This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ore Creative View Post

It looks like they set it as backlogged. I hope that doesn't mean they wont be fixing the tick issue in this engine version.
    That's unsettling... Any way to make things tick in editor (without active opened widgets) would help. E.g. with a checkbox that is off by default, if they don't wan't to enable the tick automatically. I wonder what's the reason behind backlogging it.

Comment

Has anyone been able to use the new feature Use Custom Primitive Data? I can't find any setting in the material and I have been searching through the editor and project settings with no results. I do however see it being referenced in the source code. This would be immensely useful for a project I am working on.

Edit*
      Nevermind. It seems the switch is inside some of the parameter nodes. For example the VectorParam has the Custom Primitive Data option. Now I just need to find out how to set the values on the primitives.

Edit**
      The custom primitive data can be set via blueprints directly on the mesh component.
      Last edited by Denny; 09-13-2019, 05:27 PM.
      Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com
      Worked on: Kitten'd - Guardians of Valor (Android, iOS)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Edwardes View Post
        Hi,

I tried upgrading my game Estranged: Act II from 4.22 to 4.23 but ran into a very opaque cooking error:

Code:
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogCook: Display: Cooked packages 2900 Packages Remain 1431 Total 4331
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogCook: Display: Cooked packages 2950 Packages Remain 1426 Total 4376
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogCook: Display: Cooked packages 3000 Packages Remain 1333 Total 4333
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogOutputDevice: Warning:
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Script Stack (0 frames):
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error:
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: !bCleanedUpWorld [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/World.cpp] [Line: 4092]
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffcf373a839 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffca5ee9ef7 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffca5eec754 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffca5ce1afa UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffca5c367c3 UE4Editor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
        I assume something has been regressed around child levels/level streaming, but I can't report figure out what's causing it in order to make an isolated repro project to report the bug. Any pointers welcome.

The project is quite mature and has a few main persistent levels, which include child levels that are streamed in/out during play. The persistent levels include a "sky" level, which the child levels also pull in to make working on the child levels in isolation in the editor easier -- possibly related to that.. ?

Thanks,
        Alan
        Hi Alan,

It appears that I am having the exact same issue with the failed !bCleanedUpWorld assertion.
        Fortunately, after days of troubleshooting, I was able to find a 'workaround' and prevent that from happening on my end.

The level structure in my game is set up as follows:

-Base_Level (Persistent, and it streams in the levels below
        -----A_Level
        -----B_Level
        -----C_Level
        -----D_Level
        -----E_Level

However, C_Level has all the other levels streamed in inside of it too. I set it up like this to use it for global baking of volumetric lightmaps (that's my dirty workaround for volumetric lightmaps not supporting level streaming btw).

If I understand it correctly, when C_Level is streamed into Base_Level it won't stream in any of it's children levels. In 4.23 this now apparently causes this assertion failure on cook.

So the workaround for me was to remove all the streaming levels from C_Level. I'm ok with that, it only means that if I ever want to regenerate volumetric lightmaps I have to manually re-add all the other levels into C_Level.

Hope this makes sense and is of help to you. I see your level structure is more complex so I understand this workaround might not be a realistic solution in your case. Best of luck!

Comment

Getting GC related crashes in 4.23 only.
          From Memstack.cpp (stems from GEngine->ConditionalCollectGarbage() )

Comment

Amazing update! Love SSGI even though it's still in it's early stages, and chaos is going to be a lot of fun. Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the terrain performance improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by RafaLL92 View Post

Hi Alan,

It appears that I am having the exact same issue with the failed !bCleanedUpWorld assertion.
              Fortunately, after days of troubleshooting, I was able to find a 'workaround' and prevent that from happening on my end.

The level structure in my game is set up as follows:

-Base_Level (Persistent, and it streams in the levels below
              -----A_Level
              -----B_Level
              -----C_Level
              -----D_Level
              -----E_Level

However, C_Level has all the other levels streamed in inside of it too. I set it up like this to use it for global baking of volumetric lightmaps (that's my dirty workaround for volumetric lightmaps not supporting level streaming btw).

If I understand it correctly, when C_Level is streamed into Base_Level it won't stream in any of it's children levels. In 4.23 this now apparently causes this assertion failure on cook.

So the workaround for me was to remove all the streaming levels from C_Level. I'm ok with that, it only means that if I ever want to regenerate volumetric lightmaps I have to manually re-add all the other levels into C_Level.

Hope this makes sense and is of help to you. I see your level structure is more complex so I understand this workaround might not be a realistic solution in your case. Best of luck!
              Hi,

Thanks for the tip! I spent a while trying to reproduce this based on the assumption that it is an issue around levels being included in sub levels in addition to the persistent level. I found that with my project I can reproduce it if I have two child levels, which each include each other - if I remove the circular dependency from the sub levels, the assertion problem goes away.

However, when trying to make a clean project to reproduce this I wasn't able to under the same conditions - I was trying to do that to submit the bug for Epic to fix. I am hoping someone else has managed that - I will stick with 4.22.3 for now.

Alan

Comment

I'm facing a very vague assertion error when migrating my plugin to 4.23. Unable to update my plugin for the marketplace because of this annoying unresolved crash.

Compiling the plugin doesn't throw any errors. It is when i run the game with the plugin does the assertion error throw up.
                The crash point seems to always be at the module code of the plugin. In my case, its at DragonIKPlugin.cpp

Code:
                • 'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\PhysXVehicles\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-PhysXVehicles.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
                • 'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\PhysXVehicles\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-PhysXVehiclesEditor.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
                • 'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'F:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\RuntimePhysXCooking\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-RuntimePhysXCooking.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
                • 'UE4Editor.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'A:\Mega Projects\Project20_Plugn 4.23\Plugins\DragonIKPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-DragonIKPlugin.dll'. Symbols loaded.
                • Assertion failed: GEditor [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Editor/Kismet/Private/BlueprintEditorModule.cpp] [Line: 163]
                • UE4Editor.exe has triggered a breakpoint.

This is my answerhub question i just recently posted.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...om-422-to.html

Any pointer or help is really appreciated. Has anybody here successfully migrated their plugins into 4.23 ?

Comment

Hi folks - for the Editor Utility Blueprints, it is intended that you use timers for frequently updating behavior. I've attached screenshots of an example setup below, just click to expand them.

Please note that you must have your custom event (or your function) marked as Call in Editor.

We have discovered two bugs, and an area where we can add more functionality.
                  - Right now, setting a timer by a delegate is not working. This is definitely a smoother workflow in a lot of cases than the Set by Function Name node, so we will be investigating this.
                  - Functions placed in Editor Utility Blueprints are automatically marked as call in editor, but events aren't, and that adds an unneeded step. We'll be looking into this as well.
                  - We are looking into adding the ability for objects (in addition to actors) to have timers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow.Storm View Post
                    Hi folks - for the Editor Utility Blueprints, it is intended that you use timers for frequently updating behavior. I've attached screenshots of an example setup below, just click to expand them.

Please note that you must have your custom event (or your function) marked as Call in Editor.

We have discovered two bugs, and an area where we can add more functionality.
                    - Right now, setting a timer by a delegate is not working. This is definitely a smoother workflow in a lot of cases than the Set by Function Name node, so we will be investigating this.
                    - Functions placed in Editor Utility Blueprints are automatically marked as call in editor, but events aren't, and that adds an unneeded step. We'll be looking into this as well.
                    - We are looking into adding the ability for objects (in addition to actors) to have timers.
                    Thank you, that works! I've tried exactly the same setup when trying to find a workaround, but I didn't check the Call in Editor on the timer event, so that's why it was not working.
                    Ore Creative , this solution should help with your product, check it out!

Comment

This really is an impressive toolset. Has there been any update on Shave and a Haircut integration? We're very interested in how this tool could be added to our educational production pipeline

Comment

We are looking into adding the ability for objects (in addition to actors) to have timers.
                        Oh, how many times I created Objects to save on memory and processing when I needed simple stuff to be in their own class just to later be reminded that I couldn't use timers..... That would be a sweet, sweet addition!

Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                        Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post

Thank you, that works! I've tried exactly the same setup when trying to find a workaround, but I didn't check the Call in Editor on the timer event, so that's why it was not working.
                          Ore Creative , this solution should help with your product, check it out!
                          Ahh thats good. Just set the timer via the construction script and it works! Now the last issue I'm having is that the "Get Level Viewport Camera Info" node is not available anymore. Anyone see how to "Get Level Viewport Camera Info" information? I need the editor cameras location.

Comment

Apparently the "Get level viewport camera info" node is not available in any of the new editor utility BP's in 4.23. It was originally used for the "Placed editor utility base" however I think this is a mistake as it makes sense to include it as there is no other way to get the information the node provides. I've submitted a bug report. Anyone having this same issue or Am I just missing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ore Creative View Post
                              Apparently the "Get level viewport camera info" node is not available in any of the new editor utility BP's in 4.23. It was originally used for the "Placed editor utility base" however I think this is a mistake as it makes sense to include it as there is no other way to get the information the node provides. I've submitted a bug report. Anyone having this same issue or Am I just missing it?
                              It's in the Editor Scripting Utilities plug-in, so enable that and you should be able to access it. Thanks!

Comment

It's in the Editor Scripting Utilities plug-in, so enable that and you should be able to access it. Thanks!
                                You are absolutely correct. Silly mistake on my end. Thanks for setting me straight!

Comment

Working...
                                X