X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello,

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-4-25-released

Meanwhile, we’re continuing to progress the Chaos physics and destruction system, and we’re happy to say that with this release, Chaos supports destruction, static mesh dynamics with collisions, cloth, hair, rigid-body skeletal control for items such as ponytails, and scene queries. There’s still more to come in future releases.

Do you know if Chaos is now working in 4.25 without crashing? Do you also know if we still need to download from Github and compile it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I ge
    Originally posted by liam.vd View Post

What you mean by compiled version ? The UE from github ?
    I get the source from Github and compile it. Chaos is working great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Huge news :

https://twitter.com/_Jambax/status/1...617150976?s=20

https://twitter.com/_Jambax/status/1...683873281?s=20

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    Why can't Chaos be put into 4.23.1? I have Chaos using the compiled version for over a month and it working great.
    What you mean by compiled version ? The UE from github ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why can't Chaos be put into 4.23.1? I have Chaos using the compiled version for over a month and it working great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moth Doctor View Post

There's a chance
    But the demo still can't work.Hope the release version can be completely fixed
    Last edited by xermao; 04-20-2020, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Terrian View Post
    Can we expect the sample content to work with the 4.25 release?
    There's a chance

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we expect the sample content to work with the 4.25 release?

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    We'll provide learning resources in junction with the full release of Chaos. I haven't worked with Chaos in C++ yet so I personally can't be of any help but I'll mention it to the docs team!

• replied
    Can anyone provide c++ examples how to use this physics system? I would be interested in setting up rigid body, constraints and applying forces. My aim is to construct articulated vehicle using this. Is his even possible in it's current state? VictorLerp I see there are classes for constraints and joints. Mind you provide code example how to construct some simple articulated hierarchy with rigid bodies and some constraints tying them together? I can work from that but have no clue how to initialize and setup simple things yet. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also noticed that the Chaos Demo works with 4.23.1, doesn't work with 4.24.3. VictorLerp are you planning to make it work again on 4.25 ?
    Have you more visibility now of when it will be stable ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
    I have quite on Chaos. I just spent an hour with Apex with 4.25 and 4.24 it works OK. Maybe Chaos will work in 4.26. Probably the next century.
    I recommend trying the gamework BLAST while waiting or keeping the 4.23
    Last edited by Rainoxer; 04-15-2020, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have quite on Chaos. I just spent an hour with Apex with 4.25 and 4.24 it works OK. Maybe Chaos will work in 4.26. Probably the next century.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rainoxer View Post

I tried 4.24.2 this week and I encountered exactly the same problem.

HOWEVER, I then tried changing ProjectSettings -> Physics -> ChaosSettings -> DefaultThreadingModel to "SingleThread" instead of "TaskGraph" and I got this new crash log :

Code:
    Assertion failed: !HasAttribute(Name, Group)
    [File:C:\UE4_forks\UnrealEngine-4.24.3-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionCore\Public\GeometryCollection/ManagedArrayCollection.h] [Line: 120]

Do you know if Chaos is working fine in 4.25 ?
    No,When you click play in editor,it crash,then epic fix it,but when you active chaos,it crash again.
    And if you switch level,it will also crash.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by V0xFire View Post
    theProfessor i have compiled and run my project using chaos in 4.24.2, however it now crashes when i have a geometry collection in the level, i have submitted a bug report

this is the error dialogue i get.

Assertion failed: false
    [File:D\UnrealEngine-4.24\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos/HeightField.h] [Line: 43]

anyone had any luck with this or is this going to be a waiting game?

I tried 4.24.2 this week and I encountered exactly the same problem.

HOWEVER, I then tried changing ProjectSettings -> Physics -> ChaosSettings -> DefaultThreadingModel to "SingleThread" instead of "TaskGraph" and I got this new crash log :

Code:
    Assertion failed: !HasAttribute(Name, Group)
    [File:C:\UE4_forks\UnrealEngine-4.24.3-release\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\GeometryCollectionCore\Public\GeometryCollection/ManagedArrayCollection.h] [Line: 120]

Do you know if Chaos is working fine in 4.25 ?
    Last edited by Rainoxer; 03-26-2020, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X