Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic, I have Chaos working OK in 4.23.1. Why can't you put into into P4? It needs to be part of 4.24. I would like to use it in some of the apps that I purchased from the marketplace. I think it did appear in 4.24 P1 or P2.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
      Epic, I have Chaos working OK in 4.23.1. Why can't you put into into P4? It needs to be part of 4.24. I would like to use it in some of the apps that I purchased from the marketplace. I think it did appear in 4.24 P1 or P2.
      It was quoted it was included by mistake. So far, Chaos will require compiling from source until it leaves the Beta status, which there is no estimation on when it will be. Probably when 4.24 releases, since it is still on preview, Chaos will be able to compile with zero errors from source. Until there, I would advice to keep using 4.23 which is in "release" state and not "preview" state as 4.24.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

It was quoted it was included by mistake. So far, Chaos will require compiling from source until it leaves the Beta status, which there is no estimation on when it will be. Probably when 4.24 releases, since it is still on preview, Chaos will be able to compile with zero errors from source. Until there, I would advice to keep using 4.23 which is in "release" state and not "preview" state as 4.24.
        Got it. 4.23 works good for me. Thanks.

Comment

Can we have narrow separators back?

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.1575131506.png Views:	0 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	1692818

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot.1575131598.png Views:	0 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	1692819

And Plugins issues still there.
          Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
          Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Originally posted by S-ed View Post
            Can we have narrow separators back?

Click image for larger version Name:	screenshot.1575131506.png Views:	0 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	1692818

Click image for larger version Name:	screenshot.1575131598.png Views:	0 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	1692819

And Plugins issues still there.
            how we can customize this menu
            i dont need source control and marketplace shortcuts

Comment

WHen will there be documentation for the new Hair and Fur Rendering and Simulation tools?

Comment

Originally posted by STEVEJJD00002 View Post
                WHen will there be documentation for the new Hair and Fur Rendering and Simulation tools?
                Until after it doesn't crash

Comment

When the feature is fully implemented. There's no point in making docs for an unfinished and unstable feature.

Comment

When 4.24 releases.

Originally posted by sukovf View Post

When the feature is fully implemented. There's no point in making docs for an unfinished and unstable feature.
                    This isn't always true. Yes, some features will change significantly while in an experimental state and we tend to be lighter on documentation for those features because of this. However, some features, we've found that it's beneficial to have at least some getting started-type documentation when releasing experimental features. It really just depends on the feature, though. For something like Hair—even Chaos in the last release—where you have a tool that requires some information to get started working with it, like naming conventions or a particular setup, it's to our benefit to publish documentation that has more reference pages and maybe some how-tos or a quick start guide.

For this release, Hair will have a lite Overview page to explain the current hair rendering and simulation workflow and process (This will more than likely be expanded in more detail as the system matures in the future!). We'll also have a couple of reference pages detailing console commands, naming conventions, etc. And there is a Quick Start Guide that walks through the import process through to setting up the physics simulation for your hair groom on your character using 4.24's workflow (which, again, may change in the future).

Last edited by Tim Hobson; 12-02-2019, 05:52 PM.
                    Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                    UE4 Documentation

Comment

@Tim Hobson Aha, good to know. Makes sense !

Comment

how is the performance on the new hair and fur rendering stuff?

Comment

Any one knows how to add a wind to Niagara Groom ??

Comment

Hey Tim Hobson ,

Any chance this could get sneaked into 4.24?

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5463

Cos then we could do this kinda crazy stuff:

Last edited by ioFlow Studios; 12-03-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

That is pure awesomeness... however it is also a drawcalls nightmare for games.
                              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

i was just wondering if UE has an endgame in mind...

Comment

Working...
                                X