Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.23 Released!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    "cast raytraced shadow off " is it working for translucent material? i think not working

    Comment


      #62
      While building from source, I came across an error in building which says that it cannot find the include file for <spatialaudioclient.h>, located in MixedRealityInterop.h.

      Edit: tried again, same error. It seems to be related to HoloLens. Not sure what to do right now as I cannot use the newest version of the engine from source.

      Edit2: Commented out the include and also the line for the function ActivatDynamicSpatialAudioObject() which returns ISpatialAudioObject*. Now I can build from source. Unfortunately, I'm frustrated by the amount of time I wasted to get this to work.
      Last edited by jonnyvegas; 09-05-2019, 04:43 PM.

      Comment


        #63
        Awesome release sofar no issues Converting from 4.22 to 4.23 just had to adjust some height fog and PP, The new "Actor foliage" is a create addition too. so far my performance seems to be better after some optimization. and Virtual texturing works fine too, also made an Insight comparison with and without VT sofar VT only cost 1ms and saves about 150mb. the new "MaxNetTickRate" also finally got rid of an issue I had for a while

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Slavq View Post
          Was the Placed Editor Utility Base class deprecated? I have a child Blueprint that derives from this class and now in 4.23 I'm getting the "(...) has been deprecated" warning on startup. Is there any way to fix this? The "Deprecate" checkbox is greyed out in the blueprint class settings.

          Update: I've tried reparenting it to Editor Utility Actor, now I can uncheck the "Deprecate", but now it doesn't tick in the editor like the Placed Editor Utility Base was. In-editor ticking is very important for my project, how can I restore this functionality?

          Update 2: It looks like it can pseudo-tick in editor after using a looping Set Timer by Event, but only when the blueprint is opened in the editor tab. After closing, it doesn't work anymore, even if it's placed in an active realtime level.

          Update 3: I've noticed that the Editor Utility Widgets can tick in editor when opened, so this might be a workaround, but how to automatically open them on map load/editor start?
          Originally posted by Ore Creative View Post
          I have a tool on the marketplace that uses the placed in editor utility base and it requires ticking. Is there anyway around this or an alternative in the newer Utility system?
          I also have a tool on the Marketplace that uses the in-editor ticking. Other project that I know also relies on it, so it's a really unfortunate situation.
          For now, the only workaround I've found is to create an Editor Utility Widget and run it - this one can tick in editor, but only when it's opened and in focus, so that's definitely not ideal.
          Dear dev team, please restore the ability to tick in editor for Editor Utility Actors (or any other editor utility actor that can be placed in level), just like the deprecated Placed Editor Utility Base was able to tick.

          Comment


            #65
            Any docs on using the native OSC plugin? A basic example would make it a lot easier to get started.

            Comment


              #66
              When I create shootergame or content examples 4.23 projects it just sort of does nothing and doesn't indicate anything (I think the launcher maybe got a little slower afterwards though). Has anyone gotten them to work? The 4.22 versions still create fine from the launcher.

              Comment


                #67
                When i compiled the over 3000 shaders for the 4.23 Chaos VS says:

                Error C1083 File (Include) cannot be opened: "metahost.h": No such file or directory UE4 C:\Users\jan-e\Documents\UnrealEngine-4.23\UnrealEngine-4.23\Engine\Source\Editor\SwarmInterface\Private\SwarmInterface.cpp 21

                Error MSB3075 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" was terminated with code 5. Make sure that you are authorized to execute this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

                Anyone an idea how to fix this?

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Slavq View Post



                  I also have a tool on the Marketplace that uses the in-editor ticking. Other project that I know also relies on it, so it's a really unfortunate situation.
                  For now, the only workaround I've found is to create an Editor Utility Widget and run it - this one can tick in editor, but only when it's opened and in focus, so that's definitely not ideal.
                  Dear dev team, please restore the ability to tick in editor for Editor Utility Actors (or any other editor utility actor that can be placed in level), just like the deprecated Placed Editor Utility Base was able to tick.
                  This is could very well kill my market place tool. I wounder what our best course of action is. I just cant understand why they wouldn't allow ticking in editor. My tool is optimized so it wont slow things down. Controlling tick intervals is not hard to do.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Lesuge View Post
                    When i compiled the over 3000 shaders for the 4.23 Chaos VS says:

                    Error C1083 File (Include) cannot be opened: "metahost.h": No such file or directory UE4 C:\Users\jan-e\Documents\UnrealEngine-4.23\UnrealEngine-4.23\Engine\Source\Editor\SwarmInterface\Private\SwarmInterface.cpp 21

                    Error MSB3075 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" was terminated with code 5. Make sure that you are authorized to execute this command. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

                    Anyone an idea how to fix this?
                    use VS 2017 NOT 2019 and build it from a location that is shorter like c:\unreal

                    C:\Users\jan-e\Documents\UnrealEngine-4.23\UnrealEngine-4.23\ is way to long of a path

                    also run the bat file as admin.
                    Last edited by frostic; 09-05-2019, 05:09 PM.
                    Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      When using Physical Light values and Bloom set to Convolution scene gets overexposed... Previous versions were fine when using default values ... Now i have to tweak the boost multiplier ...
                      The same is happening with Lens Flares are now too extreme by default...
                      Also noticed there is a "Enable pre exposure only in the editor" enabled by default, how does this differ from 4.22 is it more expensive now? Because there's not really a choice but to enable Pre Exposure if you use values past 10000 lux or so...
                      Last edited by redfox22x; 09-05-2019, 08:51 PM.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Reimporting a set of UDIMs instantly crashes the editor.
                        ArtStation

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by redfox22x View Post
                          When using Physical Light values and Bloom set to Convolution scene gets overexposed... Previous versions were fine when using default values ... Now i have to tweak the boost multiplier ...
                          The same is happening with Lens Flares are now too extreme by default...
                          Also noticed there is a "Enable pre exposure only in the editor" enabled by default, how does this differ from 4.22 is it more expensive now? Because there's not really a choice but to enable Pre Exposure if you use values past 10000 lux or so...
                          I'm not sure why the new in editor option is there, maybe to fix some issues with view modes since they all need to be set up for Pre-Exposure individually. There is overhead on the renderthread using it, but I have never profiled it or felt like it impacted much compared to the rest of the scene rendering, but it's also entirely dependent on the GPU as overflow varies per brand and series. It's not necessarily needed per se, but it can be beneficial to catch any/all issues with overflow on different video cards in which case it would be needed, or you need to reduce the maximum value of the scene.
                          Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
                          ArtStation
                          Twitter

                          Comment


                            #73
                            In "Project Settings / Plugins" I'm not able to see settings for Oculus (Oculus VR plugin is activated by default). In 4.22 it was there.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by jonnyvegas View Post
                              While building from source, I came across an error in building which says that it cannot find the include file for <spatialaudioclient.h>, located in MixedRealityInterop.h.

                              Edit: tried again, same error. It seems to be related to HoloLens. Not sure what to do right now as I cannot use the newest version of the engine from source.

                              Edit2: Commented out the include and also the line for the function ActivatDynamicSpatialAudioObject() which returns ISpatialAudioObject*. Now I can build from source. Unfortunately, I'm frustrated by the amount of time I wasted to get this to work.
                              I posted about what I think is the same error here on page 3:

                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...94#post1660994

                              And also for Preview 8 of the engine:

                              https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...70#post1660070

                              I think it's a regression bug that they let slip through, because nobody uses AR/VR from Microsoft at Epic...

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                                Check output log for errors.

                                There's nothing special about the output log, except is says it takes 10 seconds:
                                Code:
                                 LogPlayLevel: PIE: StaticDuplicateObject took: (9.637963s)
                                LogAIModule: Creating AISystem for world IslandMap
                                LogPlayLevel: PIE: World Init took: (0.001145s)
                                LogPlayLevel: PIE: Created PIE world by copying editor world from /Game/Maps/IslandMap.IslandMap to /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_IslandMap.IslandMap (9.639402s)
                                
                                PIE: Play in editor start time for /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_IslandMap 10,814

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X