Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we as a community get some word on an ETA for the DXR/RTX lightmapper?
    Last edited by kurylo3d; 11-06-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Is the new Audio Synesthesia realtime or baked? I'm hoping realtime...

Comment

Originally posted by dmac921 View Post
        Is chaos integrated without building in this version?
        Yes, it is integrated, but as soon as I put a GeoCollection in a level. Using fps it crashes. Epic have you tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post

FOR REAL.. WHEN!??!?!?!?! Are we waiting for rtx 3080 TI before you give us a better way to bake our lightmaps?
          I asked the speaker at UE Dev Days and I hope I don't misquote, but the jist of it was that static lighting and light baking is not a big development priority and that they are focusing on realtime gi, which is somewhat disappointing because static lighting is just a reality in the next few years at least, especially for mobile and VR.

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post

I asked the speaker at UE Dev Days and I hope I don't misquote, but the jist of it was that static lighting and light baking is not a big development priority and that they are focusing on realtime gi, which is somewhat disappointing because static lighting is just a reality in the next few years at least, especially for mobile and VR.
            It just blows my mind how nvidia can make a sick video seeing it in action.. like they have it... epic just needs to go get it.. lol..

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post

when their old lightmass system does not work corecltly,
              static lighting and light baking must be big development priority for them

Architects are big part of unreal community
              They need good quality baking tool

Comment

Always love to see new and updated stuff coming for Unreal.

Comment

VR Template seems to be broken in 4.24. I've created a new VR Template using 4.24, and before the editor ever launches, it crashes with an array out of bounds error. Tried it many times, and same crash every time.
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Any idea how to use Chaos Cloth Editor and Hair Strand Tool? I enabled both plugins, but I see nothing new in the menus etc.
                    Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                    Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                    TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

The VR template immediately crashes for me as well.

Comment

SSGI is great, but it has a very noticable ghosting effect. Is it expected to work this way? Will it be fixed?

Comment

Tried converting 3 different projects from version 4.22 and 4.23, but none of them work in 4.24. When trying to launch them, the UE4Editor process runs for a short while then just crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowPath View Post
                            Tried converting 3 different projects from version 4.22 and 4.23, but none of them work in 4.24. When trying to launch them, the UE4Editor process runs for a short while then just crashes.
                            what does it say when it crashes?
                            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

what does it say when it crashes?
                              Nothing, unlike when I try the VR template, it just silently stops the process.

Comment

Can anyone record for me new modeling tool ?

Comment

Working...
                                X