This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

Not looking good. I am compiling. Here is a listing of the errors. I did just like 4.23.1. Click image for larger version

Name:	ChaosErrors.PNG
Views:	1198
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1686694
    Could you try it? Any advice?
    Hmm seems bad... Maybe it does not worth the time to mess with Chaos while still on preview..

Unfortunately I can't invest time into this for now, since I am already in a project delay that I can't afford increase any further. Sorry.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Not looking good. I am compiling. Here is a listing of the errors. I did just like 4.23.1. Click image for larger version

Name:	ChaosErrors.PNG
Views:	1198
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1686694
      This is the same error that I got yesterday. I tried updating the chaos project, but it doesn't look like any of the source files were updated. I'm trying the build again now anyways.

Comment

GTAO only renders in the left eye in VR, is that something that will be fixed?
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Loving the new sun + sky setup and correct lighting levels as it will make it so much easier to light internals.

Is the lightmass build lighting currently disabled? Just trying a few separate projects, the build lighting doesn't function.

Edit; Oops. When Raytrace is turned off with the archviz template, it looks like the new template still has "force no computed lighting" on.
          Last edited by KM3d300; 11-14-2019, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda.Bott View Post
            PREVIEW!

Geometry Updates:
            • Modeling Mode (Experimental). We have implemented a new Editor Mode that allows users to create and edit static mesh assets directly in the main 3D viewport using existing Actors/Components that are placed in the world. This does not replace the Static Mesh Asset Editor, but is a separate set of tools that are focused on interactive 3D modeling.
            • Modeling Mode Sculpting Tools (Experimental). Sculpting Tools are a subset of the Modeling Tools Editor Mode. We know that this kind of tool is of particular interest to artists, so we wanted to give you some details! The feature is a simplified version of 3D sculpting found in DCC tools like Mudbox or ZBrush. The basic concept is the same: you click and drag on your mesh to push the vertices around.
            Anybody, experts, how to activate this two modes? Plugins enabled but i cant find where is this modes in UE...
            I know, its experimental but how to and where is that?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftlessAI View Post

This is the same error that I got yesterday. I tried updating the chaos project, but it doesn't look like any of the source files were updated. I'm trying the build again now anyways.
              Let me know if you get to work. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Hmm seems bad... Maybe it does not worth the time to mess with Chaos while still on preview..

Unfortunately I can't invest time into this for now, since I am already in a project delay that I can't afford increase any further. Sorry.
                What I don't understand is that Chaos is working in 4.23.1. How did you break it?

Comment

What I don't understand is that Chaos is working in 4.23.1. How did you break it?
                  If you are looking for stability, you shouldn't be updating to preview versions. Hell, you might want to skip hotfixes if everything works for you on your current version. Chaos is still in beta as well so expect things to be rocky until it's out of experimental. You're just going to have to be patient.
                  Able Ability System - A high performance, robust ability system for UE4. Now Available!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

If you are looking for stability, you shouldn't be updating to preview versions.
                    Or even better: if you are looking for stability, you shouldn't be using UE.

I wish they would stop adding half-baked features and spend full year just fixing and optimizing. Figuring workarounds for UE bugs is sometimes taking half of my work hours...

Comment

Originally posted by tmammela View Post

Or even better: if you are looking for stability, you shouldn't be using UE.

I wish they would stop adding half-baked features and spend full year just fixing and optimizing. Figuring workarounds for UE bugs is sometimes taking half of my work hours...
                      How about just don't use the half-baked features until they're fixed and optimized? By your logic, it's the same as them not being there.

Comment

Originally posted by RotemS View Post

How about just don't use the half-baked features until they're fixed and optimized? By your logic, it's the same as them not being there.
                        That is not what I was saying: instead of fixing the product to be super reliable, they seem to use the majority of their resources adding features. New features don't come for free, also they might introduce new bugs on seemingly unrelated systems.

If they can pull off both (reliability and constant feature updates) at the same time, great! It just doesn't seem to be the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by tmammela View Post

That is not what I was saying: instead of fixing the product to be super reliable, they seem to use the majority of their resources adding features. New features don't come for free, also they might introduce new bugs on seemingly unrelated systems.

If they can pull off both (reliability and constant feature updates) at the same time, great! It just doesn't seem to be the case here.
                          I see, I misunderstood your previous post. However, I'm still in the opinion that UE is still a relatively stable product and that bugs are addressed to a reasonable degree.

Comment

Pirate Tony open the Plugins dialog (Edit -> Plugins) and type "modeling tools editor mode" into the search box. Enable that plugin and restart the Editor.

Comment

Not looking good. I am compiling. Here is a listing of the errors. I did just like 4.23.1.
                              Hi. I am having the same issues. All I did was download the zip from the 4.24 GitHub branch. Unblock, Unzip. Setup then generate. Upon compiling, it appears all the datasmith headers are missing or not found.

Anyone have a fix?

Comment

Let me know if you get to work. Thanks.
                                I was able to get Chaos demo to compile after updating the project, and the 4.24 engine source off github. However, the project doesn't load. It's creating zombie processes that won't close in Task Manager.

I'm not sure what this is error about.
                                LogInit: Display: Running incorrect executable for target. Launching D:/Unreal Projects/4_24/ChaosDestruction424/Binaries/Win64/ChaosDestructionDemoEditor.exe...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-5.png
Views:	1274
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	1687148

Comment

Working...
                                X