Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.23 Released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where is 4.23.2 at? I need the fullscreen game fix they broke in 4.23.1
    Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

    Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

    Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

    Comment


      Originally posted by VictorBurgos View Post
      Where is 4.23.2 at? I need the fullscreen game fix they broke in 4.23.1
      Since its only the source build version that has the error, couldn't you change what's in the commit: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...a75e8460933dcd -- Looks like a simple change... then, build once it's changed?

      teak
      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
      -- Willy Wonka

      Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

      Comment


        Originally posted by VictorBurgos View Post
        Where is 4.23.2 at? I need the fullscreen game fix they broke in 4.23.1
        +1

        literally every VR project I'm working on is broken right now
        if only we could downgrade projects to 4.22

        Comment


          It's not only source build... that's the problem... most definitely launcher builds were affected.
          Website/Portfolio: http://www.VictorBurgosGames.com

          Join me on stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BurgosGames for UE4 Game Dev. If you need help, just stop by and ask!

          Wishlist Neko Ghost, Jump! a 2D/3D Puzzle-Platformer : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ko_Ghost_Jump/

          Comment


            Originally posted by VictorBurgos View Post
            It's not only source build... that's the problem... most definitely launcher builds were affected.
            Looks like the issue is wrong: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-81742
            "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
            -- Willy Wonka

            Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

            Comment


              Originally posted by teak421 View Post

              Looks like the issue is wrong: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-81742
              It is. Also the effects of the issue combine with this issue:
              https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-81377

              So the fix for UE-81377 is to set fullscreen resolution... which results in a crash due to UE-81742

              It has been driving me nuts for 3 months now.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sleeper. View Post

                It is. Also the effects of the issue combine with this issue:
                https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-81377

                So the fix for UE-81377 is to set fullscreen resolution... which results in a crash due to UE-81742

                It has been driving me nuts for 3 months now.
                Not good... 4.24 is coming next week... when will they release 4.23.2? Once a new version has been released I've never seen them release a patch for a previous version...

                teak
                "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
                -- Willy Wonka

                Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by teak421 View Post

                  Not good... 4.24 is coming next week... when will they release 4.23.2? Once a new version has been released I've never seen them release a patch for a previous version...

                  teak
                  I know rite. I've seen them do it once.
                  But 4.23 feels like a lost cause. I've been tracking the target fixes for 4.23 and they basically have not changed in 3-4 weeks.
                  Commits *are* being made, but a lot of the known issues don't seem to be getting resolved.

                  I really really really hope that 4.24 does not have such bad bugs.
                  Outer Planet Studios
                  http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

                  Comment


                    Is 4.23.2 coming any time soon? This "fullscreen" bug is a big issue for us

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MarcinTrybus View Post
                      Is 4.23.2 coming any time soon? This "fullscreen" bug is a big issue for us
                      If you are mentioning this https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-81742 it is part of UE4.24 and from what I could read at the GitHub commit it can't be part of UE4.23 because it changes public header files, so by definition it can't be released while in 4.23.
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

                      UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                      Comment


                        Ah, that's a shame, I saw that the target fix was 4.23.2 so I had assumed it'd come as part of it eventually. Oh well, time to upgrade then. Thanks for the info.
                        Last edited by MarcinTrybus; 12-17-2019, 02:52 PM.

                        Comment


                          Hi, what is the reason for this departure. I just fly in level, and my engine crashes. Currently there is Unreal Engine 4.23.1

                          Code:
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: 
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: FVector::Distance(InitOptions.ViewRotationMatrix.GetScaleVector(), FVector::OneVector) < (1.e-4f) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/SceneView.cpp] [Line: 454] 
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: 
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: 
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: 
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fefd9ca06d KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed9e3a367 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed9e3cbc4 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed9c31ada UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed9b867a3 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed9b86eb0 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed37f083f UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed37ed7a4 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fecf5ffd39 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fecf990b0b UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fecf6086a5 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fed3af72d6 UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fecf570fc1 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fecf56e6a8 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fecfdc5296 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000013f967b0a UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000013f97a91c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000013f97a9fa UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000013f98b92c UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000000013f98e60e UE4Editor.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000077aa59cd kernel32.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x0000000077c0383d ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: 
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:504][962]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:511][962]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
                          [2020.01.19-16.17.49:550][962]Log file closed, 01/19/20 21:17:49

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Solenism View Post
                            There is some kind of major performance regression related to fairly large landscapes (4k x 4k in my case), particularly if they are in sublevels. I do not have all the steps to reproduce it yet, but at least in my own level, the delay between pressing "Play in Editor" and being able to play the level went up from about 0.3s in 4.22 to about 5s in 4.23. Also, if I move my landscape to the main level, the delay goes down to 1s, which is much more managable, but still significantly more than in 4.22.

                            If I create a blank project and create a large landscape and move it to a sublevel, the overall delays are lower, but it appears that they still have increased significantly compared to 4.22.

                            Has anyone else observed something like this, or knows of a fix or workaround?
                            Anyone found a fix for this yet?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by RiotDen View Post
                              Hi, what is the reason for this departure. I just fly in level, and my engine crashes. Currently there is Unreal Engine 4.23.1

                              Code:
                              [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                              [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error:
                              [2020.01.19-16.17.49:460][962]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: FVector::Distance(InitOptions.ViewRotationMatrix.GetScaleVector(), FVector::OneVector) < (1.e-4f) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/SceneView.cpp] [Line: 454]
                              [2020.01.19-16.17.49:550][962]Log file closed, 01/19/20 21:17:49

                              Hey, just want you to know that i get this issue as well now, have been battling it all day it's a complete show stopper.

                              For me, here is some info:
                              Same version of the engine for at least a month, without the problem. 4.23.1 from git.
                              Only happens in a particular level (using world comp, if that matters)
                              Happens even when just the "persistent" level is loaded.

                              All i have to do to trigger it, is load the level, then rotate the camera lots, and it crashes in about 10 seconds.

                              Only thing i can think of is perhaps its related to an asset, but i turned all logging on, ran the editor in debug, and basically nothing happens, it just logs the opening of the level, then logs the crash (boo)

                              Going to try and replicate it in a clean project tomorrow as my brain is fried right now.

                              Please let me know if you discover anything about your own one!

                              Cheers!
                              Outer Planet Studios
                              http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by gozu View Post


                                Hey, just want you to know that i get this issue as well now, have been battling it all day it's a complete show stopper.

                                For me, here is some info:
                                Same version of the engine for at least a month, without the problem. 4.23.1 from git.
                                Only happens in a particular level (using world comp, if that matters)
                                Happens even when just the "persistent" level is loaded.

                                All i have to do to trigger it, is load the level, then rotate the camera lots, and it crashes in about 10 seconds.

                                Only thing i can think of is perhaps its related to an asset, but i turned all logging on, ran the editor in debug, and basically nothing happens, it just logs the opening of the level, then logs the crash (boo)

                                Going to try and replicate it in a clean project tomorrow as my brain is fried right now.

                                Please let me know if you discover anything about your own one!

                                Cheers!
                                Hi, I was able to get rid of this failure partially. Failure began to occur much less.

                                You ask how I fixed it? - it’s all just, I just switched to version 4.24.1 and the crash on the flight of the camera disappeared, but partially as I wrote above.

                                Try also go to 4.24.1 and run your project there, or an empty project and see if there is a problem or not.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X