This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New: Storing Custom Per-Primitive Data
    We now support storing data on a per-primitive level instead of per-Material Instance, enabling primitives to be automatically considered for dynamic instance drawing.

Storing data with Use Custom Primitive Data per-primitive has the advantage of lowering the number of draw calls required for similar geometry, even if each primitive were to have to have its own custom data.
    How does this work ??
    How can I add per primitive data ??

Comment

Is the Light Build progress percentage gone when building lighting? Unreal just freezes until it's done.

Comment

I would like to point out that mirrors effect in 4.23 does NOT work.
        Yes I have enabled Ray Tracing.
        Discord: OP #5992

Comment

In 4.23 version there is a bug with buttons in UMG. Color and Opacity setting affects not only the content of a button as mentioned in description, but Background as well. So when I try to set text of a button to black when hovered with this feature, it makes the whole button black. In 4.22 it worked properly and consistent with description.
          Check out my works here: Youtube channel. Project: CityBattle | Virtual Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

can u try with HDRIbackdop actor? i think relevant with this actor.
            Yea I did use the new HDRIBackdrop actor in that image.
            TOUR of DUTY

Comment

Originally posted by Ore Creative View Post

This is could very well kill my market place tool. I wounder what our best course of action is. I just cant understand why they wouldn't allow ticking in editor. My tool is optimized so it wont slow things down. Controlling tick intervals is not hard to do.
              I still haven't found any reliable workaround for that. It would be nice to have any feedback from the dev team if this is going to be fixed in the upcoming hotfixes.
              If there is any reason why the editor utility actors can't tick in 4.23, then it could even become an opt-in feature, disabled by default, e.g. by a checkbox in blueprint class settings. ("CanTickInEditor" or something similar). But the deprecated Placed Editor Utility Base didn't cause any trouble with that.

Comment

Originally posted by decksounds13 View Post
                I still can't get 4.23 to open. I get these errors. Someone told me to try to update datasmith manually but it says it is already installed for all compatible engines and there are no options to update...

This is frustrating.

I can't even view the log if I let it build because it closes before I can read it.

Also, I haven't edited anything with C++, but I did double click on one of those files in the editor and it opened visual studio but I just closed that.
                and @ SnifferDog648

The problem is caused by the need to update Datasmith.to be compatible with 4.23
                In your Unreal Engine Launcher > If you look under the Engine Versions : Installed Plugins - you probably see an exclamation point
                Click on it to update datasmith
                Once updated 4.23 should launch properly without those errors.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/editor/Desktop/DS_1.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

• Stephen Ellis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some users have also needed to remove the Datasmith plugin from their installation, and then re-install it (which will update it to the latest version)

After some further testing I noticed that somehow the Ambient Cubemap is brighter in standalone vs Editor. someone else got that issue?

-Standalone
                Click image for larger version  Name:	standalone.JPG Views:	1 Size:	200.5 KB ID:	1661655

-Editor
                Click image for larger version  Name:	editor.JPG Views:	1 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	1661656
                Last edited by Caboose413; 09-06-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

hi some packaging issues with 4.23.0

BUILD SUCCESSFUL for win64 but when i run the package exe i get this message. i did check RHI settings and setted dx12. any advice? (raytace activated project)

Last edited by Nocturness; 09-06-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

you got to be kidding me? are they going to fix that?

im upset they removing the vr editor. I use it all the time. that is sad.
                    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-79917

They said "this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon."

Ouch. So many games gonna break. Edit: Target 4.23.1
                    Last edited by Vaei; 09-06-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

And where they said that?
                      Target fix version is set to 4.23.1, so the first patch.

Comment

there are two things noticed for UE4.23 on linux: 1)BuildPhysX.Automation.cs, if (TargetData.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Mac) {return sym;} should change to UnrealTargetPlatform.Linux. 2) when enable RTTI on linux(ModleRules.cs) set bUseRTTI = true, the code will fail in link. test env is linux 14.04.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Ergot View Post
                          And where they said that?
                          Target fix version is set to 4.23.1, so the first patch.
                          In the email when I submitted the bug report. At the time of posting the target wasn't set (or admittedly I may not have noticed it)

Comment

• Stephen Ellis commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That is general language used in response to all the bug report submissions. It's just there to help set expectations. The people who investigate your bug reports are not the same people who triage the severity and prioritize the fix schedule.

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                          hi some packaging issues with 4.23.0

BUILD SUCCESSFUL for win64 but when i run the package exe i get this message. i did check RHI settings and setted dx12. any advice? (raytace activated project)
                          Do you use the GPU Lightmass plugin by any chance? I have the same cooked error when launching projects on the Quest.Reverting to the original UE code fixes this for me.
                          Last edited by maxbrown; 09-07-2019, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post

Do you use the GPU Lightmass plugin by any chance? I have the same cooked error when launching projects on the Quest.Reverting to the original UE code fixes this for me.
                            yes i did verified engine and problem gone. thanks for advice.

Comment

Working...
                            X