Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.24 is looking to like an amazing release! I am running into a crash though when testing the new groom stuff. UE4 crashes as I add the "groom" component to any BP class. Any advice / has anyone be able to get it to work yet?

Comment

Epic I can't get Chaos to work at all with 4.24 P1. I do see the fractureditor and it seems to work. I did a GeoCollection on a cube and fractured it. When I run it the map crashes. I have no trouble with Chaos in 4.23. Has anyone tried 4.24P1? I tried for about 2 hours yesterday. Any reply would be great.

Comment

4.24 Preview isn't an engine version option in the Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form yet.

Upgrading Epic's Action RPG sample project to 4.24 from 4.23 exhibits a bug in its damage numbers. When the player damages an enemy, the damage numbers either do not show at all or only flash for a few frames instead of fully displaying and animating as they did in previous engine versions.

Comment

Originally posted by DanimalsOnParade View Post
          4.24 Preview isn't an engine version option in the Unreal Engine Bug Submission Form yet.

Upgrading Epic's Action RPG sample project to 4.24 from 4.23 exhibits a bug in its damage numbers. When the player damages an enemy, the damage numbers either do not show at all or only flash for a few frames instead of fully displaying and animating as they did in previous engine versions.
          I would just like to know if anyone has tried Chaos with 4.24P1??????????

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

I would just like to know if anyone has tried Chaos with 4.24P1??????????
            There have already been answers on the rest of the 5 pages. And a lot of people seem to have crashes. This is preview 1. ofc. it could just work, but dont overreact when something does not work. Although, I have to admit that 4.24 not being selectable for Bug Reports is quite unfortunate.
            Guido Lein
            Technical Artist - LeFx www.lefx.de

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
              Epic I can't get Chaos to work at all with 4.24 P1. I do see the fractureditor and it seems to work. I did a GeoCollection on a cube and fractured it. When I run it the map crashes. I have no trouble with Chaos in 4.23. Has anyone tried 4.24P1? I tried for about 2 hours yesterday. Any reply would be great.
              If you attach your project to the debugger you will see where it crash, for example when you add a Geometry Collection to the map it crash here:

Code:
              void FPhysScene_Chaos::AddObject(UPrimitiveComponent* Component, FGeometryCollectionPhysicsProxy* InObject)
              {

AddToComponentMaps(Component, InObject);  
                  check(false);

#if 0

Chaos::FPhysicsSolver* Solver = GetSolver();
                  Solver->RegisterObject(InObject);  
                  AddPhysicsProxy(InObject, Solver, GetDispatcher());

#endif

}
              As you can see check() is always false and here the program stop running, also the Chaos part of the code is surrounded by an #if 0 #endif and mean is disabled/never compiled.
              Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

Was this Amsterdam sunset a map made in Unreal Engine 4? If that's so why I can't see it closer?

Comment

Some great new (and updated) features. Is there already any video presentation online on the landscape new tools, SSGI, GTAO etc?
                  Last edited by MysteryBlues; 11-08-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MGGeymonat View Post

This sounds awesome but can we get more info on it? is it going to be performant enough to be usable in games or is it expected to be more of a cinematic/film feature?

Also love to see material layers getting some light after so long!

keep up the awesome work!
                    Hello,

First experimental release is targeted at high end GPUs and cinematic / film use cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

First of all for anyone using this, It's a blueprint that contains a Directional Light and Sky Light actor, so you should delete any others in your scene or start with a blank scene.

Secondly, the Directional Light is set to 150000 lux. This makes the light appear super bright as you've noticed. We have a Project Setting that extends the Auto Exposure Luminance (search for Extend default luminance range in Auto Exposure settings) so that lights can use physically accurate values.

With that in mind, you can enable that setting in the project settings and restart the editor OR you can change the directional light's intensity to be a lower value similar to what it has been in the past; around 5 to 10 lux.

I hope this helps!
                      Hi, Tim, now ray tracing is great, but there are still some defects, and it seems that the official does not have the update expectation of these contents:

1. About the lighting problem of ray tracing self illumination, when can the emiss material directly cast light from self illumination? This can greatly reduce the cost of arranging night or lighting;

2. Can you see the reflection of complete DXR effect in real-time DXR? At present, the reflection of DXR effect is only limited to shadow, and some indirect light, without any Ao, GI effect, which will cause some strange light and shadow problems in the dark place;

3. This may or may not be a bug. When I use sky Sphere, or even HDRI backgrop and other objects for lighting, I find that rtgi completely fails under this lighting. As long as sky ball or HDRI backgrop is used, there will be no GI effect inside, that is to say, we can't get complete rtgi while using sky Sphere or HDRI lighting? According to the test, only rtgi is affected, rtao, shadow, etc. are not affected.

4. About DXR lightingmass, does it seem that the function originally expected to appear in 4.24 is not available?

5. Is there any plan to expand the path tracking renderer into a complete offline renderer?

Thank you for your reply

Comment

hi guys,

How can i increase the shadow (or other RT features) distance of tree's in my level? (raytraced)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fv...k4_BjWW5uo4LAO

is that possible or hardcoded in this preview?
                        Last edited by Nocturness; 11-08-2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                          hi guys,

How can i increase the shadow (or other RT features) distance of tree's in my level? (raytraced)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fv...k4_BjWW5uo4LAO

is that possible or hardcoded in this preview?
                          look up the r.raytracing,shadow commands there should be one for max ray distance which is what I think you need

Comment

Is there something you should do to enable 'Auto-instancing on Mobile (Experimental)' ?

I just tested a project using MobileMultiview and in Renderdoc all the copies are still individual drawcalls when testing in the Quest..

Also, the splash screen (OculusVR settings) is broken (just like in 4.23)
                            Last edited by maxbrown; 11-08-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend286 View Post

look up the r.raytracing,shadow commands there should be one for max ray distance which is what I think you need
                              yes tried that "max ray distance" but seems haven't for shadow

Comment

Are there any examples on the hair and fur update? Maybe an alembic groom file that we could play around with? I can't find anything on the trello roadmap or the documentation pages (Digital Human, Photorealistic Character) that covers this new plugin. The documentation pages only covers the baked hair planes technique, where you author with xgen (or similar) and export poly planes. I assume this plugin is used for rendering result closer to xgen, hairworks or tressfx?

Edit*
                                I can see that the source for the plugin has HairStrandsCore, HairStrandsEditor and HairStrandsNiagara modules on Github. So that is giving some clues.
                                Last edited by Denny; 11-08-2019, 09:26 AM.
                                Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com
                                Worked on: Kitten'd - Guardians of Valor (Android, iOS)

Comment

Working...
                                X