf did this make it past QA testing? Ugly as hell trails on raytraced shadows makes them unusable with any moving objects :/

    Comment


      #92
      Why admob doesn't have any plugins related to rewarded video. There are no documents that we can add ourselves over the internet. While there's a ton of video on Unity, there's a plug-in for unreal that only sells money, and it's a problem in every version.

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Sly.Sk View Post
        Hi,

        I have a bunch of bugs I'd like to report but there is no option for 4.24 yet on the bug reporter (https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/).
        Originally posted by DanimalsOnParade View Post
        4.24 Preview isn't an engine version option in the Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form yet.
        '4.24 Preview' is now an option on the bug submission form. Please report all 4.24 Preview bugs at https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

        Thanks
        Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
          How tf did this make it past QA testing?
          Did you miss the part where it says 'preview'? This is the QA testing, or at least part of it.

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post

            If you attach your project to the debugger you will see where it crash, for example when you add a Geometry Collection to the map it crash here:

            Code:
            void FPhysScene_Chaos::AddObject(UPrimitiveComponent* Component, FGeometryCollectionPhysicsProxy* InObject)
            {
            
            AddToComponentMaps(Component, InObject);
            check(false);
            
            #if 0
            
            Chaos::FPhysicsSolver* Solver = GetSolver();
            Solver->RegisterObject(InObject);
            AddPhysicsProxy(InObject, Solver, GetDispatcher());
            
            #endif
            
            }
            As you can see check() is always false and here the program stop running, also the Chaos part of the code is surrounded by an #if 0 #endif and mean is disabled/never compiled.
            Thanks for the answer. Epic will this be fixed in 4.24 P2?

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by RotemS View Post

              Did you miss the part where it says 'preview'? This is the QA testing, or at least part of it.
              Sure but whoever made the shader edits to add this temporal junk clearly didn't bother to test it, because the results are ugly and nothing like 4.23 :/
              Last edited by Legend286; 11-08-2019, 11:42 AM.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Are there any examples on the hair and fur update? Maybe an alembic groom file that we could play around with? I can't find anything on the trello roadmap or the documentation pages (Digital Human, Photorealistic Character) that covers this new plugin. The documentation pages only covers the baked hair planes technique, where you author with xgen (or similar) and export poly planes. I assume this plugin is used for rendering result closer to xgen, hairworks or tressfx?

                I'll have documentation in place for the final release. At the moment, we're not planning on releasing any assets, test ones or otherwise. We may add some in the future, but that is yet to be determined.

                Right now, to get started with Hair, enable two plugins: Groom and Alembic Groom Importer.
                Export your Groom from your DCC app and save it as an alembic file (.abc). This will give you a special Alembic Groom Importer window when you attempt to import it.
                It'll create a Groom asset in the Content Browser. You can open that to see some of the available settings.
                Drag your Groom into the level and you can start changing some of the other settings like the default hair material.

                I know this is very high-level instructions, but at launch, I'll have an Overview, Quick Start, and Reference material in place to get people started using it!
                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                UE4 Documentation

                Comment


                  #98
                  Landscape Blueprint Brushes and Landmass Plugin (Beta). Up until now Landscape data could be imported and/or edited from the Landscape Editor Mode only. This new feature opens the Landscape data to Blueprints. It is now possible to assign Blueprint Brushes to the new Landscape Edit Layers. Those Brushes have a Render event that can be implemented in Blueprint that allows the user to inject landscape data (Height data and/or Weightmap data) into the Edit Layer.
                  Does this mean we will finally be able to create tools to edit the landscape at runtime in a packaged game, and have collision still work?

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post


                    I'll have documentation in place for the final release. At the moment, we're not planning on releasing any assets, test ones or otherwise. We may add some in the future, but that is yet to be determined.

                    Right now, to get started with Hair, enable two plugins: Groom and Alembic Groom Importer.
                    Export your Groom from your DCC app and save it as an alembic file (.abc). This will give you a special Alembic Groom Importer window when you attempt to import it.
                    It'll create a Groom asset in the Content Browser. You can open that to see some of the available settings.
                    Drag your Groom into the level and you can start changing some of the other settings like the default hair material.

                    I know this is very high-level instructions, but at launch, I'll have an Overview, Quick Start, and Reference material in place to get people started using it!
                    Thank you Tim! This should be enough to test things out.
                    Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com
                    Worked on: Kitten'd - Guardians of Valor (Android, iOS)

                    Comment


                      Hey guys, encapsulation is great but now it's impossible to change the replication condition for some Actor properties. We really need a Macro that can handle this!

                      Code:
                      DOREPLIFETIME_CHANGE_CONDITION(AMyActor, ReplicatedMovement, COND_SimulatedOrPhysicsNoReplay);

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                        Hey guys, encapsulation is great but now it's impossible to change the replication condition for some Actor properties. We really need a Macro that can handle this!

                        Code:
                        DOREPLIFETIME_CHANGE_CONDITION(AMyActor, ReplicatedMovement, COND_SimulatedOrPhysicsNoReplay);

                        I had the same feedback, and they replied to my worry with assurance that in 4.25 there will be a method of doing it. Until then its a warning that can be supressed.

                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ward-from-4-24


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mordentral View Post


                          I had the same feedback, and they replied to my worry with assurance that in 4.25 there will be a method of doing it. Until then its a warning that can be supressed.

                          https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...ward-from-4-24
                          Awesome... let's hope they stick to it!

                          Comment


                            Does anyone know what the atmospheric sky's gonna be? It sounds exciting. Keep up the good work Epic!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by DETERMINATOR20 View Post
                              Does anyone know what the atmospheric sky's gonna be? It sounds exciting. Keep up the good work Epic!
                              I just posted some stuff about it on my twitter while working on the docs.

                              https://twitter.com/TimHobsonUE4/sta...08520989102089

                              So there are two things:
                              1. there is the new SkyAtmosphere component that is replacing the Atmospheric Fog actor. You can drag it into your level.
                                1. It requires a Directional Light with "Atmosphere/fog sun light" to be enabled on the light.
                                2. Add a sky light to the scene.
                                3. Add a Sky Atmosphere component from the Modes panel.
                              2. The other is the Sun and Sky Actor that's part of the Sun Positioner Plugin. When you add this to the world, you get a blueprint actor that has all the components together. It's using physically accurate light settings so it requires some additional project settings to be enabled which I've posted earlier in this forum. Search for Extend Luminance Range or something to that effect for Auto Exposure and it'll look correct. The Sun and Sky actor also works well with Ray Tracing and automatically updates some properties as the light is rotated rather than doing it manually.
                              Hope this helps.

                              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                              UE4 Documentation

                              Comment


                                That looks way prettier than I thought it would! I’m really excited to get to try it. Definitely gonna step up my skybox game!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X