Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the following error in the command line when running the setup.bat on Windows 10 from the release branch of the github source code:

Failed to download 'http://cdn.unrealengine.com/dependencies/UnrealEngine-4358751-16521f530c414728b289dbb71f593410/80c1ba699c3de9b0950a5521e587025e7f85f8bb': The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. (PathTooLongException)

Edit:

Fixed it by moving the folder to the root drive to make the path shorter, then moving it back after setup.
    Last edited by Chris.Brown2; 09-04-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

@decksounds13 I found that completely UnInstalling Datasmith allowed me to install some of the 4.23 Previews - then re-install Datasmith

Comment

Whoop Whoop!!!
        Current Projects -Cat Interstellar
        Lead Developer - Ionized Games

Comment

So where is the 4.23 update?? I cannot see it anywhere?

Comment

Nocturness I had the same issue. It started to work properly after I launched Ray Tracing with almost all features disabled and then started to enable them one by one (GI, refl, translucency, shadows etc.).

Comment

Does not work
              Attached Files

Comment

Visual Studio Intellisense is alot slower in UE 4.23 and some files do not work at all with it. Never had any issues in UE 4.22. Wonder what happened there ?
                Michael Hegemann - https://twitter.com/HegiDev

Marketplace Content
                Easy Multi Save
                Mobile Touch Navigation
                Retro 3D Toolkit

Comment

The big feature for me is nDisplay.

Problem is, there's no support for it

I've got it going on our display here at work, but the performance is terrible and the sync between screens is nonexistent.

I'd love to ditch unity and move everything we do here to unreal but I'm basically stuck and can't move forward without some help from Epic : /

Wouldn't you like to see 4.23 running in here Epic?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                    4.23.0 continuously crashing when opened 4.23 p8 project. (raytrace activated)

strangely at 4.23 p8 ‚Äč‚Äčthere has never been a crash even in unremitting 10-hour studies.

winver : 1903
                    GPU : rtx2080ti
                    driver : 436.15 (game ready)

created new project, activated raytrace and crash again.
                    Works fine for me, new project and same driver/card/winver. The RTGI quality is slightly better and performance seem slightly better.

TOUR of DUTY

Comment

Uhhhh everything was working fine up until 4.23 preview 8, but now that I've updated to the "full release" my Quest game is crashing randomly (in the headset). Not unresponsive or anything just straight up CTD.

The crash occurs when I draw to a render target.

These last few versions have been some seriously bad times for Quest people ;\
                      Last edited by UnexpectedSquirt; 09-05-2019, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SonKim View Post

Works fine for me, new project and same driver/card/winver. The RTGI quality is slightly better and performance seem slightly better.
                        can u try with HDRIbackdop actor? i think relevant with this actor.

Comment

I been trying to compile from source for 5 hours now, next thing i know it is released? LOL i'm far and beyond right now LOL
                          man put matinee back... I don't like the new editor its ugly....
                          Last edited by frostic; 09-05-2019, 03:26 AM.
                          Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Be warned, in UE4.23 you can no longer have an array of a struct containing a TMap, it crashes the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaei View Post
                              Be warned, in UE4.23 you can no longer have an array of a struct containing a TMap, it crashes the editor.
                              you got to be kidding me? are they going to fix that?

im upset they removing the vr editor. I use it all the time. that is sad.
                              Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

you got to be kidding me?
                                No
                                Originally posted by frostic View Post

are they going to fix that?
                                Probably not, I don't have UDN access. I reported it but I'll get an email from someone who can't understand the issue and wont elevate.

Comment

Working...
                                X