This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    Really would like to know if anyone has compiled 4.24P3 source without any errors. Tried vs2017 and 19. If please give me an explicit explanation of how.
    VictorLerp
    I was able to compile the source two days before 4.24 P1 came out. I'm getting tons of errors since then.

Comment

Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
      +1 can't wait to use this feature but also noticing it isn't actually working for Oculus Go and Quest (multiview on)
      You enable it by adding 'r.Mobile.SupportGPUScene=1' to the 'DefaultEngine.ini'. After restart, UE will rebuild all shaders.
      Also works with multiview. Still a few issues though, for some reason the instances don't always work for all objects in the project OR breaks them in sub-groups. Using RenderDoc to analyze. Still have to find a pattern in this.
      Last edited by maxbrown; 11-20-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukovf View Post

I was able to compile the source two days before 4.24 P1 came out. I'm getting tons of errors since then.
        Similar for me. My last clean compile was 4.23 with chaos and it is still working. try this url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02HWaBR5Om0

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post

I think it would have a higher chance to get appropriately noticed if submitted as a proper pull request

do it right if you know... Please!

Comment

Any ETA on when 4.24 should be getting OFFICIALLY released?

Also, with the Landscape Spline Tool....what does the "Update Spline Level Meshes" button do? There's no tool-tip associated with it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SplineMeshLevels.JPG
Views:	1308
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1689406
            Last edited by VagrantProfile; 11-20-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post

You enable it by adding 'r.Mobile.SupportGPUScene=1' to the 'DefaultEngine.ini'. After restart, UE will rebuild all shaders.
              Also works with multiview. Still a few issues though, for some reason the instances don't always work for all objects in the project OR breaks them in sub-groups. Using RenderDoc to analyze. Still have to find a pattern in this.
              Awesome thanks for that information! (hopefully they make it easier to add via a project settings checkbox in the final release). Keep us posted if you find the pattern for how they are broken up
              Headgear - VR/AR solutions

Comment

Hi, "Ray Tracing - Evaluate World Position Offset" set to true in the Statis Mesh works good! is it possible to use it in the Foliage tool? When I add a foliage type I can not see te option . Thanks

Comment

I am on Preview-3 and cannot package a build.

I have my own ViewportClient inside a plugin and its giving a cooking error:

Code:
                  Failed to load '/Script/MyPlugin.MyViewportClient', falling back to 'GameViewportClient'
                  I can play the game in the editor and it works fine, but packaging is not working.

Comment

Instancing of runtime generated meshes now possible?

I found a new ProceduralMeshConversion.cpp in the UE 4.24 source, building a FMeshDescription from the UProceduralMeshComponent in the „BuildMeshDescription“ method.

So I guess now I could read synthetic environment data (e.g. 3DTiles) during runtime, build a procedural mesh out of the glTF mesh data and then convert the UProceduralMeshComponent to a MeshDescription, build a static mesh from that and then use this as the base for a lot of instanced static meshes?

If that’s the case can someone give me an idea how to create an UStaticMesh from the MeshDescription struct (that I get from the conversion from ProceduralMeshComponent)? I read into the code a bit but the mesh code without any prior knowledge on how it is handled in UE is not easy. I have the feeling that I'm missing something and that it should be simple to create a UStaticMesh from the MeshDescription.

Comment

What happened to the Anisotropic shader? I can't find it on the roadmap for 4.24 but it was there not long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by VagrantProfile View Post
                        Any ETA on when 4.24 should be getting OFFICIALLY released?
                        I have no inside knowledge but the way this has been going lately is they'll go through some number of preview builds, usually 1 per week, and somewhere around preview 8 is the likely release build. So that might suggest that 4.24.0 would be released sometime in January, maybe late Jan or early Feb depending on how much the holidays slow things down.
                        Richard Cowgill
                        rcowgill<at>nvidia.com
                        RTX Technology Evangelist

Comment

Thanks Tim!

It will be great to have an example workflow and test assets in the future especially in relation with the Shave and a Hair Cut purchase.

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

I'll have documentation in place for the final release. At the moment, we're not planning on releasing any assets, test ones or otherwise. We may add some in the future, but that is yet to be determined.

Right now, to get started with Hair, enable two plugins: Groom and Alembic Groom Importer.
                          Export your Groom from your DCC app and save it as an alembic file (.abc). This will give you a special Alembic Groom Importer window when you attempt to import it.
                          It'll create a Groom asset in the Content Browser. You can open that to see some of the available settings.
                          Drag your Groom into the level and you can start changing some of the other settings like the default hair material.

I know this is very high-level instructions, but at launch, I'll have an Overview, Quick Start, and Reference material in place to get people started using it!

Comment

Tim Hobson I can import static hair no problem but I wonder if the documentation will include how to make it dynamic via Niagara? I'm also curious whether it'll be possible in the future to drive the hair color by an underlying mesh or a map and not just one solid color? Thx!
                            ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Deterministic Actor-specific physics which network-replicate correctly for vehicles etc, when?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                                Tim Hobson I can import static hair no problem but I wonder if the documentation will include how to make it dynamic via Niagara? I'm also curious whether it'll be possible in the future to drive the hair color by an underlying mesh or a map and not just one solid color? Thx!
                                To apply physics, do the following:
                                1. - Add a Niagara Particle System Component as a child of your Groom Asset
                                  1. If it's in the world, do this through the level details panel and select "add component"
                                  2. If it's in a BP, do this through the components window and make it a child of the Groom component
                                2. Select the Niagara Particle System Component and next to the Niagara asset assignment box, you'll want to select the Niagara Emitter called GroomAssetSystem.
                                  1. If you don't see it in the list, be sure that you've enable the view options to show Engine Content and Plugin Content and that you've enabled the Plugins for Niagara and Niagara Content as well as both Groom plugins.
                                This particular Niagara emitter comes with a bunch of properties that you can adjust to change how your hair behaves. Docs will be published with more details about all of this when 4.24 is released.
                                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Working...
                                X